New TTC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everybody for all of your kind words.:hug: I will keep you all posted as to what is happening... In the meantime, good luck and never get discouraged....GOD has a plan for every one of us. I will keep you ALL in my prayers.

Teresa

Oh my gosh, TandT, I am so sorry. I know there is nothing I can say really other than I will be thinking of you and your family and sending good thoughts and prayers. It is so true- why do bad things happen to good people and vice versa. :sad2:

:hug: Hugs to you guys, and yes, please keep us updated on how your stepdaughter is doing and hopefully on the progress of your adoption too.

Oh Teresa I am so sorry to hear about all of this. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. :hug:

AFM LADIES.... I'm officially OUT. My doctor gave me the devastating news a few weeks ago that my leaky valves and some left side heart failure would make it very risky for me to proceed with concieving a child and carrying it full term. I could most likely die giving birth or shortly after because of the strain it would put on my heart. :sad2: I wish she would of told me this 6 months ago...instead of giving me the green light and letting me spend half my savings on infertility treatments:mad: Oh well....what can i do about it now?? nothing!

So...where are we going to go from here? Back to the adoption option for us. We have been already approved...we registered with an agency a year ago...just in case I couldnt get pregnant. The program is the China Special Needs Program.....we had requested a child with a minor heart defect considering our extensive knowledge in that area. The program is quite fast...problem is coming up with all of the funds for it. But I think if we budget properly we can do it.

BUT...to add insult to injury...... I have 3 step-children who I love dearly....the middle child 14 years old is a 7 year cancer survivor....we found out 2 weeks ago she will be fighting the fight AGAIN. They found a Tumor in her sinus cavity ....the same place the last one was. The outcome looks very grim....since she has maxxed out on her radiation levels and surgery would be a nightmare considering its in her facial tissue. We are simply devastated. The thought of trying to go through this adoption at this time makes my stomach turn... I would not want to take anything away from the serious situation that has come up with my step-daughter. I ahve cried myself to sleep over this the past week . I cannot picture our family without her:sad1:

So...I am asking myself...why?
Why does life have to be so complicated and why do bad things happen to good people???????:confused3

Oh T&T I am so very sorry to hear this. Your step DD is a real trooper and I can tell by her pic that she's a real sweetheart too. :hug: Enjoy every minute you have with her and I'll send love and prayers to her and your family. :hug:

WHY indeed....WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY?????:sad2:

I'll also pray for your upcoming adoption. It really is a beautiful experience and once you see that special little someone, he/she will have your heart forever! :lovestruc

I thought I could bring good news to this thread finally, but no. AF is here.

I'm sorry honey.:hug:

Sheesh we've had our share of bad news lately. I am hoping/praying that it is time for things to turn around. We are all beginning new cycles in our respective journies. The good news is that we still have each other, the bad news is that we still have each other:upsidedow I pray for strength and fortitude for each of us and that we will have something good to celebrate soon! More graduations from this thread are coming. Not as fast as we would like and not necessarly how we would like but they are coming!

:grouphug:

Well, it's been two months...no AF. Course, I went five months last year without one. :laughing: :scared1: My fibroids make me so irregular. I'm going to go have a blood test to see if it really is negative. I have taken three preg tests, all negative. I keep feeling she's coming, but she's stuck. I know when she'll want to come....in early June when I leave for WDW. :headache::sick:

Just once, I'd like to have a normal AF. Just once. I tell you what. If when I go see this dx if i ever can get in to see him/her and we try things to no avail and I cannot concieve; I am getting a hysterectomy. I am soooo tired of AF. I hate her.

Gabbie

I hate seeing all this sad news. It doesn't make it any easier. The tears just keep on flowing. I can't even listen to music anymore.

I'm so sorry KG & Teresa, so so so sorry :sad1::sad1:

AFM LADIES.... I'm officially OUT. My doctor gave me the devastating news a few weeks ago that my leaky valves and some left side heart failure would make it very risky for me to proceed with concieving a child and carrying it full term. I could most likely die giving birth or shortly after because of the strain it would put on my heart. :sad2: I wish she would of told me this 6 months ago...instead of giving me the green light and letting me spend half my savings on infertility treatments:mad: Oh well....what can i do about it now?? nothing!

So...where are we going to go from here? Back to the adoption option for us. We have been already approved...we registered with an agency a year ago...just in case I couldnt get pregnant. The program is the China Special Needs Program.....we had requested a child with a minor heart defect considering our extensive knowledge in that area. The program is quite fast...problem is coming up with all of the funds for it. But I think if we budget properly we can do it.

BUT...to add insult to injury...... I have 3 step-children who I love dearly....the middle child 14 years old is a 7 year cancer survivor....we found out 2 weeks ago she will be fighting the fight AGAIN. They found a Tumor in her sinus cavity ....the same place the last one was. The outcome looks very grim....since she has maxxed out on her radiation levels and surgery would be a nightmare considering its in her facial tissue. We are simply devastated. The thought of trying to go through this adoption at this time makes my stomach turn... I would not want to take anything away from the serious situation that has come up with my step-daughter. I ahve cried myself to sleep over this the past week . I cannot picture our family without her:sad1:

So...I am asking myself...why?
Why does life have to be so complicated and why do bad things happen to good people???????:confused3

TandT - I am so sorry for what your family is facing now. I will pray for your DSD's health and strength for you all.

Well, it's been two months...no AF. Course, I went five months last year without one. :laughing: :scared1: My fibroids make me so irregular. I'm going to go have a blood test to see if it really is negative. I have taken three preg tests, all negative. I keep feeling she's coming, but she's stuck. I know when she'll want to come....in early June when I leave for WDW. :headache::sick:

Just once, I'd like to have a normal AF. Just once. I tell you what. If when I go see this dx if i ever can get in to see him/her and we try things to no avail and I cannot concieve; I am getting a hysterectomy. I am soooo tired of AF. I hate her.

Gabbie

Gabbie -
Do you know what the hold up is you getting into the RE? I was able to get an appointment in under 2 weeks. Of course if you aren't going to the someone at the Tulsa Fertility Center they just might have a bigger backlog....

I hate seeing all this sad news. It doesn't make it any easier. The tears just keep on flowing. I can't even listen to music anymore.

I'm so sorry KG & Teresa, so so so sorry :sad1::sad1:

Give yourself some time honey. . . then go to your dr and start planning next steps. Maybe he/she will have more/better answers for you?

:hug:

Gabbie -
Do you know what the hold up is you getting into the RE? I was able to get an appointment in under 2 weeks. Of course if you aren't going to the someone at the Tulsa Fertility Center they just might have a bigger backlog....

I called earlier and was told that it was going through my insurance, so it'll be sometime between now and never that they ok me to go in. :headache: I don't want to do anything now until after I go to WDW in June anyway. After I get back, then we can work on it.

Gabbie

Good Morning Ladies,

Well my husband and I joined a gym! My new benefits cover gym fees (pretty cool!), so now we can keep the goal of trying to get fit. My husband started out a little too intense and pulled a bunch of muscles in his legs and he told me yesterday that it is a good thing we aren't trying for a baby right now because he can barely move- haha! Men are so silly sometimes. I am starting slow and hoping to work my way up to a good work out.

We are also planning a short trip to Disneyland to use our Give a Day passes :banana:. I can't wait to start planning even though if it is only for a weekend and probably won't be till the fall or winter. I can't wait :woohoo:

Other than that we are just waiting for the chance to try again. I hope everyone tries to keep their spirits up after these BFNs. A BFP has got to come for someone soon- wishing us all the best of luck!

That sounds great! Mike and I went out for a walk last night for about a half hour. I felt really good and slept very well after it. I'm hoping that we can do it again this evening!

How's everyone feeling today? I filled out my paperwork for my drugs so I can send it to my RE Nurse on Friday so she can put our order in for the "goods". CRAZY! I'm excited for it and nervous for the roller coaster ride at the same time!;)

Can't wait for vacation! Can't come fast enough!

Kronks- I have working out since Feb. and it has helped my stress level so much! I have also lost weight and gained strength. Good Luck to you!

On a somber note... My RE called me and wanted to go over the results of the U/S from friday. He said that he is skeptical that the clomid will work. I did start the clomid and will do the 14 day U/S, but he is thinking I am going to have to go to injectables. My DH and I have to figure out how far down this road we are willing to go. With the injectables the chance of twins is something like 30%. I am more concerned with them making me a crazy lady (more like the wicked witch). Apparently the hormone that shows them how close to menopause I am is at the higest side of acceptable (I am 39 and am turning 40 this fall). :sad1: I really wish I would have started this process sooner.

So we will see what the u/s shows next week.

Have a great week ladies!

Hi everyone...I've kinda been lurking lately since we're not planning on TTC'ing until November-ish...but I thought all may be the best to ask.

We're considering going to WDW 9/11...but realize that puts us right in the "due date" range if we were lucky to get preggers first time around (which seeing as how it took over a year for us to get a BFP first time around I'm skeptical). Do you think we should go in 5/11 instead of 9/11??? I've been to WDW pregnant before and I'm ok with it...it does kind of seem like a no-brainer but we're DVC members and I'm worried about using more points (wouldn't have to borrow - but I wonder if I should bank the points instead).

Thanks.

Hi ladies! I just came back to check up on everyone.

Kronk ~ thanks for the congrats!

E ~ I'm SO excited for you to do your IVF cycle!!! :woohoo::woohoo: So glad you have a plan and it sounds absolutely fantastic! :thumbsup2

Teresa ~ I knew about no more TTC for you already (which I'm still SO sorry for) but I had no idea about your SD. I'm so sorry to hear the devastating news. Why does everything sad or upsetting have to happen all at once?? It's so unfair! I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers during this very difficult time! :hug:

Hi to everyone else!! I hope you all are doing well! And I hope next time I come back to check in I see some miracle BFP's!! Praying and thinking of you all often!

Hi everyone...I've kinda been lurking lately since we're not planning on TTC'ing until November-ish...but I thought all may be the best to ask.

We're considering going to WDW 9/11...but realize that puts us right in the "due date" range if we were lucky to get preggers first time around (which seeing as how it took over a year for us to get a BFP first time around I'm skeptical). Do you think we should go in 5/11 instead of 9/11??? I've been to WDW pregnant before and I'm ok with it...it does kind of seem like a no-brainer but we're DVC members and I'm worried about using more points (wouldn't have to borrow - but I wonder if I should bank the points instead).

Thanks.

Katie ~ I would go ahead and make your plans for 9/11 if that's what you want to do. I thought about doing the same thing earlier this year with our cruise next year. It was after I typed it all out here and to another friend that I realized I was crazy to plan around TTC! My advice is to go ahead and plan your trip for which ever time is best for you and your family. There are options and you will have time to change them but personally, and I can say that I did it initially, I don't think I would make plans based on "what if's". Just to difficult! You never know when that Pixie dust and magic is gonna hit anyway right?

I hope this helped and good luck with your journey. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter