November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by mommyof3princess27, Aug 13, 2012.

1. CarolinaMomOf3boys

CarolinaMomOf3boys I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it was

:dance3::dance3: we should be at Coronado Springs :dance3::dance3:
    Have my 'to do' list written, my letter for my house sitter completed and my shopping and packing lists made.....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Hope everyone is staying safe and warm! :grouphug:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disney mom of 6

disney mom of 6 Mouseketeer

Hello everyone,

18 days for us!

Its so exciting around here reading how everyone is leaving soon. I went and got a new pair of sneakers today for the trip. We also decided we need a bigger suitcase. DD wants to bring all of her princess outfits. Ha Ha! I can't tell her no. She is 8 and she might not be into princesses next time we go.

MK - Haunted Mansion
    Epcot - Soarin
    HS - Great Movie Ride
    Ak - ? Last time we were there we only saw the Lion King show and met characters.

Welcome Home!

Glad to see your still not at 16 days Ha Ha! I really like that movie.

Single digits!:cool1:

:cool1: Have fun!

4. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

Here's a little single digit dance for whomever it applies!
    :jumping1:party::rainbow::dance3::yay::cheer2::cool1:

I was just reading on the allears sight about the Boardwalk/YC/BC area and all kinds of things to do around and in those resorts and the whole Boardwalk area. Check it out. Also, can't wait to hear how the girls react to the POR Royal room! Getting so close!!

I know it too! You're going to make your girls day (year) when they find out!!! Safe trip! :car::drive:

:cool1:

:cheer2: Have a magical time!pixiedust:

party: Have a great time!!!:goodvibes

I'm counting on soft openings for TT! I will be there on the 6th of December, but would rather avoid the first official day it opens if at all possible. :rolleyes1

It will be here before you know it!! Sounds like you're ready!::yes::

5. Tulles

Tulles Mouseketeer

12 HOURS

That's right HOURS not days left! Woke up this morning with 18 things on my "left to do list". Been running all day. DD had a speech therapy appt this morning then I had a doc appt and a hair cut too. More then half of it done now. Phew! :woohoo:

Now biggest things left to do is get DS to swimming lessons tonight and pack the car up. We leave the house tomorrow at 4 am! :scared1: Our flight leaves at 7:55am from Buffalo and we have to get there (1 1/2 hour plus boarder crossing time) and get through security in a timely fashion.

This time tomorrow we should be cruising around DTD! :dance3:

I'll "talk" to you all when we get back. :thumbsup2

6. Smileybug

Smileybug Some honey for my old tags back

AWESOME!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

7. squirrel4569

squirrel4569 DIS Veteran

Not sure if I've asked this before here, to my wife, or just in my mind so I'll ask again here.

Has anyone seen the do it yourself pet ID tag machines at Wal-Mart and such? I had one made a while back to use as a luggage tag since the paper ones they give you at the airport tend to rip after a while.

Since we're going during a busy time the possibility of one of my kids getting away from me and my wife is dramatically increased. We're not helicopter parents by any stretch but we're not also prone to letting them run wild, especially in large crowds. I think a week of hand holding might be a bit much for everyone though.

So you might be able to see what I'm getting at. Would it be wrong to get a tag that the girls can wear as a necklace with their name and our cell phone numbers on them? In the event that we would get separated and hopefully found by a CM they could quickly reunite us.

Is it paranoia? Is it cruel and/or demeaning? Am I completely off my rocker or justified? The girls are 7 and 4 for the record. :confused3

popcorn::

8. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

This time next week I'll be on an airplane and it will be on its way to Disney World and not for work! :banana:

9. pkirkbri

pkirkbri Earning My Ears

I don't think it's a bad idea. My kids are 10 and 12 and I put a tag on their waist packs that has the hotel name, hotel phone number, our name and our cell number. That way if the bag gets lost, hopefully someone takes it to lost and found to return or if my kids need to give our cell to a CM, they have it. I'm sure my 10 yr old son would be beside himself and would not remember our cell numbers.

10. MomofKatie

MomofKatie Dairy World? Fairy World! OH, DARN IT!!

We did this for DD and her very favorite teddy bear when she was 7. I went to Petsmart and made the red heart shaped tags for them. Put our name, resort, and cell phone # on them. DD wore hers as a pendant, and her bear wore hers on her ankle. Worked great!!

11. jreeves628

jreeves628 Mouseketeer

I'm right there with you! My flight is at 6:00am Central. Woohoo!!! :cool1::banana::yay::dance3::woohoo:

12. nmills

nmills Mouseketeer

My little ones are 3 and 1, I don't think my daughter would mind wearing one but my son wouldn't. I guess I could always attach to his pants or shoes and he wouldn't notice. My daughter has a "chunky bead" Minnie necklace to wear and I could always put it on there too... I have thought of getting the tattoos with our cell numbers on them too. They are so young and want to stop and look at everything a big fear for me would be for them to see something and head for it and get behind someone and not see them... My daughter is 3 and wearing 18 month clothes for an idea on size. Hopefully they will be content in the stroller so I don't have to worry all day.

13. makingplans4WDW

makingplans4WDW Mouseketeer

Not paranoid... Smart! Here's what we're doing for DD5 and DS3 this trip: DH and I wear lanyards with a plastic card holders to stay organized. Our kids were enamored of them last trip. This trip we got a couple kid-sized lanyards at Party City (only 99 cents each). I'm using the luggage tags from Disney and putting their names, our cell phone, etc. in each, then attaching to the lanyards. The kids will now have their own versions of our lanyards and we'll feel a little more reassured that any separations will be addressed quickly. Wish us luck! ;)

14. mommyof3princess27

mommyof3princess27 What we've got here is failure to communicate

16 days!!!!!!!! Woohooo!!!!!!!

Sent from Erin's iPhone using DISBoards

15. Smileybug

Smileybug Some honey for my old tags back

14 days!!!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

16. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

11 days!!!

17. monica9

monica9 DIS Veteran

so excited that it is finally almost here! I am dreading having to finish packing. All of our summer clothes are in the suitcase but now I have to strategically find layers to add to those "day" outfits without over packing. Trying to figure out how to bring the least amount of clothes to the park for night time. It was hard enough finding room in our stroller last year without extra clothes to add to the bottom of it. Sometimes I wonder if I should just bring a stroller for the rest of our lives just for storage purposes!

my husband is still not ready to talk about disney! I have been talking about it everyday for over 300 days and he always says "I don't want to talk about it until the day before we go". He is the type of guy that just goes with the flow when it comes to vacation. He didn't realize we were going for 12 days until about a month after I booked it! Oh well, he focuses on the important stuff in life and I focus on the fun....thats what makes us a good team I guess!

18. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

Good Morning All!:beach:

We're getting there! Some are winging their way to Disney as I type this. The excitement is really ramping up. I need to feel excitement for my trip because my daughter and her family (3 of my grandchildren) may not be coming for Thanksgiving now. I was so looking forward to them being here. But her DH just started a new job and he may not be able to leave work in time on Wednesday to make it worth their while to come the six/seven hours with 3 little ones. I'm so bummed! So, switching my focus to Disney to sooth me.:goodvibes

Hope everyone has a great weekend!:cheer2:

I think you have your answer from other folks, but just wanted to add that I also think it's a smart precaution. We got the tattoos with my DH's cell on it for our DGD in April and they worked great! We only used one for all 5 days! It stayed on through baths and swimming! But the dog tags sound like fun.:thumbsup2

:yay:

:dance3:

19. mrsap

mrsap DW '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, '14, stb '15

One week from today we will be on our way!!!!! Anyone else leaving next week?!

20. aroundtheriverbend

aroundtheriverbend DIS Veteran

I think it's a great idea! Mine are 6 and 8, and I always make them little photo cards on the computer with our cell phone #'s on them and make several copies so they can keep them in their pockets (we always lose a few). Fortunately haven't had to utilize them ever.

Frankly (cue the crazy music), if it wasn't frowned upon by Child Services I'd be a big fan of microchipping the kids until they were 18 (ok, maybe 35 :rotfl:). I don't consider myself paranoid, but there are just too many crazies out there for my liking....

21. aroundtheriverbend

aroundtheriverbend DIS Veteran

Aww shucks, I could tell how much this meant to you from earlier posts. :hug: Are there still a few members coming? If not, is it too late to go up to be with them for the holiday?