***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Two questions...1) Ariel's Grotto in MK, FP+ only? 2)at AK, has anybody done the meet the disney pals at adventurers outpost with FP+? If so, who was there?

1) FP+ or standby. No legacy FP.

2) cuteduck223 already answered.

How far in advance are you able to start booking fastpass plus with your magic bands ?

Technically, you don't book Fastpass+ with MagicBands.

To book them in advance right now, you need to set up your My Disney Experience (MDX) account, link a valid resort reservation, and link park tickets. Once that is done, and it is 60 days or less from check-in, you can begin booking FP+ experiences.

The MagicBand is not required for this. You will use your MagicBand or other admission media to _use_ the Fastpass+ by scanning it at the touchpoint at the FP+ entrance.

Just came back from a fun weekend at WDW and did a lot of "testing" of things I heard on the boards.

Someone posted that you could get 3 more FP+s after you had used all three of your current ones. I tried this twice and both times (despite me going about it different ways) it would not allow me to make more.

Later, I tried Kenny the Pirate's tip and that also does not work anymore, so it appears they are really beginning to fix the glitches with FP+ at least. The MBs at the Disney Hotels still need work though. We got back to Pop late (around midnight) and our bands weren't letting us into the room so we had to schlep down to the front desk, wait in the (surprisingly long for the hour) line, and then get them fixed after the poor CM spent more than 20 mins tinkering with them trying to fix 'em. In short, they've still got more work to do on them.

Beyond that, "double" and "triple" dipping still works (though I only did it once so can't conclude that for certain) but many, many CMs talking about how the FP machines are seeing their last days. I've heard removal dates as early as early February and as late as late April, so we'll see.

Additionally, as I believe was mentioned on the boards, KTTW cards will be gone at all resorts by the end of January (they were not given at Pop). If you request a KTTW card, your MagicBands will be deactivated and probably taken depending on the CM. Anyways, from my understanding, at that point, the parks should start all allowing day guests to use FP+s in a slow rollout (so not at once) but that could change. That's all.

Also had an interesting idea (note this does not relate to anything WDW is doing but just an idea that popped in my head). What if, at the end of the most popular attractions (for say in the gift shop), Disney offered at FP+ for a re-ride available for purchase. Regardless of if you used FP or standby line to ride, if you paid for say $9 per person (with a max. of just one re-ride per person on each participating attraction), you would be allowed to go back in to the FP queue for one more ride. This might compliment FP+ well because with that system (in theory as there are some glitches) you can only ride an attraction once with FP+. Thoughts? Would you pay the $9? If so, for how many rides? What might be a realistic price for such an offering?

Also had an interesting idea (note this does not relate to anything WDW is doing but just an idea that popped in my head). What if, at the end of the most popular attractions (for say in the gift shop), Disney offered at FP+ for a re-ride available for purchase. Regardless of if you used FP or standby line to ride, if you paid for say $9 per person (with a max. of just one re-ride per person on each participating attraction), you would be allowed to go back in to the FP queue for one more ride. This might compliment FP+ well because with that system (in theory as there are some glitches) you can only ride an attraction once with FP+. Thoughts? Would you pay the $9? If so, for how many rides? What might be a realistic price for such an offering?

After 13 visits in 10 years I would not pay a dime more to ride any ride at WDW:surfweb: even though I love WDW.

I just booked my FP+ on for AK. Every time I entered them it would say the server was busy but then would make the changes. Anyway, when I was done I had 3 FP+ but it one did not have a name on it so I went back and changed it again.

Now I seem to have 4 for that day. :) It shows up both on MDE and on the MDE app on my phone. When I try to change the times however it says I only have 3. Has anyone seen this happen? Thanks

Information overload, so sorry if this has been addressed. .

Should we use our UT tickets to enter parks? If so can we use MB for our FP+'s still, since maybe they need to be activated as we enter??

I'm hoping that's not part of the the Disney machines thought process. Having said I wouldn't pay for a re-ride, as an offsite guest for the first time in ages, I would be willing to pay more to have advance access to fp+ rather than wait for arrival in a park to make selections.

Should we use our UT tickets to enter parks? If so can we use MB for our FP+'s still, since maybe they need to be activated as we enter??

MB don't need to be activated for FP+. Once they are originally activated they remain active as long as there are active tickets on them. You do not need to use the ticket linked to the band to enter the park in order to use the FP+ selections on that band.

I just booked my FP+ on for AK. Every time I entered them it would say the server was busy but then would make the changes. Anyway, when I was done I had 3 FP+ but it one did not have a name on it so I went back and changed it again.

Now I seem to have 4 for that day. :) It shows up both on MDE and on the MDE app on my phone. When I try to change the times however it says I only have 3. Has anyone seen this happen? Thanks

Very common. The modify screen shows you the FP+ that you actually have.

forgive me if this is in the thread somewhere and i missed it. But what happens for premier annual passholders? I've read by the end of january all guests will have the magic bands. Actually it'll be happening in the middle of our upcoming trip. Any ideas on what would happen in that instance? And we will be purchasing our "premier annual passes" at that time. obviously Disneyland wouldnt work with the magica band. Does this mean we'll get a regular "credit card" looking ticket with a sticker on it? Any thoughts?

It should not matter which you use to enter with...they essentially become the same, and are interchangeable.

At some point it is believed that the "ticket" media will become invalidated once linked to a MagicBand, but that hasn't happened yet.

forgive me if this is in the thread somewhere and i missed it. But what happens for premier annual passholders? I've read by the end of january all guests will have the magic bands. Actually it'll be happening in the middle of our upcoming trip. Any ideas on what would happen in that instance? And we will be purchasing our "premier annual passes" at that time. obviously Disneyland wouldnt work with the magica band. Does this mean we'll get a regular "credit card" looking ticket with a sticker on it? Any thoughts?

All _resort_ guests will have MagicBands. If you are a resort guest and a PP holder, the PP would be linked to the band and you can use either the PP or band to enter the parks. You'll still retain the PP for use at DL, and also to show for discounts, parking, etc. at WDW.

If your PP is not RFID already, you may need to go to Guest Relations at one of the parks to get it changed to an RFID-enabled card. I haven't heard much yet about how they are handling PPs...

stephv3 said:

Something similar happened to me. I accidentally booked our first day for three out of four of us. When I tried to correct it, I ended up with two different itineraries. However, when I go to the change screen, it did show the correct selections for the correct number of people.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me. I have 3 bands from my last trip in Oct 2013. I am going again in April 2014, 3 of us again, and the system is allowing me to get 3 more bands. We are going with friends in Sept 2014, a total of 6 of us. Is it possible o order my new bands, then link all 6 to tickets for September for all 6 of us (we are staying off property at a timeshare). I have the 3 friends added to my MDE to manage plans since they are all for me running the show; reservations, fast passes, etc. I wanted to ask before I ordered the next set if 3 bands so I don't overwrite something.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me. I have 3 bands from my last trip in Oct 2013. I am going again in April 2014, 3 of us again, and the system is allowing me to get 3 more bands. We are going with friends in Sept 2014, a total of 6 of us. Is it possible o order my new bands, then link all 6 to tickets for September for all 6 of us (we are staying off property at a timeshare). I have the 3 friends added to my MDE to manage plans since they are all for me running the show; reservations, fast passes, etc. I wanted to ask before I ordered the next set if 3 bands so I don't overwrite something.

As of right now, no, you cannot order MagicBands for people not on your reservation. They will automatically become associated with the people you order them for on the reservation, and be tied to their profile.

Okay, makes sense. But I will basically end up with 6 bands, so would I be able to link all 6 to purchased tickets at a later timeframe without a disney hotel reservation (we are staying at a timeshare in September)? And does putting different names on them matter?

Okay, makes sense. But I will basically end up with 6 bands, so would I be able to link all 6 to purchased tickets at a later timeframe without a disney hotel reservation (we are staying at a timeshare in September)? And does putting different names on them matter?

The names put on them are only for organization. They aren't even directly attached to tickets - they are attached to profiles. And tickets are attached to profiles.

Right now, there is no method for the guest to "transfer" a magicband from one profile to another. They are a feature of resort stays only at this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter