• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

So I've been wondering lately about people who come here for news and rumors and get really frustrated with the conversation side of the thread (which I actually enjoy, though topics can get beaten to death with a stick sometimes). Maybe we can add a NEWS or RUMOR to the beginning of a post so people can easily scan through the posts and get a readers digest version. It just seems every week we have a new 'can we get back to the updates please' post. Compromise?

I'm not sure about the "There's always new things there" argument. We went in Summer of 2012. At the time, Carsland had just opened. We are going back next week. There's not much new in 4 years:

Two shows (Mickey and the Magical Map and the Frozen Sing-Along garbage)
Star Wars Launch Bay and Superhero HQ (yawn)
New nighttime parade and fireworks. (cool)
And they are just starting to work on Star Wars land - which is project to open 2018/2019.
Also Soarin 2.0 and new Frozen show coming.

In that same period from 2012 - 2019 - WDW will have opened:
NewFantasyland/Storybook Circus (3 rides/Enchanted tales/Be Our guest/ throw in Tangled Pottys)
Skippers Cantina
Festival of Fantasy Parade (If I'm giving DLR credit for a parade, I gotta give it to WDW.)
Frozen Forever / Soarin 2.0 / 3rd theater
Avatarland and Rivers of Light and Night Safari
Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land
Disney Springs re-do

So, I don't think DLR should be getting credits for "lots of updates" when WDW is doing much, much more nowadays.

Well, you could argue that Disneyland was still getting new stuff during the 10 year drought that was the 2000's. Granted, they needed to fix DCA and add more rides asap, but DHS was in a similar condition and it didn't get much. WDW is definitely catching up now, though. They are working on a great number of additions now.

I wouldn't say DL is getting more than WDW. However, I still believe DL is better maintained than WDW. Ride updates and refurbishments seem to be more of a thing at Disneyland.

Just wanted to say thanks to @WebmasterJackie for the shoutout on the disunplugged podcast today! This thread was one of the top trip planning threads for January. I also wanted to thank everyone else who participates in making this thread great!

I haven't listened to the show yet, but that's awesome! This really is one of the best threads on the boards, IMO - at least for what I'm looking for.

Always interesting. Stocks were at $89 today, last summer they were at $120. Imagine if they didn't have star wars to help save them from an even bigger drop.

The parks did well with a 9% increase.

And yet...plenty of rooms available on both the rack and at DVC in wdw - pretty much anytime.

I wonder where they get their numbers from - truly.

Must have cut the quality of the steak again at Le cellier to make more profit...
:banana:

So I've been wondering lately about people who come here for news and rumors and get really frustrated with the conversation side of the thread (which I actually enjoy, though topics can get beaten to death with a stick sometimes). Maybe we can add a NEWS or RUMOR to the beginning of a post so people can easily scan through the posts and get a readers digest version. It just seems every week we have a new 'can we get back to the updates please' post. Compromise?

I think people should lighten up...nobody should "compromise" on that:cool1:

And yet...plenty of rooms available on both the rack and at DVC in wdw - pretty much anytime.

I wonder where they get their numbers from - truly.

Must have cut the quality of the steak again at Le cellier to make more profit...
:banana:

I just ran this friday for 6 nights-- BLT, BCV, BWV, VGF, POLY, all zero availability--AKV, OKW, have a Couple nights consecutive, mostly in one bedrooms, otherwise one night out of 6..
SSR has mostly one night in that span, except for in a one bed. This holds through the rest of february. You think that's plenty? all available days are monday, tuesday, or wednesday.

I just ran this friday for 6 nights-- BLT, BCV, BWV, VGF, POLY, all zero availability--AKV, OKW, have a Couple nights consecutive, mostly in one bedrooms, otherwise one night out of 6..
SSR has mostly one night in that span, except for in a one bed. This holds through the rest of february. You think that's plenty? all available days are monday, tuesday, or wednesday.

Lol...you're looking within DAYS? Not really weeks?

Come on, Dave...that's some Florida nonsense from 2002 youre using there...nobody goes last minute.

And yes...the DVC rooms usually fill up eventually. I was more looking down the road. Advanced bookings are the stats Disney used to gauge longterm interest.

All you have to do is keep scrolling until you see the picture of Ryan and Mickey... then, stop.

If you see the Viking photo, keep going......

Hey Rteetz-- are you related to a Ted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter