No more grape pizza!

I hope you included the comment on your comment card that you were glad you could get it. Input like that makes DCL aware when they change things what things shouldn't be changed.

I sure did! I took some advice of yours, from a different thread, that suggested bringing additional paper for a more in depth review. So glad I did!

I did not that Triton's still had strawberry soup on the lunch menu one day but I don't think they are identical...I'm sure someone will let me know if they are - but I noted some subtle differences.

This is good to know. The Palo brunch strawberry soup was definitely better than the one from Triton's, but not by leaps and bounds or anything. I'm happy to still have my smoothie in a bowl, haha (the coconut cream soup is my favorite).

The option showing there is still offered in the MDR, I believe on the Captains Gala menu. My son had that one night.

The new item is a chocolate hazelnut lava cake at Palo brunch. I had it this past Thursday. This is what is offered there.
14192174_10210765148308923_5243344031882250793_n.jpg

It had a hazelnut filling. At first out server said almond but then the next time she mentioned it she said hazelnut, and I believe that is what it was.

Oh wow. This looks really delicious... Honestly I like sweet things better than savory things, so I suppose this is an okay trade off for the grape/gorgonzola pizza. I wanted to like the peach almond souffle but I ended up hating it, the almond flavor was far too overpowering for me, so I won't miss that.

DCL - are you reading - bring back the grape/gorganzola pizza and don't even think about taking our chicken parm!!!!

These are the main 2 reasons we go to Palo.....

DCL - are you reading - bring back the grape/gorganzola pizza and don't even think about taking our chicken parm!!!!

These are the main 2 reasons we go to Palo.....
Well, nothing has been said about the chicken Parmesan being removed (only speculation as to what the effect would be if it was).

Contacting DCL directly would probably be more effective than posting here about changes.

Just wanted to add, on the 8/8 Alaska sailing they still had the grape pizza. We had Palo Brunch on our last sea day so that would have been 8/14. We got another one to split but it was there and no mention of anything changing. We were advised of the "new" chocolate molten cake" but didn't get it as we were just stuffed with the usual buffet food however as mentioned, it appears the same that is offered in the MDR and it is heavenly and I rarely eat desserts :)

Heather

That bums me out, because we also were on the 8/8 sailing and were told it was unavailable. We did brunch on Endicott arm day.

Here's the response I got from DCL when I expressed my unhappiness at the disappearance of the pizza:
Thank you for your email, as well as your kind patience with us.

I was sorry to read your upset with the removal of the grape and gorgonzola pizza from the Palo Brunch menu. We truly endeavor to complement our guests’ cruise vacations with equally special dining experiences, and we take pride in our restaurants. Our restaurant menus are periodically reviewed and revised. Your comments will certainly be passed on to the appropriate food and beverage leadership for feedback.

However, there are many menu options available upon request. When you are next sailing with us, you are more than welcome to ask your servers about non listed menu items. Our teams of highly trained chefs we have onboard are very accommodating to special dining requests such as this.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to the chance to welcome you and your family aboard one our ships again soon

Best Regards,

Abi Love
Executive Guest Correspondent
Disney Cruise Line

So it does answer another question - whether they mind accommodating off-menu requests.

So it does answer another question - whether they mind accommodating off-menu requests.

My guess would be that your mileage may vary. It is going to come down to both the server and the chef, as well as what ingredients are available. Strawberry soup seems like it could only be accommodated if they happen to have made a batch. You don't just whip up something like that by the bowl. The pizza would be a bit easier, but things like the port reduction may not be available. Last year our server brought out a very nice balsamic reduction by request, and something like that might be a tasty substitute for the port.

My guess would be that your mileage may vary. It is going to come down to both the server and the chef, as well as what ingredients are available. Strawberry soup seems like it could only be accommodated if they happen to have made a batch. You don't just whip up something like that by the bowl. The pizza would be a bit easier, but things like the port reduction may not be available. Last year our server brought out a very nice balsamic reduction by request, and something like that might be a tasty substitute for the port.
But, maybe I could give Palo a head's up that I'm going to want to order the grape and gorgonzola pizza before my actual dining time? :teeth:

But, maybe I could give Palo a head's up that I'm going to want to order the grape and gorgonzola pizza before my actual dining time? :teeth:

It doesn't hurt to try! That port reduction seems to me to be the biggest impediment, since the other ingredients are pretty basic. And you can't just whip that together on a moment's notice!

Here's the response I got from DCL when I expressed my unhappiness at the disappearance of the pizza:
Thank you for your email, as well as your kind patience with us.

I was sorry to read your upset with the removal of the grape and gorgonzola pizza from the Palo Brunch menu. We truly endeavor to complement our guests’ cruise vacations with equally special dining experiences, and we take pride in our restaurants. Our restaurant menus are periodically reviewed and revised. Your comments will certainly be passed on to the appropriate food and beverage leadership for feedback.

However, there are many menu options available upon request. When you are next sailing with us, you are more than welcome to ask your servers about non listed menu items. Our teams of highly trained chefs we have onboard are very accommodating to special dining requests such as this.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We look forward to the chance to welcome you and your family aboard one our ships again soon

Best Regards,

Abi Love
Executive Guest Correspondent
Disney Cruise Line

I emailed both the concierge team and the normal DCL email.

The normal email team said they were going to do some more research and find out if that's a permanent change / fleet wide. Have not heard the results yet.

The shorside concierge team said something similar to your email. That they had noted that that was our favorite Palo dish and hopefully would be able to make even if it were not on the menu.

I am so bothered by the basic grammar error from their "executive guest correspondent." Is that the best Disney has to offer?
Yeah, I caught that, also. Probably just typed it up and, of course, spell check wouldn't catch it because it is a real word. I'll have to admit that sometimes I do the same error. That's why I try to read through my posts before I actually hit "post reply".

That bums me out, because we also were on the 8/8 sailing and were told it was unavailable. We did brunch on Endicott arm day.
I'm so sorry to hear that and so weird! I took several pictures of the buffet on my iPhone and it's so ironic I skipped the beginning where the pizza was but got the other end where the chicken parm was. Our server had shared the Wonder was the only one to have the cheese selection they did and I agree, I don't remember it from the other ships so that was cool. He usually works on the Fantasy so I know he's done Palo on more than one ship.

Heather

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your patience while we researched your request.

I would be happy to assist you.The grape pizza at Palo can be made upon request. Just ask your server
when dining at Palo.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Have a Wonderful Day.

Wilma
Email Guest Services
Disney Cruise Line

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your patience while we researched your request.

I would be happy to assist you.The grape pizza at Palo can be made upon request. Just ask your server
when dining at Palo.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Have a Wonderful Day.

Wilma
Email Guest Services
Disney Cruise Line

........but but but I did! Was told no dice......

Got off the Magic last week and the grape and gorgonzola pizza is still offered and on display - and no printed menus at brunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter