1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by mommyof3princess27, Aug 13, 2012.

1. MichaelAaronsmom09

MichaelAaronsmom09 WDW 1st timers!

Yes, they receive it and then call you to pick it up. =)

Sent from Cassie's phone using DISBoards

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. xipotec

xipotec Grinning Ghosts

Thanks for asking this, i would never have asked even though i am waiting on my travel docs.
    Well now ill call it Mickey Mail!!!!
    Should be here any time.

4. Whazzatk

Whazzatk Mouseketeer

Ours came together in one envelope last week!

5. squirrel4569

squirrel4569 DIS Veteran

Tick, tock, tick, tock. :hourglass

Just waiting for something to do to get ready.

I think my current debate is which cameras to bring. My wife and I will have our phones and we'll make use of the PP+ so I'm not sure if we want to bring our camcorder or DSLR or even a point and shoot to have as a backup for our phones. The kids will also have their iPods so they can take pictures with those as well. The camcorder does AWESOME video and would be great for fireworks, parades, etc and isn't very large, but I'd hate for it to come up missing somehow. The DSLR is pretty bulky but also takes amazing pictures. :confused3

What cameras are you bringing? Just cell phones? Relying only on PP? Point and shoot? DSLR?

6. jgbills

jgbills Earning My Ears

Our travel agent (AAA) said that the documents are mailed to them, then they will mail them to us. So we will have some extra time to wait. Our kids know that they are going, but we told them we are leaving on Nov. 18 when we are really going on Nov. 11. :) So we need to intercept the documents too. I wonder if your travel agent could mail them to a different address? Good luck!

7. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

I don't have a DSLR. But I'm not even taking point and shoot this time. We are doing PP+ and IPhones (4s). I haven't decided on the HD Video webcam. It's really small so I may still take that. But it doesn't hold a charge for very long so I may not bother.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

8. ireneryan

ireneryan DIS Veteran

I am bringing my trusty Canon PowerShot, I'm not in love with my iPhone 4S pictures, they're okay but not the same as what I can do with my Canon. And we'll have PP+, but I never have enough pictures!!:goodvibes

9. MomofKatie

MomofKatie Dairy World? Fairy World! OH, DARN IT!!

We are the opposite- I almost never take any pictures at all (apart from meet & greets). Now that DD is older and not really interested in getting pics with characters, I might end up with only a handful of pics from this trip. I don't bother with a camera at all- just use my cellphone for my few shots.

I do want to get a Christmas card pic of DD- we will miss most of the holiday decorations this trip, but I'm hoping we can find something Christmas-y to pose in front of.

10. nmills

nmills Mouseketeer

I am bringing my DSLR I never leave home without it. We will also be doing PP+, I am kind of addicted to photographs... I honestly can't imagine leaving my camera home.

11. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

I'll have my Cannon PS with me. It take decent pictures and fits in my little bag. With the extended family I know we will have a ton of pictures to go through. I normally take a lot of pictures but take a lot less when I am with my mom and sister as they always have their cameras out and I tend to defer to them. LOL.

12. disney mom of 6

disney mom of 6 Mouseketeer

:wave2:

We still have 55.

:cool1:

I'll have my canon power shot, cell phone and use photo pass. I love lots of pictures. I make a photo book after vacation its sort of my souveiner.

13. LifeIsDis

LifeIsDis "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

For cameras...

I have a Nikon Coolpix L810. I love it and it's not a pain to carry around the parks. And plus I have rechargable batteries and those last 8 hours.
    I also use my iTouch to take pictures to post to Instagram, with the wifi at the parks now.

14. Eeyores#1Fan

Eeyores#1Fan DIS Veteran

OMG your pictures and girls are soooooo adorable! Great job!!!!

HUGS to you and DD!!! As mom of a 1.4oz micropreemie I can sympathize. Praying that she continues to gain weight and maintain on her own. Give baby Caroline a small hug for me too :)

15. Eeyores#1Fan

Eeyores#1Fan DIS Veteran

Happy Tuesday Everyone! Things have been so crazy the last 4 days however over the weekend I did get in some Disney magic. Booked excursions for our group for our Dec. 13th cruise. :cool1: Now back to Nov. planning. :)

16. ireneryan

ireneryan DIS Veteran

Mickey Mail came today!!!!:cheer2: So super excited!!! 34 days out!!! Now I just have to sit and wait.:upsidedow

17. disneychic2

disneychic2 DIS Veteran

Beautiful young ladies! Thanks for sharing. Brings back memories!:goodvibes

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow: Here are your rainbows for paying off your trip!

Yeh, some of them can be fairly bloody. The thing is, if a harness is right for your particular child, what difference does it make to someone who never needed to use one. I personally never needed one and never thought too much about it. But I'm all for keeping kids safe, and grateful there are helpful devises to do just that! Glad you came here to lick your wounds!:goodvibes

Wow! This has changed considerable since I worked at AAA! Glad you jumped in to give the proper info!:thumbsup2

You've been missed! So has Smileybug!:flower3:

We have a great DSLR, but the past 2 trips have opted to leave it at home and instead bring our smaller digital camera (which isn't all that small, really). We also have a pocket video camera that is water proof up to 10 feet that we get shots on Kali and is good for the pool, the water parks or when it's raining. It takes great videos and you can get stills from it. It's a Cannon Sport I think.

You can always stand in front of one of the trees at the Christmas Shop in DTD or stand outside that adorable Christmas shop near Liberty Square. Love the idea of a Disney Christmas Card!:santa:

18. squirrel4569

squirrel4569 DIS Veteran

We typically do DD2 and family Christmas pictures at the same time. I'm hoping this year to get some good shots with the PP folks with the lights and such at the parks to use this year instead.

I'm 90% sure that we'll bring the DSLR, camcorder and our phones but may leave the larger ones at the hotel unless we're seeing something specific. Long zoom lens and burst feature might be great for the safari ride at AK and the camcorder will be awesome for fireworks.

19. Tulles

Tulles Mouseketeer

I'm a picture freak and it being the kid's first trip, I'll be taking our small digital camera, digital video camera, 2 cell phones that take pictures and a tablet with photo and video capabilities. Oh we have photo pass + as well. Too much? :rotfl:

20. luvallprincesses

luvallprincesses DIS Veteran

Now I feel silly. My mom is my travel agent who boomed our trip. Duh. I got so wrapped up in everyone getting their Mickey Mail lately and wondering how to intercept mine that I forgot my mom gets them and I get them from her. Problem solved. Really, I guess there never was one!

21. CristinaML

CristinaML Mouseketeer

I got MICKEY MAIL!!! :rotfl: I must adith after so many peoploe mentioned it I thought it would be . . . . more, bigger, something. But I'm still thrilled to have it in my hands!princess: