No more grape pizza!

Quick question (sorry if out of topic but this thread got my appetite up for the grape pizza and our Palo reservation is for dinner) - are the pizzas only served at brunch?

Had brunch Thursday on the Dream. Sept 1 = new menu. No grape pizza and our server wasn't happy about it - he felt it was too popular to take off. My sister did have a new dish - a ravioli with (I think) asparagus. She liked it but there are 5 large ravioli and it was filling. Sorry I didn't think to take s photo! We were able to go up to the buffet ourselves. My mom did have someone help her when she went up a second time.

We got off the Wonder August 22, on the last Alaska cruise of the year. We had brunch the previous sea day at Palo. They were testing out the new menu, and since we had previously been there for dinner earlier in the cruise, the server knew I wanted the famous pizza. She special ordered it for me and told me it would be the last one made :smooth:

From what I remember, some of the menu items were different sizes, (i.e. some appetizers now becoming main dishes and vice versa), and there was a mix of breakfast and lunch options. I did enjoy the new amaretto soufflé, better than the original chocolate!

What does the upside-down yellow triangle by some things on the menu mean?

I think it's just a down arrow to show that Underneath the soup category are the soups, and underneath the pizza category are the pizzas. It does look like it should be more meaningful though.

I think it's just a down arrow to show that Underneath the soup category are the soups, and underneath the pizza category are the pizzas. It does look like it should be more meaningful though.

Or defined since it's not on all of them. LOL.

It looks like a bullet/section header. I'd probably have put one above entrees too.

Yeah...the fact that it's not on all of them is why I'm confused.

Or defined since it's not on all of them. LOL.

The menu designer just likes yellow arrows?

The inverted golden triangle is from the Palo logo.

PB100091.jpg

Maybe it means appetizer, signature dish, popular dish, chef's recommendation, available as GF?

I am clearly in the minority here, but the thought of grapes on pizza is an abomination to me. But I appreciate all of the updates to the other changes at Palo.

When we ate at Palo last week, our server indicated to us, that the grape pizza, and strawberry soup were not popular items for brunch. Looking forward to brunch tomorrow on our last "Panama Canal" cruise day....Jonathan

When we ate at Palo last week, our server indicated to us, that the grape pizza, and strawberry soup were not popular items for brunch. Looking forward to brunch tomorrow on our last "Panama Canal" cruise day....Jonathan

When I was at Palo on the Dream early last month, my server told me it was one of the most popular choices.

So they took off one of the most popular items on the brunch menu?????

Well, realistically, there are threads about people being bored with the menus and wanting a change and threads about people who are not happy that a favorite item has been removed. Not sure how any provider can fully accommodate both of those opposing perspectives. I liked the grape and Gorgonzola pizza but am not going to spend any time mourning its departure. Strawberry soup just sounds awful to me so I've never even considered ordering it.

I am clearly in the minority here, but the thought of grapes on pizza is an abomination to me. But I appreciate all of the updates to the other changes at Palo.

I am with you. But then again I only like grapes in one form - wine. Any other way makes me gag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter