New Park???

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by MorganR, Oct 17, 2012.

1. MorganR

MorganR Bambi's #1 fan

So I have herd from multiple people and my. Mom that they are going to ba making a NEW park, all with big thrill rides :-O
    Is this true??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 916chipndale

916chipndale You've got a friend in me It all started by a mous

You sure a bus driver didn't tell you this? ;)

4. MorganR

MorganR Bambi's #1 fan

No...I haven't been to disney for a while now..but my mom is disney crazy...and she was the first to tell me :-o so is it true???

5. wdwfreeksince88

wdwfreeksince88 Only An Hour From The House Of Mouse

Years ago there was a rumor. Havent heard anything recently

6. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

Well, they are building a new park, but it's in Shanghai. Maybe your mom heard about it and misunderstood?

7. *NikkiBell*

*NikkiBell* The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible Moderator

As this pertains to a supposed rumor, I'm going to move it over to the official Rumors forum. :)

8. MJMcBride

MJMcBride Barely lost is barely found

I don't think there will ever be a 5th park. There is absolutely no reason for 1.

9. ASteelersMidget

ASteelersMidget DIS Veteran

No. As far as anyone knows there is No 5th park planned right now.

10. yitbos96bb

yitbos96bb DIS Veteran

No. It's not true.

11. KYMickey

KYMickey Adding EARS to Kentucky!

We shouldn't be so mean to her! Just go ahead and give her the details about the new park in Chicago! :lmao:

12. lockedoutlogic

lockedoutlogic DIS Veteran

True!

It's a 100% organic park being grown from magic beans and unicorn seeds!

13. yitbos96bb

yitbos96bb DIS Veteran

You mean DisneyQuest the return? Where Disney is buying the Sears Tower (It will never be called by its new name) and turning it into the biggest indoor theme park in the world????

We aren't supposed to mention that one. Shh......

14. yitbos96bb

yitbos96bb DIS Veteran

Congrats on the baby though Morgan!

15. MorganR

MorganR Bambi's #1 fan

Y'all don't have to be jerks about it! I was simply asking a question regarding what my mother had told me :'-(

16. ASteelersMidget

ASteelersMidget DIS Veteran

Not everyone was a jerk...

17. bom_noite

bom_noite <font color=blue>DVC-Trivia Contest - April, 2006:

I promise not to be a Jerk! In this economy - business are sitting on their cash - it is too speculative to build another park. In fact Disney has said publicly to Wall Street and it's investors - it is going to try and steer clear of huge capital expenditures for a few years.

Despite that - there are new Park projects all over the place. I truly believe the thinking for WDW is to invest in the smaller projects: New Fantasyland, Carsland / Revamp of the Studios, Cameron's Blue People land at AK (Sacrilege - let's hope that is killed!).

These smaller projects would not have the impact of a new park - but - they still drive a large amount of business away from Sea World and Universal and in to Lake Buena Vista. I am GEEKED to go back to the MK this December to walk around the new Fantasyland!

Smaller projects like this still involve a massive investment in the 100's of Millions. But, they also generate instant results in additional attendance. On the other hand, a new park would cost 3 to 5 Billion to build. If my facts are correct: Animal Kingdom cost 1.35 Billion (I believe) to build in '98. I believe and another 300 to 500 Million on Everest. Add inflation - easily 3 to 5 Billion for any new park.

Morgan, in my very humble opinion I don't think Disney wants to throw 3 to 5 Billion out in FLA until they have a better feeling about the economy. The strategy is to build elsewhere and add smaller add-on's at WDW to provide reasons to spend money to come back. I think the big money will be spent on new parks in India / China / etc.

18. Birdman1511

Birdman1511 Don't listen to that guy. He's trying to lead you

Unfortunately, you're gonna see a few jerks here and there on these boards. Its pretty bad that you can't even ask a simple, innocent question without it being thrown back in your face right? These are the ones that think they know EVERYTHING about Disney and get their daily fix by making fun of people who ask questions they already know the answer to..but hey, its like i said, only a few of those are on these boards. the rest of us are humble and friendly:thumbsup2

19. DanBoris

DanBoris DIS Veteran

This rumor has come up many times over the years and there is no truth to it. There were plans to build a thrill park in Orlando (not a Disney project) but I believe that has fallen through.

20. MorganR

MorganR Bambi's #1 fan

I guess "Jerk" wasn't the right word....I ment it as "sertant" people were being a little TOO sarcastic.....

21. MorganR

MorganR Bambi's #1 fan

Thank u! I appritiate u sticking up for me :)