New rooms at the Contemporary are open!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by The_Insider, Aug 25, 2005.

1. The_Insider

The_Insider Ask me anything.

Today the Contemporary Resort opened half of the newly remodeled rooms on the 10th floor. These rooms are available for anyone who books in the tower until September 11th. Then the Atrium Club (12th floor concierge lite) will move down to the new rooms.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. CaliforniaDreaming

CaliforniaDreaming #1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Will the club return to the 12th floor when it reopens? Thanks! ;)

4. triplefigs

triplefigs <marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>

What is the status of the South Wing rooms?

5. The_Insider

Yes!! as a full concierge with a lounge!

6. The_Insider

The first phase of the south is due back 01/06/2006
    The second(last) phase of the south is due back 06/30/2006

7. triplefigs

triplefigs <marquee><font color=009933>Triple Chick</marquee>

Thank you!

8. sdlipton

sdlipton DLR Twice A Year - WDW Once A Year

Will ANY new rooms be available to folks NOT booked Concierge if we are booked in early October?

9. The_Insider

The Bay side of the 9th floor is due back 09/13/2005. You could try to get that.

10. sdlipton

sdlipton DLR Twice A Year - WDW Once A Year

and the MK Side?

11. The_Insider

Unfortunately the MK side of the 9th floor will not be ready until after you leave. 10/17/2005

12. Bobbysdog

Bobbysdog Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info, Insider. Can you answer one more self-serving question?!? :cool1: We have 10th floor concierge from 9/26-10/1 (originally booked the twelfth floor, and then got the letter from the CR informing us of the switch). We've requested the MK view (and we know it's not a guarantee), soooooo...what are the chances that we'd get a renovated room on the MK side during our stay?

13. The_Insider

If you are booked for the 10th floor, then your chances of having a renovated room are 100%. As for the magic Kingdom View it is 50/50. Make sure you call DRC to put it as a req on your res.

14. Bobbysdog

Bobbysdog Mouseketeer

Already done, and thanks for the quick response!
    Since you have good inside information, who's gonna win the Super Bowl this year?!? :rotfl2:

15. The_Insider

I don't watch Football, but I have to say the pirate: Bucs! pirate:
    LOL

16. dreamalittledream

dreamalittledream DIS Veteran

Wow, what great info! How about the North Wing? would it be done by 12/06?

17. jcamacam

jcamacam Mouseketeer

Since we initially booked 12th floor concierge last October (2004), and now we're being moved to 10th floor Atrium Club, does that mean we will have full concierge and not "light" like we thought? Woo hoo, that would be great!

Also, I know everyone must request MK view; however, when I spoke to the wonderful CM on the phone when I booked, she said, "hold on a second, I'm putting your request in two different places." Do you know what she meant by that. Any chance we'll get MK view for 12/3-12/10? We've stayed there every year for the past 5 years and never for the MK view - I hope we get it this time!

18. stephandjoe

stephandjoe Mouseketeer

We are staying 10/28 - 11/2 in the wings. I'm afraid to see what we're going to get! Any info on the North Wing since it sounds like S. Wing will not be ready yet?

19. princessesrule4

princessesrule4 <font color=darkorchid>Nope, it's your imagination

When I spoke to someone at the CR last week ,they said that the 10th floor has no lounge because it is just housing the Atrium Club temporarily till the 12th floor is rehabbed. Then when the 12th floor is rehabbed the Atrium Club will move back up there permanently. Is that correct? Is the 12th floor being rehabbed now and when will it be done? Is the 14 th floor going to be refurbished? Also, are there Concierge rooms on the 14th floor and what is there price? Or is it all suites up there? Sorry so many questions! You sound like you truly are an Insider so I thought I'd ask!! Thanks so much!

20. The_Insider

There is no “official Plan” for the north, but I have talked to some people who know. They said the north will be torn down and rebuilt as a 5 or 6 story DVC building. There will be an indoor hallway connecting to the forth floor of the tower. No word on dates yet, but it will be after the tower and south are complete.

21. The_Insider

No, the 10th floor will be concierge light. It becomes full club when it moves back to 12. Sorry.

When the CM on the phone told you she was putting your request in 2 places, she was talking about 2 different computer systems. One was on your reservation, and the other was in a system that keeps all your info from previous stays. That is why when you call they ask for your last name and zip code. They are looking up all your info; name, address, phone, family members, email addresses, birthdays, and previous special requests. This way it is easier and less time consuming to book your new reservation.