New Park???

As others have alluded to, my understanding is that the logic behind building more parks was to encourage visitors to extend their stay as there were more parks to visit and therefore a longer time was needed to see everything. This was true of the first three parks, but on building AK, Disney discovered vacation lengths didn't increase in the same way they had on the opening of DHS and Epcot as the average domestic visitor only had a limited time and/or budget and they were pushing the maximum. Thus the reason for the longest period between new park openings in WDW history.

This is clearly old information, so may have changed. The influx of South American visitors may also alter this, due to their longer stays. I certainly hope we'll see another park, but I think that there is still plenty of work to be done on the existing parks before a fifth is built.

The drawing board plans for a 5th Disney has been in the works for years and will happen, especailly as they are continuing to biuld more and more on site resorts and the present 4 parks are basicly crowded all year now!

They have reports of highly secret plans on the drawing boards..........lots of possible ideas, but like reported here to ecomony has slowly this down.

I would not expect any serious annoucments for a few years.

I do beleive you will never see a all thirll ride park as they don't drive enough attendance, and appeal to a narrow geographic. However your theme out will be a mix to attract family, younger and older and adualts.

AKK

Sorry for going back a little ways, but from my experience if something highly secret is being reported than it's either a complete lie or someone extremely high ranking will be fired.

Not hearing anything on the second of those options I'm highly inclined to think it's the first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your point about Avatarland, why are you talking about it in the past tense? It's still full stream ahead on that project...

Sorry for going back a little ways, but from my experience if something highly secret is being reported than it's either a complete lie or someone extremely high ranking will be fired.

Not hearing anything on the second of those options I'm highly inclined to think it's the first.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On your point about Avatarland, why are you talking about it in the past tense? It's still full stream ahead on that project...

By highly secret I ment they have reported they are working on a 5th park, but are not releasing any details, IE the theme, etc......These reports from Disney have been on and off for 5 or 10 years now. But with the slow economy I am sure they are not rushing anything right now.

Avator has been put on hold aboput 2 or 3 months ago. Cameron and Disney were haveing differences and both agreed to shelve the project for now.

That usually means in Disney terms....its a dead issue..google it up!

AKK

Actually, that is basically incorrect. They are not filling DHS or DAK by a long shot. Those parks need more things to make them full day parks and get them near attendance figures of Epcot never mind MK.

There is no evidence that a new park will bring anybody or at least any significant attendance bumps. They did not come in droves for them before. Again, DAK proved that building a new park wont bring in a significant number of people.

The reality of ths situation is promotions like Year of a Million Dreams brings in as many people to Florida as The World of Villians Park. Again, the overwhelming majority of people who come to Walt Disney World are "casual" guests. They think they should bring their kids once or twice while they are kids and thats it. A 5th park is not going to change that.

I am 42 years old. I would be shocked if there is a 5th theme park in WDW in my lifetime. You said Disney "knows it needs a 5th park." I think its the exact opposite. They know a 5th park is a waste of billions of dollars

As to HS and Ak they are not as full as MK or Epcot, but they still have very high figures, especailly when compared to other company parks.

Anyway to each their own opinions..........as I siad... time will tell.

AKK

Actually, that is basically incorrect. They are not filling DHS or DAK by a long shot. Those parks need more things to make them full day parks and get them near attendance figures of Epcot never mind MK.

There is no evidence that a new park will bring anybody or at least any significant attendance bumps. They did not come in droves for them before. Again, DAK proved that building a new park wont bring in a significant number of people.

The reality of ths situation is promotions like Year of a Million Dreams brings in as many people to Florida as The World of Villians Park. Again, the overwhelming majority of people who come to Walt Disney World are "casual" guests. They think they should bring their kids once or twice while they are kids and thats it. A 5th park is not going to change that.

I am 42 years old. I would be shocked if there is a 5th theme park in WDW in my lifetime. You said Disney "knows it needs a 5th park." I think its the exact opposite. They know a 5th park is a waste of billions of dollars

As to HS and AK they are not as full as MK or Epcot, but they still have very high figures, especailly when compared to other company parks. but I do agree they will likely be adding attractions.

Anyway to each their own opinions..........as I siad... time will tell.

AKK

By highly secret I ment they have reported they are working on a 5th park, but are not releasing any details, IE the theme, etc......These reports from Disney have been on and off for 5 or 10 years now. But with the slow economy I am sure they are not rushing anything right now.

Avator has been put on hold aboput 2 or 3 months ago. Cameron and Disney were haveing differences and both agreed to shelve the project for now.

That usually means in Disney terms....its a dead issue..google it up!

AKK

Again they are ALWAYS working on a new park. It's just not plausible right now and likely not for the WDW complex.

As for Avatarland without solid proof to the contrary (which you have not provided) the land should be considered to be going full steam ahead.

Disney has never reported working on a new park. In fact they have consistently said they are not

Any reports are mere rumors

Again they are ALWAYS working on a new park. It's just not plausible right now and likely not for the WDW complex.

As for Avatarland without solid proof to the contrary (which you have not provided) the land should be considered to be going full steam ahead.

I dont disagree.........a 5 th aprk won't happen for a good number of years yet.

Please google the Avitar project or look on the diz............a number of threads have reported its a dead issue.

AKK

What report from Disney are you talking about?

OH for the love of pete.....these stories have been on WWC and in publice reports over the years. It doesnt mean they are ready to poost a opening date in anytime soon, but they have reported you are working on ideas and plans for the future. Doen't it make sense to have a planing program in the proceess of being developed?

Don't beleive me if your don't want to. I know what I have read and seen, in fact thinking about it a number of years ago it was in the Walt Disney Story and small display talking about the next park, how immaginieers were working on plans for the FUTURE!

AKK

I dont disagree.........a 5 th aprk won't happen for a good number of years yet.

Please google the Avitar project or look on the diz............a number of threads have reported its a dead issue.

AKK

There was reports of talks taking a break to try to comeback and negotiate the terms. There was nothing saying it was cancelled.

I understand you don't want the land and frankly I HATED the movie but it does have a **** load of potential and to me I refuse to judge it without more info on what rides/attractions are going into the land.

There was reports of talks taking a break to try to comeback and negotiate the terms. There was nothing saying it was cancelled.

I understand you don't want the land and frankly I HATED the movie but it does have a **** load of potential and to me I refuse to judge it without more info on what rides/attractions are going into the land.

I don't hate the idea, I just don't think its a good disney fit! Yet I liked the movie.....so we agree to disagree!..:thumbsup2

As to if its dead or not, Disney is known to annouce that a planed area or attraction is on hold for further planing etc.and then you rarely ever hear about them again.

I do remember reading on some non disney site that Cammeron and Disney were having major issues in planning and creative ideas. There was also a comment about Cameron wanting to spend $500 mil and disney wanting to spend $385 mil.

So we will see what happens in the future!

AKK

Maybe your mom was refering to the planned expansion of the planned animal kingdom expansion of the new land based on the Avatar movie with all the fantastical plants and all. They claimed that work was supposed to start 2013 and it would be ready to open sometime in 2015.

Maybe your mom was refering to the planned expansion of the planned animal kingdom expansion of the new land based on the Avatar movie with all the fantastical plants and all. They claimed that work was supposed to start 2013 and it would be ready to open sometime in 2015.

Wasn't Avatarland supposedly 2015-2017...

FLE won't be done until 2014 at the earliest...

OH for the love of pete.....these stories have been on WWC and in publice reports over the years. It doesnt mean they are ready to poost a opening date in anytime soon, but they have reported you are working on ideas and plans for the future. Doen't it make sense to have a planing program in the proceess of being developed?

Don't beleive me if your don't want to. I know what I have read and seen, in fact thinking about it a number of years ago it was in the Walt Disney Story and small display talking about the next park, how immaginieers were working on plans for the FUTURE!

AKK
Tonka's Skipper,

What is WWC?

Please provide links to the "public reports" from Disney stating a 5th park at WDW is in the works.

The Walt Disney Story on Town Square at the Magic Kingdom has been closed since 1992. That was before Disney's Animal Kingdom, which opened in 1998. I doubt they were showing plans for a 5th park before they announced the 4th park.

Walt Disney - One Man's Dream at DHS has had models for Tokyo Disney Sea, but never for a 5th park at WDW.

If there was "small display talking about the next park" somewhere else at WDW, please provide more details. It would be surprising if only you, and nobody else, remembered such a display.

Thank you.

Horace Horsecollar said:
Tonka's Skipper,

What is WWC?

Please provide links to the "public reports" from Disney stating a 5th park at WDW is in the works.

The Walt Disney Story on Town Square at the Magic Kingdom has been closed since 1992. That was before Disney's Animal Kingdom, which opened in 1998. I doubt they were showing plans for a 5th park before they announced the 4th park.

Walt Disney - One Man's Dream at DHS has had models for Tokyo Disney Sea, but never for a 5th park at WDW.

If there was "small display talking about the next park" somewhere else at WDW, please provide more details. It would be surprising if only you, and nobody else, remembered such a display.

Thank you.

I think what the poster is trying to say is that imagineering constantly designs new rides, hotels, etc. so a constant creation of Blue sky concepts and such that focus as jump points. We've seen drawings come out of events like the shareholders meetings and D23 convention etc. I'm sure some blue sky concept plans for parks have occurred over the years (the Night kingdom or whatever that premium concept was named is an example).

OP just wasn't explaining it well.

I think what the poster is trying to say is that imagineering constantly designs new rides, hotels, etc. so a constant creation of Blue sky concepts and such that focus as jump points. We've seen drawings come out of events like the shareholders meetings and D23 convention etc. I'm sure some blue sky concept plans for parks have occurred over the years (the Night kingdom or whatever that premium concept was named is an example).

OP just wasn't explaining it well.

My only inclination is to say that continuous blue sky concepts should be considered common knowledge and therefor implied. The OP sounds like he(or she) knows more than that

Sorry folks, I have been baited and I took the bait..........sorry for the previous posts.

I know what I have seen and read over the years..disney imagineers have been looking at a 5th park for years and years, what that park would be themed at, what would be in it, is of course the planing...which as you can guess would be an ever changing thing. Since we are talking 5..7.10 years away, todays ecomony...........disneys present management....doesnt really matter, the forcasts of the mangement in 5 years(when a firm comentment would be made) and the 8 to 10 years(when the gates may open)........is what matters.

The key to keeping WDW alive and well is reinvestment. the new Fantasyland...the carsland in HS (maybe), the little known work on the next generation transportation within WDW, whatever new land is finnally built in AK, a 5th park..........this is what keeps the Disney magic alive.

If you beleive that there is no possble designs or far reaching plans for a 5th park...please go ahead and beleive that........

If you can think like Walt for a minute and see why the 5th park and all the new ideas are what keep WDW alive and well, then you can understand.

Lastly, remember the less you hear about a project from Disney, the more likely what they are developing will happen!

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter