New rooms at the Contemporary are open!

:wave: We just booked a 14th floor CL room for next September. Any idea if they will be done by then or if we are at risk for being bumped by the remodel??

Thank you!

disneytraveler said:
Hi Insider!

I am thinking of staying at Cr in September of 06 but confused in the room description of Tower Mk view and Tower Concierge . Concierge list a mk view plus other views . I know tower mk is not concierge level .

I’m not sure what you are asking, but let me try. Starting in 2006 you will be able to book a specific view in the tower. (Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake [Magic Kingdom is more expensive]) The exception to this is the Atrium Club, (12th Floor) for some unknown reason you will not be able to book a specific view on this floor. I have heard they did this because they will already be raising the 12th floor room rate and do not want to increase the rate even more for the MK view. I don’t know, but if this is the case then you can count on them changing it next year (2007). As for the Tower Club (14th Floor) It will stay the same. You have always book according to the view you wanted. (Except the room only, one of the five of them is on the bay side). I hope this helps.

The_Insider said:
The first phase of the south is due back 01/06/2006
The second(last) phase of the south is due back 06/30/2006

If we book a garden wing room for November 2006, any guesses as to if the south wing will be the only one open? Do you think DVC will take over the north garden wing next summer? :confused3 If so, I am wondering how soon in advance to make a reservation since the number of garden wing rooms could be less. Maybe I should get my 2006 calendar out now. It sounds crazy to be worried about it when we haven't even gone on our November 2005 trip yet!

so 14th floor is definitely now going to be called Tower Club and 12th floor will be Atrium Club? I went round with this with the reservation agent. She kept insisting there were no 14th floor rooms available but she did have Tower Club. The rate matches what I was expecing for 14th floor. I had her read me the description of the room and it did say 14th floor but she was also insisting that it would be light concierge because "tower club is always light." I asked about Atrium Club and was told there is no such thing.

I called back twice to make sure I really did have 14th floor. I didn't want to plan for it and then check in and be somewhere else! One agent said she is seeing both called Tower Club but agreed that the price on our room matches the rack for 14th floor and not 12th.

mom22boys said:
If we book a garden wing room for November 2006, any guesses as to if the south wing will be the only one open? Do you think DVC will take over the north garden wing next summer? :confused3 If so, I am wondering how soon in advance to make a reservation since the number of garden wing rooms could be less. Maybe I should get my 2006 calendar out now. It sounds crazy to be worried about it when we haven't even gone on our November 2005 trip yet!

I’m not sure. Right now there is nothing scheduled, that doesn’t mean anything though. They may start this summer on the north. If I were you I would go ahead and book now. If they decide to start, and you are confirmed, there is a good chance they will upgrade you to the tower.

glass slipper girl said:
so 14th floor is definitely now going to be called Tower Club and 12th floor will be Atrium Club? I went round with this with the reservation agent. She kept insisting there were no 14th floor rooms available but she did have Tower Club. The rate matches what I was expecing for 14th floor. I had her read me the description of the room and it did say 14th floor but she was also insisting that it would be light concierge because "tower club is always light." I asked about Atrium Club and was told there is no such thing.

I called back twice to make sure I really did have 14th floor. I didn't want to plan for it and then check in and be somewhere else! One agent said she is seeing both called Tower Club but agreed that the price on our room matches the rack for 14th floor and not 12th.

The reservation center doesn’t know what they are talking about. For the past few months the resort has used the name Tower Club for 14 and Atrium club for 12 (10). If you PM me your info, or if you know your room category (CC=12 [10], CY & CW=14) I can tell you where you are booked.

Thank you! My confirmation says:

Contemporary-Concierge Room-CY

So if I am understanding correctly then it is 14th, which is what we wanted. :) I figured it was since it mentioned 14th in the description I asked her to read to me but she kept insisting it wasn't. One CM I spoke with told me that my room would be on 12th but that we would go up to 14 for the lounge. LOL

glass slipper girl said:
Thank you! My confirmation says:

So if I am understanding correctly then it is 14th, which is what we wanted. :) I figured it was since it mentioned 14th in the description I asked her to read to me but she kept insisting it wasn't. One CM I spoke with told me that my room would be on 12th but that we would go up to 14 for the lounge. LOL

Yay! I’m glade you got what you wanted. When will you be there?

So if you book Tower with Magic Kingdom view will you get an unobstructed view of the MK. Just wondering It is what I am going to book in January 28 -31st.

Thanks
Stacy

Stacy9402 said:
So if you book Tower with Magic Kingdom view will you get an unobstructed view of the MK. Just wondering It is what I am going to book in January 28 -31st.

Thanks
Stacy

Yes. Best view of the MK in the World!

When is the Atrium Club moving back up to the 12th floor and will it be full concierge? Can you tell me about the Atrium Club lounge and what it is like as of now? We are thinking of staying there in Jan. Thanks so much! :flower:

Does anyone have pictures of the new rooms? The only ones I have seen so far are on Deb's site.

princessesrule4 said:
When is the Atrium Club moving back up to the 12th floor and will it be full concierge? Can you tell me about the Atrium Club lounge and what it is like as of now? We are thinking of staying there in Jan. Thanks so much! :flower:

The Atrium Club will not be moving back to 12 until June or July of 2006. As of now the Lounge for 10 is set up in the hall near the elevators with seating for only 18 – 20 Guests. The new lounge will be 50% larger than the 14th floor lounge and will seat approximately 36 Guests, not including the seating on the three balconies it will have. It looks great; I have seen the floor plans and the fabric samples. The current lounge does not have a TV, the new one has two, one for the kids and one for the Adults! Starting in January the Atrium Club will be full concierge, similar to Sugar Loaf at the Grand Floridian. Not sure if they will offer alcohol with the Atrium club yet. They will however have Hot appetizers and desserts.

Insider...have all the rooms in the tower been renovated now? Our arrival date is Jan 6th and I am seriously considering changing my reservation to CR tower if I know for sure that I will get a renovated room :confused3

Thanks for your help!

No only the 10th floor and half of nine are compleated.

10nis said:
Insider...have all the rooms in the tower been renovated now? Our arrival date is Jan 6th and I am seriously considering changing my reservation to CR tower if I know for sure that I will get a renovated room :confused3

Thanks for your help!

jrogers345 said:
When do you think the other half of 9th will be done?

Construction in the tower has stopped until 12/05/05. At that time the other half of nine will close. It is scheduled to reopen on 01/15/06.

The_Insider said:
Construction in the tower has stopped until 12/05/05. At that time the other half of nine will close. It is scheduled to reopen on 01/15/06.

Umm, so there's no chance of getting a renovated room with MK view unless you're booked in Consierge floor. :sad2:

The_Insider said:
The reservation center doesn’t know what they are talking about. For the past few months the resort has used the name Tower Club for 14 and Atrium club for 12 (10). If you PM me your info, or if you know your room category (CC=12 [10], CY & CW=14) I can tell you where you are booked.

Being one of the top performers at CRO, I know you meant to say that "not everyone knows what they are talking about."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter