***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

We were also told to be sure before linking anyone because they can not be removed. Anyone know if that's true? I'm sure the "Avengers" could do it but that would be a hassle.

Didn't see anyone answer this yet...

I managed FP+ for 10 people across 3 families and I thought I'd share some of my experience related to your question.
- As mentioned previously, you have to send and accept invitations for those you want to manage. Before doing that for all members of your party, you have to do that for those that have the MDE accounts and are managing their own families, e.g. I sent and received invitations to my dad and brother, who were managing the others in their party, and then I sent invitations for those family members that they were managing.
- One issue we encountered was with me trying to manage my mother, who was on my dad's account. After doing all of the same things I did with my brother's family, who I had no issues with, plus trying some other things, we couldn't get my mom to show up in my family/friends list.
- I called and talked to someone in the MDE technical side and was initially told that there was nothing they could do - it was just a glitch that happened sometimes.
- After thinking on this some more and realizing it could be difficult to manage 9 people's FP+ together and then 1 separately, especially if we wanted to change anything in the park on the fly, I called back and talked to a different technical rep the next day.
- She ended up telling me that this issue was “the bane of her existence.” Ultimately she said that this issue was caused by my dad sending an invitation to my mom with the "Invite to Plan and Share" link that appears next to her name on his family/friends page) but it basically going nowhere because she doesn't have a Disney.com account. ***Word of warning - don't do that. The rep said that the invitation just sits out there, but it also ties up all of their other entitlements, reservations, etc. The site doesn’t tell you this could happen, and apparently it happens quite frequently since the language on the page make it sounds like something you should/could do (like my dad did) and based on the rep's responses to me.
- Ultimately, she was able to fix the issue using the email address my dad used for my mom, deleting the invitation to her, and then linking her to me. She didn't need any reservation numbers or anything, just email addresses used by all parties.

That's a long answer to your question, but the point is that the family/friends lists and invitations can be corrected.

Also, while talking to this same rep as she helped me clean up some of our FP+ items, I casually mentioned that the HS options were disappointing because I couldn't select Toy Story and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. She graciously offered up to add RnRC as an extra FP+ for our party. I hesitated even mentioning that on this board because of the hassle it might cause future reps if everyone called in to ask for the same. However, in the spirit of sharing, it shows that it can be done (I now have 4 FP+ for our HS day), and it pays to be very nice and personable to Disney (really most) phone reps.

Is the FP+ system still 60 days out? The tab is open but states our dates are not available. Should you wait to customize your bands until you make your FP+ reservations? Or does it make a difference? Looked on the thread, but could not find a recent response.

FYI - old NE UT paper tickets linked seamlessly

Is the FP+ system still 60 days out? The tab is open but states our dates are not available. Should you wait to customize your bands until you make your FP+ reservations? Or does it make a difference? Looked on the thread, but could not find a recent response.

Yes, the FP+ window opens at 60 days prior to arrival.

You can start customizing your Magic Bands anytime. No need to wait or coordinate with FP+.

So, myself and my wife are going with my brother and his family and my parents, staying on property at AllStar Sports starting January 22nd. My brother is booking everything because he's getting a discount since he's going down as part of a group for the gymnastics competition that weekend. The trip is a Christmas surprise for the kids and they might want to go to SeaWorld for a day, so they are waiting until after Christmas to purchase our Magic Your Way admission. Do you think we'll have problems booking FP+ less than 30 days before our trip? Should we have the MBs mailed to us or just wait to pick them up at check-in?

Oh, and by the way, I am a control-freak when it comes to vacation planning, so it's killing me not to have control over this!!

Didn't see anyone answer this yet...

I managed FP+ for 10 people across 3 families and I thought I'd share some of my experience related to your question.
- As mentioned previously, you have to send and accept invitations for those you want to manage. Before doing that for all members of your party, you have to do that for those that have the MDE accounts and are managing their own families, e.g. I sent and received invitations to my dad and brother, who were managing the others in their party, and then I sent invitations for those family members that they were managing.
- One issue we encountered was with me trying to manage my mother, who was on my dad's account. After doing all of the same things I did with my brother's family, who I had no issues with, plus trying some other things, we couldn't get my mom to show up in my family/friends list.
- I called and talked to someone in the MDE technical side and was initially told that there was nothing they could do - it was just a glitch that happened sometimes.
- After thinking on this some more and realizing it could be difficult to manage 9 people's FP+ together and then 1 separately, especially if we wanted to change anything in the park on the fly, I called back and talked to a different technical rep the next day.
- She ended up telling me that this issue was “the bane of her existence.” Ultimately she said that this issue was caused by my dad sending an invitation to my mom with the "Invite to Plan and Share" link that appears next to her name on his family/friends page) but it basically going nowhere because she doesn't have a Disney.com account. ***Word of warning - don't do that. The rep said that the invitation just sits out there, but it also ties up all of their other entitlements, reservations, etc. The site doesn’t tell you this could happen, and apparently it happens quite frequently since the language on the page make it sounds like something you should/could do (like my dad did) and based on the rep's responses to me.
- Ultimately, she was able to fix the issue using the email address my dad used for my mom, deleting the invitation to her, and then linking her to me. She didn't need any reservation numbers or anything, just email addresses used by all parties.

That's a long answer to your question, but the point is that the family/friends lists and invitations can be corrected.

Also, while talking to this same rep as she helped me clean up some of our FP+ items, I casually mentioned that the HS options were disappointing because I couldn't select Toy Story and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. She graciously offered up to add RnRC as an extra FP+ for our party. I hesitated even mentioning that on this board because of the hassle it might cause future reps if everyone called in to ask for the same. However, in the spirit of sharing, it shows that it can be done (I now have 4 FP+ for our HS day), and it pays to be very nice and personable to Disney (really most) phone reps.

Question on being able to schedule FP+ for my family. I have an MDE account and in this account I have linked my two DS and my DH. DH does NOT have his own Disney account..... we have 3 AP linked to our account, one for me, DH and my older DS. My younger DS is under 3 and does not need tickets.

Should I be able to manage everyone's FP+ thru my MDE account? or is there something special I have to do?

Also, my younger DS should be able to get on the FP+ rides with us, just like the legacy FP, correct?

Thanks!

So, myself and my wife are going with my brother and his family and my parents, staying on property at AllStar Sports starting January 22nd. My brother is booking everything because he's getting a discount since he's going down as part of a group for the gymnastics competition that weekend. The trip is a Christmas surprise for the kids and they might want to go to SeaWorld for a day, so they are waiting until after Christmas to purchase our Magic Your Way admission. Do you think we'll have problems booking FP+ less than 30 days before our trip? Should we have the MBs mailed to us or just wait to pick them up at check-in?

Oh, and by the way, I am a control-freak when it comes to vacation planning, so it's killing me not to have control over this!!

I don't think you'll have any issues, especially when you're going. I booked FP+ for our party of 10 three weeks out and the only ride that was on standby for any park was Meet Ariel at Her Grotto.

Question on being able to schedule FP+ for my family. I have an MDE account and in this account I have linked my two DS and my DH. DH does NOT have his own Disney account..... we have 3 AP linked to our account, one for me, DH and my older DS. My younger DS is under 3 and does not need tickets.

Should I be able to manage everyone's FP+ thru my MDE account? or is there something special I have to do?

Also, my younger DS should be able to get on the FP+ rides with us, just like the legacy FP, correct?

Thanks!

Yes, you can manage their FP+ through your MDE account, just like I managed them for my DW and two DDs.

Things have been awfully quiet recently regarding FP+ and MyMagic+. Coincidence? I think not.

Question on being able to schedule FP+ for my family. I have an MDE account and in this account I have linked my two DS and my DH. DH does NOT have his own Disney account..... we have 3 AP linked to our account, one for me, DH and my older DS. My younger DS is under 3 and does not need tickets. Should I be able to manage everyone's FP+ thru my MDE account? or is there something special I have to do? Also, my younger DS should be able to get on the FP+ rides with us, just like the legacy FP, correct? Thanks!

He would not need a FP as he does not need tickets. He will get an MB and can scan it just like the rest of you. Just let the CM know he's under 3 (you may not even have to. I'm sure they are used to it!) As long as your party is all listed on MDE in your travel party, you're set!

Got back Sunday from a 6 day trip, first for DD4, longest trip for DH & I. Anyway, I have a couple of "I wonder"s and thought someone here might know. Anyone have any idea how much each band costs? I'm assuming more than a card? Anyone know about environmental impact? I know the bands are reusable, but is that really going to happen? People are getting new ones for each trip right now, right? Can you recycle a band? Just curious.

FYI, there was an app update today for Android that had something to do with FP+ availability...haven't checked it out yet.

I've been trying to change my FP+'s for one of the days of my vacation and now that day shows five experiences and one of them isn't even right. I'm so confused why it's keeping some of my old experiences and letting me add new ones. Maybe I'm picking the wrong way to change times?

How should I be changing times?

There's an option that says:

- Make new FP+ selections or Replace existing selections

or

- Change a FP+ selection for a new selection or time

I'm getting so annoyed by the whole thing. :rotfl2:

I've been trying to change my FP+'s for one of the days of my vacation and now that day shows five experiences and one of them isn't even right. I'm so confused why it's keeping some of my old experiences and letting me add new ones. Maybe I'm picking the wrong way to change times?

I've read there's a specific flaw that may let some users add more than 3 FP+ bookings per day. Perhaps this is that. Sounds like this may be an advantage. :goodvibes

We got back a couple weeks ago from a 6 day trip, staying at Pop with Magic Bands (sorry, I'm a little behind on posting updates). Overall, we had an excellent experience with our bands. Here are a couple quick highlights:

- Charging - we had three adults in our room and we wanted to each have separate charging privileges on our bands. We went to the concierge after checking in (we forgot to ask while we were checking in) and had them add the additional credit cards to our bands. It took a while to get all of the information into the system, but once that was done, we had no issues. We checked on the last night to make sure everything had been properly attributed to each of our portfolios and found that everything was perfect.

- FastPass+ - We had all of our FP+ reservations set up in advance and pretty much stuck to our plan throughout the trip. We were lucky and made our reservations before the tiered FP system went live, so we had all of our favorite attractions covered. If we had been forced to use the tiered system, I think we would have been a little disappointed with our options. Generally we only use a couple of regular fastpasses per day, so being limited to 3 wasn't a big issue. HOWEVER, I see it being an issue next time if the tiered system continues.

- Magic Bands - we used our bands for absolutely everything you can use them for - FP+, room key, charging, photopass. We even linked our MVMCP tickets to our bands (before finding out that we weren't supposed to). When we went to Guest Relations at MK to get our paper tickets, they told us the magic bands would work fine and that we didn't need the paper tickets after all. We literally had NO issues. Not once did we have trouble getting our bands to work with any of these features.

Overall, we were all very pleased with the system. We found it much easier to keep track of the bands rather than the standard room keys. I definitely went into this test both excited and skeptical that the technology would work. I was totally sold on the bands and can't wait to use them again.

My only concerns are about the FP+ system. The only issues I have are with the tiered system, the fact that you can't park hop, and the advance planning piece. We like to keep things pretty flexible, so being locked into FP's so far in advance is a bit of a change for us. The good thing is this is only a configuration issue, not a hardware issue. The rest of the technology is essentially perfect, from my experience.

Sorry...that was a big longer than I planned!

I've read there's a specific flaw that may let some users add more than 3 FP+ bookings per day. Perhaps this is that. Sounds like this may be an advantage. :goodvibes
Except that all the places where that happened for us the "extra" FP+ is during an ADR. My worry is that the system is going to go through at some point and wipe any extras it find away leaving each person with just three and no necessarily eliminating the one we don't need but instead leaving us with two we can use and one we cannot.

I've been trying to change my FP+'s for one of the days of my vacation and now that day shows five experiences and one of them isn't even right. I'm so confused why it's keeping some of my old experiences and letting me add new ones. Maybe I'm picking the wrong way to change times? How should I be changing times? There's an option that says: - Make new FP+ selections or Replace existing selections or - Change a FP+ selection for a new selection or time I'm getting so annoyed by the whole thing. :rotfl2:

If you go to the modify screen, it will show you your 3 real FP+.

So can someone break down what will happen for me this trip? We arrive in Orlando on the 26th and will be staying off property until the 29th. We have vouchers for annual passes we will be exchanging. (These are already linked to My Disney Experience.) So...our APs will be our entrance to the parks correct? And will we be able to use old fastpass these days with our APs? (I read somewhere that Animal Kingdom no longer offers old FP? Truth to this? If so, what's an offsite person to do?) On the 29th we check in to Boardwalk and have FP+ selections from there to the end of our trip. I personally do not want magic bands. Can we get an old fashion key to the room? In this case will our APs still be our park tickets? And are our FP+ selections linked to them? I'm sorry I'm so confused about all of this. Kind of dreading how this will work out.

I made FP+ before the tiering at DHS. Does anyone know what will happen if I change my FP+ at DHS?

For example, on one of our days I have a FP+ for TSMM, RnRC, and F! I want to switch out the F! for TT or ST.
On another day, I have TSMM, ST, and F! and I want to switch the F! for RnRC. Can it be done, or will it hold me to the current tiers?

It's funny because it's showing the afternoon things that I don't want anyways, because we usually relax at the resort at that time of day. ;)

If you go to the modify screen, it will show you your 3 real FP+.

well that makes sense because I have seen screens that show what I do want. :thumbsup2

Wouldn't it be nice if the itinerary screen would show my real FP+'s? ::yes::

I made FP+ before the tiering at DHS. Does anyone know what will happen if I change my FP+ at DHS?

For example, on one of our days I have a FP+ for TSMM, RnRC, and F! I want to switch out the F! for TT or ST.
On another day, I have TSMM, ST, and F! and I want to switch the F! for RnRC. Can it be done, or will it hold me to the current tiers?

Actually, I'm trying to edit the F! experience and it tells me there isn't another experience available at that time. It looks like I would have to restart by "Selecting." So, I think I will just leave it alone. I rather have 2 good FP+s and one that I won't use than having only one good FP+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter