No more grape pizza!

GooniesAndy

Mouseketeer
Friends just got off the Wonder today and the grape pizza at Palo is gone! They've gone to menus for brunch (plus the buffet), and changed things up. I'm so sad. :(

Friends just got off the Wonder today and the grape pizza at Palo is gone! They've gone to menus for brunch (plus the buffet), and changed things up. I'm so sad. :(
Really.....

They've always had a "menu" of sorts. The buffet and then items that you order. Not actually printed on a menu, but displays of what's available and you order from that.

Is it possible they just didn't have the grape pizza ingredients? Isn't this her last or next to last cruise before dry dock?

No, they got rid of the display and it is a printed menu. The pizza has been removed. The server insisted that it is better this way.

I just emailed shorside concierge about this to see if they have any insights. We booked two palo brunches for our upcoming cruise. The grape and blue cheese pizza is the highlight of brunch for us.

I just emailed shorside concierge about this to see if they have any insights. We booked two palo brunches for our upcoming cruise. The grape and blue cheese pizza is the highlight of brunch for us.

Absolutely! The classic Grape focaccia pizza, with red grapes and Italian blue cheese, with Disney's touch of Port Wine, is an Italian delight. We will miss that, having been introduced to it at Palo a few years ago.

This makes me super sad. I know my boyfriend was really looking forward to the pizza at Palo brunch, as was I. :sad1:

I had it for the first time on the Wonder last August as DD turned 18 and we finally got to dine at Palo. Hope they will still have it on the Fantasy when we cruise next August.

Pixie dust please!

It's one of my favorite things at Palo, so I was so sad when they told me! They still have the other pizzas listed, so it seems random to remove that one. They didn't take a picture of the menu, but said new items were added.

Had it on the Dream on Thursday and I was chatting with the server about making it at home with cotton candy grapes, which he thought would go well with the gorgonzola. That pizza and the berries with champagne jelly are my favorite Palo brunch items...

It's one of my favorite things at Palo, so I was so sad when they told me! They still have the other pizzas listed, so it seems random to remove that one. They didn't take a picture of the menu, but said new items were added.

Had it on the Dream on Thursday and I was chatting with the server about making it at home with cotton candy grapes, which he thought would go well with the gorgonzola. That pizza and the berries with champagne jelly are my favorite Palo brunch items...

It's important to let DCL know how we feel about the change. Sometimes, changes can be reversed. Not always, but sometimes.

Is it possible they just didn't have the grape pizza ingredients? Isn't this her last or next to last cruise before dry dock?

That was one thought I had.

Have they normally had it in Alaska? I'm wondering if the suppliers in Vancouver and/or Alaska can't provide the necessary ingredients at least to Disney's standard this year. The "printed menu" might have been their way of dealing with different/limited supplies. Just a thought.

Have they normally had it in Alaska? I'm wondering if the suppliers in Vancouver and/or Alaska can't provide the necessary ingredients at least to Disney's standard this year. The "printed menu" might have been their way of dealing with different/limited supplies. Just a thought.
Who knows?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter