***NEW MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Wow, I'm heading to Disney tomorrow. I have my MBs and have been very excited to use them. This thread is a HUGE surprise, and now I'm so confused. So if you don't mind, I have a couple questions...

I didn't make any pre-FP reservations on my MB. Should I do that NOW? or wait until I get to the parks?

I'm reading that we will no longer get the Key Cards? It's ALL MBs?

Can I walk up and get fast pass with my MB, the same way we did with the keys?

I'm stressing out over what I'm reading. Luckily the crowds seem low for the next 5 days.

What is meant by "tier" for FP? I'm reading that you can only FP 3 rides per day with the MB in advance? Can you still add FP in the park, ontop of these 3? Or 3 FP maxium regardless of how you FP (online or in park)? Is this what is meant by tier??

Thanks so much in advance. I really hope this doesn't take away from my "Magical" day ....

Wow, I'm heading to Disney tomorrow. I have my MBs and have been very excited to use them. This thread is a HUGE surprise, and now I'm so confused. So if you don't mind, I have a couple questions... I didn't make any pre-FP reservations on my MB. Should I do that NOW? or wait until I get to the parks? I'm reading that we will no longer get the Key Cards? It's ALL MBs? Can I walk up and get fast pass with my MB, the same way we did with the keys? I'm stressing out over what I'm reading. Luckily the crowds seem low for the next 5 days. What is meant by "tier" for FP? I'm reading that you can only FP 3 rides per day with the MB in advance? Can you still add FP in the park, ontop of these 3? Or 3 FP maxium regardless of how you FP (online or in park)? Is this what is meant by tier?? Thanks so much in advance. I really hope this doesn't take away from my "Magical" day ....

Based on my research I highly suggest logging into MDE and choosing your FP+ now. I would not wait til you get to the parks. You may still get KTTW cards but I'm not 100% sure. If you do you should be able to get FP at the kiosks that way. I'm fairly certain you cannot use the MB at the traditional FP kiosks. The tiers appear to be groups of FP+ attractions that you can choose from. They limit the number you can choose from each group. This is all what I have concluded from my own research for my trip in June. Try not to stress too much. It's Disney! It will be magical! Wish I was going this time of year!

Wow, I'm heading to Disney tomorrow. I have my MBs and have been very excited to use them. This thread is a HUGE surprise, and now I'm so confused. So if you don't mind, I have a couple questions...

I didn't make any pre-FP reservations on my MB. Should I do that NOW? or wait until I get to the parks?

I'm reading that we will no longer get the Key Cards? It's ALL MBs?

Can I walk up and get fast pass with my MB, the same way we did with the keys?

I'm stressing out over what I'm reading. Luckily the crowds seem low for the next 5 days.

What is meant by "tier" for FP? I'm reading that you can only FP 3 rides per day with the MB in advance? Can you still add FP in the park, ontop of these 3? Or 3 FP maxium regardless of how you FP (online or in park)? Is this what is meant by tier??

Thanks so much in advance. I really hope this doesn't take away from my "Magical" day ....

You need to pick your FP+ now. You should of done it long ago, I'm not really sure how this has taken you by surprise as you aren't a new member and you managed to order your bands and you can't find anything other than FP+ info, complaints, questions on this board. But better you find this now than once you arrive!

If you are at a value resort, you will not have a KTTW card. If you demand one, you will receive a card version of the MB (so no point to have it). If you are staying at another level of resort you will get a KTTW card at check in that will pull FPs from the machines as usual.

MB users do not use the FP machines. You prebook your 3 rides online, n the app or at a kiosk in the park. MB do not have anything to do with the in park FP machines.

3 is it. No more. No less. 2 parks are tiered choices. Go online and look at it. It is very self explanatory. And it is in only 1 park per day.

Does anyone know if linked undercover tourist tickets will still pull FP-? We leave tomorrow and are staying at POP (no KTTW). Do you need to enter the park with your ticket vs band?

Does anyone know if linked undercover tourist tickets will still pull FP-? We leave tomorrow and are staying at POP (no KTTW). Do you need to enter the park with your ticket vs band?
Today 05:24 AM

Not an answer but another question - what are linked UCT tickets? We are staying offsite and have purchased tickets from UCT. Do I need to do anything to them to "link" them or is this just an option for onsite resort guests to obtain the FP+ priviledge? Thanks!

At this time, yes, you can still get FP- with them. If they are linked, it does not matter which you enter the park with. Note that if you still have "paper" UT tickets, there are very few if any turnstiles remaining that use them directly. They will need to be scanned manually, or converted to RFID media at a ticket booth.

Not an answer but another question - what are linked UCT tickets? We are staying offsite and have purchased tickets from UCT. Do I need to do anything to them to "link" them or is this just an option for onsite resort guests to obtain the FP+ priviledge? Thanks!

Right now it is just for on-site guests, so there is no advantage to you.

Linking is the act of entering them into your My Disney Experience profile, which enables them to be used with MagicBands instead and to select FP+.

I have a couple of questions about customizing magic bands... sorry if they have already been answered. I have 97 days left to customize and 30 days after that till out trip (April 12, 2014). I have completed the customization and clicked done, do I have to do anything else or will the bands just get shipped out? Also if they have not been shipped yet, can I still make FP+ reservations at the 60 day mark? Thanks
Bands will ship 30 days before your trip. You can make fastpasses right to the day you leave.

At this time, yes, you can still get FP- with them. If they are linked, it does not matter which you enter the park with. Note that if you still have "paper" UT tickets, there are very few if any turnstiles remaining that use them directly. They will need to be scanned manually, or converted to RFID media at a ticket booth.

So I'm staying one night onsite at a value so getting a magic band.
But the rest of my trip I'm staying off site.
So can I link my 5day UCT ticket with my Magic Band, get FP+ but use the UCT ticket to enter the park the rest of my trip and pull FP-.

The rest of the people I am with won't have a magic band so I won't really need FP+ except for the first day before they arrive. I was just going to not link it, but could as if I could link it but still use the tick UCT sends?

So I'm staying one night onsite at a value so getting a magic band.
But the rest of my trip I'm staying off site.
So can I link my 5day UCT ticket with my Magic Band, get FP+ but use the UCT ticket to enter the park the rest of my trip and pull FP-.

The rest of the people I am with won't have a magic band so I won't really need FP+ except for the first day before they arrive. I was just going to not link it, but could as if I could link it but still use the tick UCT sends?

From your ticker, you're a month away, so this can ALL change, and this is based on my current understanding.

If you link, you should be able to use the magicband for park entry throughout the life of the ticket.

You would only be able to choose FP+ for the 1 day you are on site, and the MagicBand would not have any other function than park entry after you check out.

Thank you so much for your reply! This makes me feel better.

delmar411 said:
You need to pick your FP+ now. You should of done it long ago, I'm not really sure how this has taken you by surprise as you aren't a new member and you managed to order your bands and you can't find anything other than FP+ info, complaints, questions on this board. But better you find this now than once you arrive!

If you are at a value resort, you will not have a KTTW card. If you demand one, you will receive a card version of the MB (so no point to have it). If you are staying at another level of resort you will get a KTTW card at check in that will pull FPs from the machines as usual.

MB users do not use the FP machines. You prebook your 3 rides online, n the app or at a kiosk in the park. MB do not have anything to do with the in park FP machines.

3 is it. No more. No less. 2 parks are tiered choices. Go online and look at it. It is very self explanatory. And it is in only 1 park per day.

Haha. True. Somehow I overlooked the reviews on the MB. I'm staying at the YC. So hopefully I will still get a key, incase we have any issues with the MB. Going to do my FP now. Thanks :)

Hey all!
DH and I are AP Holders have reservations for Dec 23-Jan 6 and I have made FP+ reservations for 13 of the 15 days and now it says we have reached our FP+ limit. Has anyone experienced this? I called IT and they said you can only make so many reservations until you just can't (that's really what she said). I thought it was for the entire stay...am I wrong? Or did I just get a not-so-knowledgable CM?

Thanks!

Hey all!
DH and I are AP Holders have reservations for Dec 23-Jan 6 and I have made FP+ reservations for 13 of the 15 days and now it says we have reached our FP+ limit. Has anyone experienced this? I called IT and they said you can only make so many reservations until you just can't (that's really what she said). I thought it was for the entire stay...am I wrong? Or did I just get a not-so-knowledgable CM?

Thanks!

It sounds like you're hitting a limit based on your use of APs (as opposed to day tickets) and not the length of your on-site reservation. I thought I read that APs would have an upper limit FP+ per certain time period, but I can't remember if that's real or speculation.

It sounds like you're hitting a limit based on your use of APs (as opposed to day tickets) and not the length of your on-site reservation. I thought I read that APs would have an upper limit FP+ per certain time period, but I can't remember if that's real or speculation.

That was a rumor that didn't come to pass.

There does appear to be a 14 day max limit on FP+. Not sure if it applies to non-AP holders, as usually they are limited to the length of the ticket, which in most cases is 10 days, except for some international ticket types - I only know of the 21 day UK ticket that would exceed the 14 days, and not sure if anyone has tried that yet.

Some AP holders seem to have a 7 day limit for some reason.

From your ticker, you're a month away, so this can ALL change, and this is based on my current understanding.

If you link, you should be able to use the magicband for park entry throughout the life of the ticket.

You would only be able to choose FP+ for the 1 day you are on site, and the MagicBand would not have any other function than park entry after you check out.

But Can I use the tickets to get FP- is the question?

Right now I think it's risky because I rather have FP- than FP+ for one day.

We are taking our upcoming trip with friends who are staying at the same resort as we are. If we get added to each other's Friends and Family list, can we make FP+ reservations together?

We are taking our upcoming trip with friends who are staying at the same resort as we are. If we get added to each other's Friends and Family list, can we make FP+ reservations together?

Yes as long as everyone qualifies - resort stay, ticket associated with person, etc.

At least that's the theory. It's been less than smooth for some.

Yes as long as everyone qualifies - resort stay, ticket associated with person, etc.

At least that's the theory. It's been less than smooth for some.

Cool. I already got rid of the double me in MDE, and my friend had to call because there were 28 entries for their party of 4. Hopefully, the linking will go a little more smoothly. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter