November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Wow I thought it was just us!! DS was fine first day. 2nd day he had 102 fever, today 103!!!! No other symptoms except chills here and there. I feel so bad for him. Thank goodness our first week is our hang out week, but I Feel so bad for DD cause she wants to go out and about. Luckily we have so much to do on property and me and DH have been taking turns doing things with her. Wednesday is breakfast at Chef Mickeys and my DS LOVES Mickey. I'll be so upset if he is too sick to go or just not into it. Will be crossing my fingers he is better. Hoping we will see MKs fireworks tonight from our resort. If not, I'm sure we'll hear them lol

Hope everyone else's sick kiddos are better soon!!!

Hi, just a heads up (which I hope you don't need) - if you need any assitance with finding medical help in the general vacinity, WALK TO THE FRONT DESK, DON'T USE THE PHONE. We learned this one the hard way last fall, DD was jumping on the bed and fell off, hitting her mouth (this is one of the downsides to DVC, you get alot of extra space and a kitchen, but the kids can go in a separate room where they are surely trying to kill themselves!). She drove her 2 front teeth up into her gums and her lips were such a mess that at first, I thought she knocked out like 8 teeth. We needed to get her to an emergency room pronto for stitches, and when I called the "front desk" they couldn't help me whatsoever. Couldn't call a cab, couldn't tell me where to go, etc.. I finally hung up on them and just picked her up and took her to the Kidani lobby, where I grabbed the first CM i could find to help us out. Turns out the "front desk" automatically routes to a centralized call center that may have absolutely no clue about anything local, nor appears ready to tell you that they are not the front desk!!!!! All ended up well, the actual front desk was AMAZINGLY HELPFUL (could have been that we were bleeding all over their carpet :rotfl:) and got us where we needed to go. But if you need any help, please take my advice and walk to the lobby! That said, here's some major pixie dust so you don't ever have to take this advice!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:

We will be going thru security with a liquid antibiotic now. I had to take DD to the doctor yesterday. She has double ear infection. Just how we want to get started...at least we found out before we left. This gives her time to get the meds in and working. The plane ride would have been horrible for her. We leave Wednesday after we pick her up from school to head to the airport for the night. We can't wait.

Today she had the pinewood derby and bake-off. Her car got stuck on the track the first time down. It made it down the next time. She did get 2nd place for the bake-off with the orange-cranberry cookies with orange glaze she made.

Does your medicine need to be refridgerated? Just started a 10 day course, they want it kept in the fridge, trying to figure out how arrival day will go. :confused3 It'll be unrefridgerated from at least 5:45 am till about noon, I suppose I could get bell services to put it in a fridge if we can't get in our room when we arrive......not sure if we're allowed to carry an icepack on to the plane? :confused3

Hey everyone! We ended up taking DS to the doctor. Turns out he has an ear infection and tonsillitis!!! He gave DS amoxicillin and said he should start feeling better in 2 days. Lets hope so! So happy we took him and now he can start to feel better. Decided to stay in tonight. Might try Downtown Disney tomorrow If he's doing better *fingers crossed* hope you are all having a good night!

aroundtheriverbend said:
Hi, just a heads up (which I hope you don't need) - if you need any assitance with finding medical help in the general vacinity, WALK TO THE FRONT DESK, DON'T USE THE PHONE. We learned this one the hard way last fall, DD was jumping on the bed and fell off, hitting her mouth (this is one of the downsides to DVC, you get alot of extra space and a kitchen, but the kids can go in a separate room where they are surely trying to kill themselves!). She drove her 2 front teeth up into her gums and her lips were such a mess that at first, I thought she knocked out like 8 teeth. We needed to get her to an emergency room pronto for stitches, and when I called the "front desk" they couldn't help me whatsoever. Couldn't call a cab, couldn't tell me where to go, etc.. I finally hung up on them and just picked her up and took her to the Kidani lobby, where I grabbed the first CM i could find to help us out. Turns out the "front desk" automatically routes to a centralized call center that may have absolutely no clue about anything local, nor appears ready to tell you that they are not the front desk!!!!! All ended up well, the actual front desk was AMAZINGLY HELPFUL (could have been that we were bleeding all over their carpet :rotfl:) and got us where we needed to go. But if you need any help, please take my advice and walk to the lobby! That said, here's some major pixie dust so you don't ever have to take this advice!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:

Thanks for the info! So crazy about what happened to your DD! Hope it wasn't too bad. We went down to the front desk and they recommended an immediate care center which was right down the block and took our insurance! Worked out great! Thanks again!

Oh no! So sorry to hear about all of the sick kiddos. I hope everyone is better soon!

Sounds like those at the parks are having a great time!

Thanks for the info about the front desk, aroundtheriverbend. That is good to know!

So, I've been doing single digit dances for everyone for a while now, and totally missed doing one for ME! So, here it is a bit late.

:rainbow:party::jumping1::rockband:

DD6 officially has a sinus infection, starting day 1 of 10 day meds! :rolleyes2

Good to be on the meds! He should be feeling considerably better by the time you leave. Good luck!:goodvibes

Hey everyone! We ended up taking DS to the doctor. Turns out he has an ear infection and tonsillitis!!! He gave DS amoxicillin and said he should start feeling better in 2 days. Lets hope so! So happy we took him and now he can start to feel better. Decided to stay in tonight. Might try Downtown Disney tomorrow If he's doing better *fingers crossed* hope you are all having a good night!

Yikes! Poor little guy!:faint: I know you're glad to finally get to the bottom of why he's been feverish. Hope he starts feeling better really soon and you guys can really get your party started!!:cool1:

Okay, this is it....drum roll please...my 4000th post right here on our November family thread. Thank you. Thank you very much!:lmao: I also did my 3,000 on this thread I think. We've come a long way, baby! Have a great day everyone!

disneychic2 said:
So, I've been doing single digit dances for everyone for a while now, and totally missed doing one for ME! So, here it is a bit late.

:rainbow:party::jumping1::rockband:

Good to be on the meds! He should be feeling considerably better by the time you leave. Good luck!:goodvibes

Yikes! Poor little guy!:faint: I know you're glad to finally get to the bottom of why he's been feverish. Hope he starts feeling better really soon and you guys can really get your party started!!:cool1:

Okay, this is it....drum roll please...my 4000th post right here on our November family thread. Thank you. Thank you very much!:lmao: I also did my 3,000 on this thread I think. We've come a long way, baby! Have a great day everyone!

Thanks and congrats on your 4000th post!!!!!!!!!!

Bags packed-check, airline checkin- check, Disney gift cards packed-check, OK, today's the Day! Ready to go, oh wait have to wait for husband to get home from work- AWWWW!! Hurry up! I hope everyone has a great time. This is our first time with a scooter and 2 elder people going and also picking up tickets before package starts, hope it all goes well. DMIL and DM both have cancer and 2 very important surgeries coming up that we will not be here for. I hope everything goes well and we are able to relax down there. I guess i leave it in God's hands because there is nothing I can do about either. Have a great Thanksgiving Everyone.:)

Oh no! Hope ur DD's are all ok! Hope everyone has a nice holiday. We leave sunday so that means Smileybug leaves Friday. I miss that girl! Lol

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

So add me to the list of sick kiddos. My youngest has the croup. My oldest also has a nasty cough. The doctor put my youngest on a steroid, cough syrup with codeine, and Amoixcillin. The antibiotic is more for precautionary than anything. We are going to bring it to the airport in a bag with ice. Whether TSA will let up keep it in ice is another question. Once we get to MCO, I am going to buy a cup of ice and put it back on ice. We are just going to use one of those insulated bags that you keep baby bottles in.

On a positive note, check the ticker below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bags packed-check, airline checkin- check, Disney gift cards packed-check, OK, today's the Day! Ready to go, oh wait have to wait for husband to get home from work- AWWWW!! Hurry up! I hope everyone has a great time. This is our first time with a scooter and 2 elder people going and also picking up tickets before package starts, hope it all goes well. DMIL and DM both have cancer and 2 very important surgeries coming up that we will not be here for. I hope everything goes well and we are able to relax down there. I guess i leave it in God's hands because there is nothing I can do about either. Have a great Thanksgiving Everyone.:)

Try to relax and have a good time! You are in a very magic place. Have a great trip!!! pixiedust:

So add me to the list of sick kiddos. My youngest has the croup. My oldest also has a nasty cough. The doctor put my youngest on a steroid, cough syrup with codeine, and Amoixcillin. The antibiotic is more for precautionary than anything. We are going to bring it to the airport in a bag with ice. Whether TSA will let up keep it in ice is another question. Once we get to MCO, I am going to buy a cup of ice and put it back on ice. We are just going to use one of those insulated bags that you keep baby bottles in.

On a positive note, check the ticker below!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're 4 days too! Sorry about the kids, but glad you got it checked out, hopefully we beat all these nasty germs ASAP.....

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how to do the "refrigeration shuffle" too.:confused3

Today we are 6 days out. Right about now next week we should be leaving MK and going back to POP to get ready for our dd's birthday dinner at California Grill. Does anyone else play 'What will I be doing at this time on my trip next week'?

Just a quick update as promised, we ate at BOG this evening and I loved it! The theming is beautiful and I really enjoyed the food. Me & DH both had the French onion soup to start which was gorgeous. DH had the steak and I had the Cornish Hen followed by the lemon meringue cup cake. Both kids had grilled chicken breast which they did with 'pommes frites' as DD couldn't have the pasta. Beast did a walk through the restaurant twice while we were there then we could go to the study for a picture. So glad we managed to eat there it really made our last night, we fly home tomorrow

We got back late Sunday night after an amazing 10 days. Still getting unpacked and settled and catching up on laundry.

Only bummer is we think we left DS's stuffed Perry at the hotel. Of course it was the one thing he bought with his own money. I'll go through all our stuff tomorrow in hopes of finding it. If not does anyone know if the hotel found it if I can get shipped home?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter