November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

We are back home after a lovely 6 days at the Happiest Place on the Planet!! Had a great time- some observations:

* It was definitely busier than 2 years ago- we didn't have to wait in really long queues because of FP and planning, but there were some long standby times out there and PLENTY of crowds!

* Teens really alter the commando plans! We didn't make a rope drop at all (came close a few days, but never before 9), took afternoon swim/ogle cute boys breaks every day, and took advantage of hopping to maximize late nights. Had fun, but really needed those FPs- planning which day to visit which park became important, too.

* Teenage girls will stop in EVERY STINKIN' GIFT SHOP IN ALL OF DISNEYWORLD!!! I don't want to shop ever again...

* Weather was gorgeous- highs of around 80 every day, lows of around 60. Sunny and breezy. There was a slight sprinkling of rain yeaterday morning, but otherwise, perfect November weather.

* Enjoyed All Star Music resort. Pool was nice, food court convenient and good food. CMs were all friendly and service was great. Would definitely stay there again. Buses were pretty convenient, although the loooong walk to the far-flung All Stars stops at the end of a long day was a little daunting.

* We didn't get to see the FLE at all, but it didn't ruin the trip for us. We'll just have to plan another one in 2014 so we can experience it when it is all complete.

Glad to hear All Star Music resort was good,as we will be there is a little under 24hrs :yay::banana::dance3:

How where the waits for the bus' ??

Just had to say... It is snowing in NJ!! My kids are loving watching it come down. Just another reason for me to get excited to head to FL, a bit of warmer weather.

LOL isn't this weather Crazy?!! I can't believe i'm looking at snow right now. 8 more days till sun & nice weather!!!! :cool1:

mrsap said:
LOL isn't this weather Crazy?!! I can't believe i'm looking at snow right now. 8 more days till sun & nice weather!!!! :cool1:

It is very crazy! We can't wait for the sun! 13 days for us!

Glad to hear All Star Music resort was good,as we will be there is a little under 24hrs :yay::banana::dance3:

Mostly less than 5 mins. We did wait about 15 for an Epcot bus the first day, and some buses stopped at all 3 All Stars. But really smooth overall.

Good Morning Everyone!:cool1:

Hey, to pass the time for those of us who still have a bit to go, how about telling us what your favorite ride is in each park? If you can narrow it down to just one! For me, it's almost impossible to pick just one, but here goes:

MK - Haunted Mansion
Epcot - Soarin
HS - ToT, RnR, and TSM (what can I say, I love them all!)
AK - EE:

Mine would have to be:

MK - Big Thunder Mountain - my kids adore this, which makes it great!
Epcot - Soarin
HS - RnR
AK - Kali River Rapids

Today is 16 days until we leave. :banana: But I am pretty sure that tomorrow is also going to be 16 days until we leave. I am starting to feel haunted by that movie ... Ground Hog Day. :rotfl2::lmao: :rotfl: As a matter of fact I feel pretty sure it has been 16 days for the last 3 weeks. ::yes::

Good Morning Everyone!!!:jumping1: Make it a great day!

We are back home after a lovely 6 days at the Happiest Place on the Planet!! Had a great time- some observations:

* It was definitely busier than 2 years ago- we didn't have to wait in really long queues because of FP and planning, but there were some long standby times out there and PLENTY of crowds!

* Teens really alter the commando plans! We didn't make a rope drop at all (came close a few days, but never before 9), took afternoon swim/ogle cute boys breaks every day, and took advantage of hopping to maximize late nights. Had fun, but really needed those FPs- planning which day to visit which park became important, too.

* Teenage girls will stop in EVERY STINKIN' GIFT SHOP IN ALL OF DISNEYWORLD!!! I don't want to shop ever again...

* Weather was gorgeous- highs of around 80 every day, lows of around 60. Sunny and breezy. There was a slight sprinkling of rain yeaterday morning, but otherwise, perfect November weather.

* Enjoyed All Star Music resort. Pool was nice, food court convenient and good food. CMs were all friendly and service was great. Would definitely stay there again. Buses were pretty convenient, although the loooong walk to the far-flung All Stars stops at the end of a long day was a little daunting.

* We didn't get to see the FLE at all, but it didn't ruin the trip for us. We'll just have to plan another one in 2014 so we can experience it when it is all complete.

Thanks for the mini report! Sounds like a great time thanks to your planning skills. That can make or break a vacation for sure. Ahh, I remember the teen-age girl trips. But what fun to have those memories to look back on! Priceless.:goodvibes

:cool1::cool1: Have a magical trip and let us know how it went.:banana:

Today is 16 days until we leave. :banana: But I am pretty sure that tomorrow is also going to be 16 days until we leave. I am starting to feel haunted by that movie ... Ground Hog Day. :rotfl2::lmao: :rotfl: As a matter of fact I feel pretty sure it has been 16 days for the last 3 weeks. ::yes::

That's funny! Have you seen the new (last year) Christmas movie, The 12 Dates of Christmas? Same premis, but with a Christmas twist. Pretty cute. Don't worry, you'll be at Wilderness Lodge before you know it! Really!::yes::

It makes it easier for me to wait for Disney because I'm first looking forward to Thanksgiving and having two of our four kids and their families here. So that's my focus which I think helps me to not go nuts waiting for our Disney trip.:santa:

Good Morning Everyone!!!:jumping1: Make it a great day!

Thanks for the mini report! Sounds like a great time thanks to your planning skills. That can make or break a vacation for sure. Ahh, I remember the teen-age girl trips. But what fun to have those memories to look back on! Priceless.:goodvibes

:cool1::cool1: Have a magical trip and let us know how it went.:banana:

That's funny! Have you seen the new (last year) Christmas movie, The 12 Dates of Christmas? Same premis, but with a Christmas twist. Pretty cute. Don't worry, you'll be at Wilderness Lodge before you know it! Really!::yes::

It makes it easier for me to wait for Disney because I'm first looking forward to Thanksgiving and having two of our four kids and their families here. So that's my focus which I think helps me to not go nuts waiting for our Disney trip.:santa:

I haven't seen that movie. I'll have to look for it. :thumbsup2 I'm telling you..... yesterday was the longest day in history. :rotfl:It was AT least 3 weeks long. :laughing:

14 DAYS!!!:cool1: seriously getting so excited! I found out we can take a carryon on our flight...LOVE that! this will make our trip sooo much nicer! I hate waiting for baggage:) I think I will start to pack a lil today:) :goodvibes

6 Days!!

Getting excited around here, DH leaves on Monday for Pensacola to drive to WDW on the 14th with my DD Sarah. I didn't want her to make that drive by herself, Rachel and I leave on Wednesday. We are all pretty much packed execpt for last minute things. We will be gone for 2 full weeks so we are planning to do some laundry while there but hopefully not too much as we have our days planned out pretty well and full. According to accuweather, we might not make our water park day- supposed to be only 65 the high boooo!! so we might have an open day there--any suggestions??

Officially can do the single digit dance today! :cool1:

We're 9 days until we arrive and 8 days until we leave. We're finding it harder and harder to talk about final prep because we don't want to spoil the secret.

Time seems to be flying by now. I've got 6 days of work left and the weekend is packed up with stuff so the busier I am the faster time goes by.

Going to be a great time, I just know it. :thumbsup2

8 Days to go for us! Working on getting Autograph books and a Princess costume! Might take a ride to Disney Store today, although I don't want to go out with all this snow on the ground!! Can't wait for warmer weather and lots of Christmas stuff!!!!! lol Will finish packing today. Went to ShopRite yesterday to stock up on snacks for the ride down.

We're almost there everyone! :banana::yay::dance3::thumbsup2

I cannot believe we are leaving Saturday!!! I feel like I have two weeks worth of stuff to do and two days to do it all in!!!

LOL, i know exactly how you feel!

Hey, just saw this on the Jack Sparrow DHS attraction possible soft opening for those of us going late month, there are also so hints that Test Track will have some soft openings while we are there...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ck-sparrow-opens-at-disneys-hollywood-studios

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter