• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2016

They wouldn't do it if people didn't love it enough to come.

People love all kinds of things...some still have more value than others. The sky is blue, the oceans are wet.

Real things can't be taken away...meet and greets can be added/subtracted/expanded/reduced in a weeks notice.

My contention is that if you worry about the former...the latter works itself out.

Now that they don't sell much photopass...I wonder how that affects meet and greets? Or are they too important as "innings eaters" in the fast pass system?

It's a bigger problem highlighted for me - Too much concern for m&g over real additions to the parks

Yet there are people that spend there entire trips taking their kids to one M&G after the other. Too many these are as important as the rest. I don't get it myself, but Disney know what appeals - they often are the longest lines in the parks.

These character fans should head out to Anaheim. Characters out there are just looking for guests to cozy up to.

People love all kinds of things...some still have more value than others. The sky is blue, the oceans are wet.

Real things can't be taken away...meet and greets can be added/subtracted/expanded/reduced in a weeks notice.

My contention is that if you worry about the former...the latter works itself out.

Now that they don't sell much photopass...I wonder how that affects meet and greets? Or are they too important as "innings eaters" in the fast pass system?

Most of the special outfit M&G are restricted to character meals - so really it's a money maker for them. Photopass doesn't really apply since they don't typically have photopass photographers at the meals. So I'm not going to fuss them out for having a variety of character outfits because 1) people dig it and 2) it makes money. I don't see it as inhibiting park growth or attraction maintenance.

This is a very specific type of situation though, and it merits discussion.

These character fans should head out to Anaheim. Characters out there are just looking for guests to cozy up to.

That might explain why they continue to build and replace things there when they don't have the immediate threat getting larger buy the day just up the road?

I've only seen a few reviews of this place. Allears liked it, Len Testa also like it, John from big fat panda did not so much.

I liked Morimoto well enough. The food was good - although probably not to the level of his other restaurants (which I haven't been to, so can't really speak to that). Honestly my favorite part was the palm reader going table-to-table doing readings while we waited for dinner. She was really personable and spot-on, and kind of reminded me of Prof. Trelawny from HP. :)

I liked Morimoto well enough. The food was good - although probably not to the level of his other restaurants (which I haven't been to, so can't really speak to that). Honestly my favorite part was the palm reader going table-to-table doing readings while we waited for dinner. She was really personable and spot-on, and kind of reminded me of Prof. Trelawny from HP. :)
We went for lunch...So we didn't get the palm reader. Interesting...

That might explain why they continue to build and replace things there when they don't have the immediate threat getting larger buy the day just up the road?

Anaheim is a very different beast. They need to market largely to local clientele. Far smaller pool of fresh guests. Therefore, lots of updates.

That is not particularly exciting. Most area hotels offer some sort of daily shuttle to the parks. This one actually charges for it. It certainly isn't a perk for being at Flamingo Crossing.

perhaps...but I did some research and I like what marriot has done here. It looks like a good effort for the properties. And the prices are great considering they're less than all stars

Anaheim is a very different beast. They need to market largely to local clientele. Far smaller pool of fresh guests. Therefore, lots of updates.

I'm not sure about the "There's always new things there" argument. We went in Summer of 2012. At the time, Carsland had just opened. We are going back next week. There's not much new in 4 years:

Two shows (Mickey and the Magical Map and the Frozen Sing-Along garbage)
Star Wars Launch Bay and Superhero HQ (yawn)
New nighttime parade and fireworks. (cool)
And they are just starting to work on Star Wars land - which is project to open 2018/2019.
Also Soarin 2.0 and new Frozen show coming.

In that same period from 2012 - 2019 - WDW will have opened:
NewFantasyland/Storybook Circus (3 rides/Enchanted tales/Be Our guest/ throw in Tangled Pottys)
Skippers Cantina
Festival of Fantasy Parade (If I'm giving DLR credit for a parade, I gotta give it to WDW.)
Frozen Forever / Soarin 2.0 / 3rd theater
Avatarland and Rivers of Light and Night Safari
Toy Story Land and Star Wars Land
Disney Springs re-do

So, I don't think DLR should be getting credits for "lots of updates" when WDW is doing much, much more nowadays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter