New rooms at the Contemporary are open!

The_Insider said:
What do you want a pic of? I might be able to get it for you.

The_Insider, any photos that you could share of the newly refurbished rooms would be wonderful. I saw a few photos a month or two back, but would always be interested in seeing more.

The INsider,
Any new news from the CR? My DW2B and I are getting very excited.. Less than 23 days to go!

The_Insider said:
Most likely you will be in the north wing, non-renovated room, unless you get upgraded to the tower. Most of the south will be closed at that time.

What are the chances of actually getting upgraded? We have a garden view wing September 18-23. I am expecting a non-renovated room in the north wing. I never expect upgrades because that just leaves me set up for disappointment. I will be happy with anything I get because I guess I really don't know what I want...o.k. I know what I want and I know I can't afford. I really want a MK view in the tower but that is just a pipedream.

hi insider, could you please help me with a few questions please? after all renovations are completed on the contemporary, will there still be two floors of consierge? one "consierge lite" and one "full consierge? will they still be located on the 12th and 14th floors? besides the higher floor, what will distinguish one from the other as far as amenities? you referred to the "atrium club". which does that name apply to? thanks in advance for any help.

Hey Insider,

We have been coming to CR for the last 5 years during Christmas for 20 days and my Aunt and Uncle have been coming for the past 20+ years for Christmas for 30 days.

We have been requesting specific room numbers on the Tower facing MK with connection doors. Our room requests have been on the 11th floor and I was wondering if that would still be possible with all the renovation?

My Aunt and Uncle will be checking in 12/8 and we are due 12/15.

Any insight would be a great help in our planning.

The_Insider said:
No, the 10th floor will be concierge light. It becomes full club when it moves back to 12. Sorry.

When the CM on the phone told you she was putting your request in 2 places, she was talking about 2 different computer systems. One was on your reservation, and the other was in a system that keeps all your info from previous stays. That is why when you call they ask for your last name and zip code. They are looking up all your info; name, address, phone, family members, email addresses, birthdays, and previous special requests. This way it is easier and less time consuming to book your new reservation.

How far back does this info go? We were there 8 years ago?

The_Insider said:
The first phase of the south is due back 01/06/2006
The second(last) phase of the south is due back 06/30/2006

We are arriving on sunday and have requested a smoking room for dh. I see that all the smoking rooms were in the south wing. Is it closed completely or are they just doing one floor at a time?

Karen in VA

Carlen9 said:
We are arriving on sunday and have requested a smoking room for dh. I see that all the smoking rooms were in the south wing. Is it closed completely or are they just doing one floor at a time?

Karen in VA

I was at the CR South Garden last week... only a portion of the South Garden wing has been closed for rehab. I've included an image (below)- the shaded portion is the current rooms closed off from public access and assignment.

southgardenclosed.gif

All floors that are unshaded are available, and likewise, all that are... aren't.

As a side note, I had taken a fairly long walk around the South Garden wing, and from the exterior, it appeared that not only will the rooms receive the new sliding glass doors, but the upper levels will be receiving balconies as well... a nice plus :D. Couldn't tell for sure, but from what I could see from behind the fence, it appeared to be what they were adding. Great stuff.

anyone know what happened to the insider? he hasn't posted anything since 9/1. thanks in advance

Wow, balconies on the garden wing? That would be great!

The section of the south wing that is unshaded, have those rooms already been renovated, or are they still in the old style?

And I'm wondering, if I book a wing room for May, would I get a renovated room, or is there a chance I could get an unrenovated room in the North Wing?

CaliforniaDreaming said:
Wow, balconies on the garden wing? That would be great!

The section of the south wing that is unshaded, have those rooms already been renovated, or are they still in the old style?

And I'm wondering, if I book a wing room for May, would I get a renovated room, or is there a chance I could get an unrenovated room in the North Wing?

All garden wing rooms are currently in the old "art masters" theme- save the rooms (in the shaded area) that are currently being rehabbed. I don't know very much about the timeline, though I think it may be plausible for them to open up some of the new rooms in the South Garden Wing before May. Best to call the resort direct and see what they'll tell you- though if I were a betting man, I wouldn't place such a high bet on this.

What is the DVC? We're planning 4/06 at CR and I'm looking for advice. Can't afford concierge, but could probably handle the tower if it's really worth it vs garden wing. And which wing is best and why? We stayed at the CR 10 years ago in a garden wing room, but I have no idea what our view was, etc. Thanks. Also, where can I get the best rate for a CR room? Is it worth it to buy AAA for the discount? We will be staying 7 nights. Thanks again.

Dear Insider~ Do you think rooms in the tower will open up anytime soon?? I've been trying for Tower concierge for 12/2 - 12/5 since March. Thanks for the help.

francie said:
anyone know what happened to the insider? he hasn't posted anything since 9/1. thanks in advance

Sorry about that, I’m Back! If I missed any questions please send me a PM and I will answer. Glad to be back hope to hear from everyone soon.

Update on new rooms…..

The 10th floor is amazing. The atrium club relocated there and it has been a huge success. Also half of the ninth floor is now open with new rooms. They are tower (non-concierge rooms)

Also..

For someone relatively new to the boards I receive a lot of PM’s. I will do my best to respond immediately. If I don’t respond right away then I am making sure I have the correct answer for you.

The_Insider said:
Sorry about that, I’m Back! If I missed any questions please send me a PM and I will answer. Glad to be back hope to hear from everyone soon.

Update on new rooms…..

The 10th floor is amazing. The atrium club relocated there and it has been a huge success. Also half of the ninth floor is now open with new rooms. They are tower (non-concierge rooms)

Insider,

Are the rooms (9th) on the MK side or Lagoon?

Dear Insider:

Is it true that the rooms on the Atruim Club floor do not get any resort chanels?

Somoeone posted that a few days ago, and I'm sort of freaking out........ :earseek:

Hi Insider!

I am thinking of staying at Cr in September of 06 but confused in the room description of Tower Mk view and Tower Concierge . Concierge list a mk view plus other views . I know tower mk is not concierge level .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter