November 2012 Trip planners #4~almost Disney time! Everyone welcome!

47 Days to Go!!! I'm starting to feel like the days are dragging! I'm looking forward to the morning of and just getting into the car - knowing I'm on my way. Can't get here fast enough!!!

Six weeks to go tomorrow! :cheer2:

The wife and I got a catalog from Oriental Trading last night and found some cute things to get for the girls but instead of ordering them online we're going to hit up Party City. Similar prices and don't have to pay shipping. They've got some face jewels, lanyards, bracelets and various other cheap trinket deals to keep the kids occupied for far less than what we would spend on stuff at the parks. Tuesday night we'll be making the run to Party City while the kids are with a sitter to hunt and gather. :thumbsup2

Just happy that its' getting closer. I think the next few weeks should fly by.

I thought I had posted our trip on this thread but don't see me listed. We will be there beginning on November 15th - 25th at Pop Century and then Cruising the Dream from 25-29th! MVMCP on the 16th. Can't wait to read through the whole thread and see who is going to be there! We will be party of 13 with 10 days worth of ADR. So excited I can't hardly take it anymore:yay:

squirrel4569 said:
Six weeks to go tomorrow! :cheer2:

The wife and I got a catalog from Oriental Trading last night and found some cute things to get for the girls but instead of ordering them online we're going to hit up Party City. Similar prices and don't have to pay shipping. They've got some face jewels, lanyards, bracelets and various other cheap trinket deals to keep the kids occupied for far less than what we would spend on stuff at the parks. Tuesday night we'll be making the run to Party City while the kids are with a sitter to hunt and gather. :thumbsup2

Just happy that its' getting closer. I think the next few weeks should fly by.

We are doing the same! We were thinking of doing little goody bags for the ride! I think it would be nice for them to have some new things to keep them occupied on the way down, ESP. since we have a long ride!

We are doing the same! We were thinking of doing little goody bags for the ride! I think it would be nice for them to have some new things to keep them occupied on the way down, ESP. since we have a long ride!

How long is your ride? Ours should clock in around 20 hours.

Oh I'm happy to know we aren't the only ones driving! Well it's about an 18 hr. ride. With two kids now, we are stopping in SC on the way down over night to break it up a little. We bought a dual screen DVD player to keep the little ones happy ... Hope it works! Is this your first time driving with your little ones?

Oh I'm happy to know we aren't the only ones driving! Well it's about an 18 hr. ride. With two kids now, we are stopping in SC on the way down over night to break it up a little. We bought a dual screen DVD player to keep the little ones happy ... Hope it works! Is this your first time driving with your little ones?

DVD players make things a lot easier. Our girls have traveled quite a bit in both car and plane so long trips are nothing new to them. Our last car had the dual DVD players in them and we hated to give it up for our new car. Our solution was to get iPads and mount those to the headrests during road trips. The girls love that even more I think because they each can have their own movie and they don't have to ask us to switch the movie out when it's done. We're doing the trip straight through although we'll likely take our time so we don't arrive too early. We're leaving Texas around 3pm so we could likely hit AoA at around noon. We're planning on having a resort day that day so hanging out at the pools (weather permitting) will be on the agenda. We'd like to be able to check in and drop our stuff at the room before hitting the pool though.

I forgot one other piece of Disney-ish news. We signed up for the Disney Movie Club last night too. We picked up 8 Blu-Ray movies for $20. Can't beat that with a stick!

squirrel4569 said:
DVD players make things a lot easier. Our girls have traveled quite a bit in both car and plane so long trips are nothing new to them. Our last car had the dual DVD players in them and we hated to give it up for our new car. Our solution was to get iPads and mount those to the headrests during road trips. The girls love that even more I think because they each can have their own movie and they don't have to ask us to switch the movie out when it's done. We're doing the trip straight through although we'll likely take our time so we don't arrive too early. We're leaving Texas around 3pm so we could likely hit AoA at around noon. We're planning on having a resort day that day so hanging out at the pools (weather permitting) will be on the agenda. We'd like to be able to check in and drop our stuff at the room before hitting the pool though.

I forgot one other piece of Disney-ish news. We signed up for the Disney Movie Club last night too. We picked up 8 Blu-Ray movies for $20. Can't beat that with a stick!

That sounds great! I'm sure they will be entertained and enjoy the ride even more! Sounds like a nice relaxing first day! I can't wait to be in the car! I just want to know I'm on the way!!!!!

I'm very excited. I rebooked my rental car today because I was able to get a 10 day rental over Thanksgiving for a minivan with unlimited miles for under $350 (including taxes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter