No more grape pizza!

We had the grape pizza on our Alaskan cruise aboard the Wonder earlier this summer. We didn't have any printed menus, though, so maybe they got rid of it in connection with the new printed menus.

We had the grape pizza on our Alaskan cruise aboard the Wonder earlier this summer. We didn't have any printed menus, though, so maybe they got rid of it in connection with the new printed menus.

Possible. Or possibly they had a change in their suppliers or available supplies and temporarily went to the printed menus? It seems weird that those on other ships are reporting they have just had it.

Have they normally had it in Alaska? I'm wondering if the suppliers in Vancouver and/or Alaska can't provide the necessary ingredients at least to Disney's standard this year. The "printed menu" might have been their way of dealing with different/limited supplies. Just a thought.

We had it on the Wonder in June for our Alaska trip. And they had the display too. My guess is it has to do with the dry dock coming up.

Glad I chose not to do Palo brunch on my upcoming Dream cruise. I would be seriously miffed if the grape & Gorgonzola/blue cheese pizza wasn't available. It's my primary reason for bothering to change out of shorts during the day.

We had brunch yesterday on the Wonder, and our server handed us a new menu, and said the actual dishes would no longer be shown near the buffet. As the original poster mentioned, grape and ??? Pizza is gone. (Never really liked that one anyway), along with the strawberry soup. New lasagna dish was great (had it on the Fantasy). New sirloin steak with potatoes and green beans was very good.....jonathan

All the reports seem to be about the Wonder. Has someone on another ship seen printed menus for Palo brunch yet?
And again makes me wonder (hardy har) about the relationship with dry dock. If this is going fleet wife, then this could be a trial run.

I guess we will know soon enough.

According to our server yesterday, none of the other ships have started this....yet. She said all would be having a printed menu. Not sure if the menu will be the exact same on all ships, but I will ask later today, and post their reply when I'm in Puerto Vallarta tomorrow.....jonathan

While a different ship, it was offered on the Fantasy Thursday and our server noted it was "very popular". I'm not a fan of it but for those of you who enjoy this I hope they keep it.

I think it does make sense to offer only a menu instead of making a sample of all those dishes. Although it was nice to see what they looked like, that was quite a bit of food waste.

Never ordered any pizza, so I'm not too concerned about that. But, if they ever take the chicken Parmesan off the menu...

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with a printed menu vs sample plates - just don't mess with the menu. And I agree if they take the chicken parmesan off there may be an uprising. Maybe not so many of us like the grape and gorgonzola pizza, but the chicken parmesan......I have a feeling there's a large following.
brunch wonder 2011 chicken parm 1500.jpg

My husband and I got a half & half - grape/gorgonzola & spicy sausage pizza last time we had brunch. I just couldn't do a whole pizza myself (well, there's soooooo much other stuff....)
brunch fantasy 2014 sausage & grape pizza 21034 P1030336 1500.jpg

There do seem to be many fans of the chicken parmesan including my family. I find the grape and gorgonzola pizza tasty but it is just too rich for my taste. Hope it remains for those of you who love it. Perhaps there was an issue with the grapes available. Aren't there e coli warnings for them from time to time? Love the idea of a menu. Personally I wouldn't mind if the entire brunch became menu based rather than a buffet. :duck:

Big Jon, can't wait to hear what you learn tomorrow. Thanks for the live report and enjoy your cruise. :boat:

Personally I wouldn't mind if the entire brunch became menu based rather than a buffet.
But, then it would be the same as Remy, right? I like the buffet part. Also like the part where we order stuff.

By ordering, you are sort of at the mercy of "how much" the chef wants to put on your plate. Using a buffet, I can just get one slice of prosciutto, or 2 or 3 sweet rolls, or a couple of chocolate covered strawberries, my choice.

Last edited:
Just off the last Alaskan cruise of the summer. Same experience with the printed menu. I told our server, Hiristo, that I was looking forward to the grape pizza because of the wonderful things I heard on these boards about it. He said he would check with the chef if they could make me one, if they had the ingredients, but no promises. The chef did! I was so grateful and it was awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter