• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New rooms at the Contemporary are open!

WDWRC said:
Being one of the top performers at CRO, I know you meant to say that "not everyone knows what they are talking about."

I apologize. You are correct. I can't believe I singled out an entire department for one persons ignorance. Sorry.

I really appreciate all of the info on the CR you have shared with us. I am hoping you can help with my problem. We are planning for Dec 1-8, 2006 at CR but want a standard wing room. We have booked a Wing King room b/c that is all that is available.

I have been calling since 500 days out and have called back every few weeks to try to change the room. Still nothing is showing available. Why are they all booked already? No one I have talked to at CRO seems to know why, they just say they are booked and it might be a convention.

Is there something that I can try to get the room we want? Any insight would be helpful.

We usually stay DVC, but those new rooms are so pretty. Today I booked a MK view tower room for our first three days. The last time we stayed there was 8 years ago. :Pinkbounc

Insider - do you know what the timeline is for completing tower renovations? I thought I had read somewhere a date of Feb 19 for completion but who knows where I got that one. We booked MK view for Feb 13-17 and are hoping for a renovated room. Just wondering how much they might have done by then.

Ok never stayed at Cont and want to next year at the end of Nov/first of December.

Will all the rooms be renovated by then? And what floor do the guest rooms start?

dreamalittledream said:
I really appreciate all of the info on the CR you have shared with us. I am hoping you can help with my problem. We are planning for Dec 1-8, 2006 at CR but want a standard wing room. We have booked a Wing King room b/c that is all that is available.

I have been calling since 500 days out and have called back every few weeks to try to change the room. Still nothing is showing available. Why are they all booked already? No one I have talked to at CRO seems to know why, they just say they are booked and it might be a convention.

Is there something that I can try to get the room we want? Any insight would be helpful.

The Democratic convention has book a huge convention on property in the beginning of December. That is why there are no rooms available.

Current schedule says all rennovations complete by 7/06....not sure if that is cast in stone though.

honeymo78 said:
Insider - do you know what the timeline is for completing tower renovations? I thought I had read somewhere a date of Feb 19 for completion but who knows where I got that one. We booked MK view for Feb 13-17 and are hoping for a renovated room. Just wondering how much they might have done by then.

The complete refurbishment will not be completed until mid to late 2006, but more new rooms will become available every couple of months.

cobbler said:
Ok never stayed at Cont and want to next year at the end of Nov/first of December.

Will all the rooms be renovated by then? And what floor do the guest rooms start?

Most likely all the rooms (except the north) will be completed by then. Bay view rooms start on the 5th floor and MK view start on the 6th.

The_Insider said:
The complete refurbishment will not be completed until mid to late 2006, but more new rooms will become available every couple of months.

I had read tht the tower refurb starts in august and is to be done by some time feb 2006. But it's already end of Oct. and only 1 1/2 floors are done? And you're saying they stopped for now and will start working later in Dec?

Tower will definitely be taking a LOT longer than Feb. 15. :(

I'm confused on the timing too. I thought the regular tower rooms would be done by this June. How likely are we to get a renovated room if we request one?

The renovation has been stalled by the hurricanes. Furniture was being manufactured in areas hurt by hurricanes. The North Wing will be torn down and will be replaced by a 5 story DVC. You can PM me if you have more questions, I will try to answer accurately.

Paisleyjane said:
The renovation has been stalled by the hurricanes. Furniture was being manufactured in areas hurt by hurricanes. The North Wing will be torn down and will be replaced by a 5 story DVC. You can PM me if you have more questions, I will try to answer accurately.

Has the North Wing being replaced by 5 story DVC been announced?

MandaPerry said:
Has the North Wing being replaced by 5 story DVC been announced?

The cm that told me did not tell me it was a secret, or that I shouldn't share that information. I hope that answers your question.

I received disturbing news that my 9 month old reservation would be cancelled because NO rooms are available from 12/7-12/13 due to furniture availablility. The wonderful CSR stated that I have a choice of accepting a downgraded room at the Poly (which I hate) or losing my reservation completely. The rep stated that if I didn’t accept the change, that I would be lucky to have a room anywhere on the property.

I think I am being scammed by WDW to accommodate a convention. Who can find out the truth? Usually when a hotel has issues like furniture, plumbing, overbooking etc…an upgrade is available for the customer “trouble”.

Thank for any info
Mickey B

Insider ,I am booked for a tower room Dec 1-7. I booked this months ago and long before the new view premium. I requested a MK view. Two weeks ago I called CRO to ask about something and the CM commented on my request for a MK view. She said I had no chance for it since I didn't pay for it. I don't understand this as I booked before they charged a premium for a MK view. I then offered to pay the extra $$ only to be told there was none left! Needless to say I am already regretting staying at the CR. My mother is getting up there in years and has always wanted to stay at the CR so we are finally going for it! I know that requests are just that and I only have a 50% chance of getting it and that is fine. What I don't like is someone telling me I have no chance of getting it. So is what the CM tellling me is true about not having any chance for a MK view? I couldn't care less for a rehabbed room! It's the view we want!

I feel your pain- I have two small children that are will be in tears if it isn't the CR (they think MM actually live there). The "Snowballs chance..." approach from WDW is something that is new to me. I am used to being treated with the BEST customer service anywhere at WDW and the CR...then this came up (after they took my payment).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter