New Luggage Tags for On Site Guests

I wish they included these for AP folks who would never book a package since they have an AP. The same thing happens when an AP holder books a room only discount via Disney. You cannot use your Disney Visa 6 months interest free since it isn't a package. I wish they would open this up to AP holders room only reservations or do something else for this case.

Have you tried using your Disney Visa 6 months no interest, last time I talked to a chase rep they said as long as it comes through on the statement as a Walt Disney Travel Company it gets the 6 months no interest. I also never made the charge all at once, the $200 deposit when I book the bounce back was 6 months free. I would pay on my trip monthly so each month I would have disney charge my visa and I'd end up with 6 months to pay that too (although I paid it as soon as it posted)

Granted I book packages that include tickets, but what does it come though on a statement when you book room only because you have an AP?

Have you tried using your Disney Visa 6 months no interest, last time I talked to a chase rep they said as long as it comes through on the statement as a Walt Disney Travel Company it gets the 6 months no interest. I also never made the charge all at once, the $200 deposit when I book the bounce back was 6 months free. I would pay on my trip monthly so each month I would have disney charge my visa and I'd end up with 6 months to pay that too (although I paid it as soon as it posted)

Granted I book packages that include tickets, but what does it come though on a statement when you book room only because you have an AP?
Unfortunately, Chase or Disney have something on those charges that do not allow them to be part of this promotion. I called and emailed about it and they said since it is not a package (which would have to include tickets) it is not eligible.

I wish they included these for AP folks who would never book a package since they have an AP. The same thing happens when an AP holder books a room only discount via Disney. You cannot use your Disney Visa 6 months interest free since it isn't a package. I wish they would open this up to AP holders room only reservations or do something else for this case.

Really? I didn't even think about the 6 month thing and we are room only this trip. I saved something like $40 by not buying package and doing Room only with tickets from elsewhere. So the luggage tags aren't worth $40 to me, and good think I don't need the 6 months to pay the room only. Thanks for saying that cause I might not have noticed. But then again I pay off my bill each month and would have been wondering why the room didn't go in the promotion area of my bill.
I'm not sweating the small stuff. Disney in 52 days.:banana:
That's what matters!!!!
I will survive the wait....I will survive the wait.....I will survive the wait.....

I don't particularly care for these. They are ok I guess. I like the ones with the castle on them.

Really? I didn't even think about the 6 month thing and we are room only this trip. I saved something like $40 by not buying package and doing Room only with tickets from elsewhere. So the luggage tags aren't worth $40 to me, and good think I don't need the 6 months to pay the room only. Thanks for saying that cause I might not have noticed. But then again I pay off my bill each month and would have been wondering why the room didn't go in the promotion area of my bill.
I'm not sweating the small stuff. Disney in 52 days.:banana:
That's what matters!!!!
I will survive the wait....I will survive the wait.....I will survive the wait.....
Yeah it would just be a nice option for folks. Have fun on your trip!

Just received my magic bands for an October 2nd arrival and the luggage tags were inside. On a happy note its great to see the quality return in the tags. Last Year we received some yellow/orange tags that were broken in half by the time they landed. The year before that they "reflective mickey" split in two before the airport. These look hopeful that they will be in great condition to use at least a 2nd time.

Just received my magic bands for an October 2nd arrival and the luggage tags were inside. On a happy note its great to see the quality return in the tags. Last Year we received some yellow/orange tags that were broken in half by the time they landed. The year before that they "reflective mickey" split in two before the airport. These look hopeful that they will be in great condition to use at least a 2nd time.

I received our bands today too but only the bands, not the tags. I guess that is because my TA is receiving my tags and sending to me. We will see what I get when it gets here.

I received our bands today too but only the bands, not the tags. I guess that is because my TA is receiving my tags and sending to me. We will see what I get when it gets here.
Did you lift the box insert out? My tags were underneath the insert.

Got both sets of magic bands today. The room only reservation did not include luggage tags. The package reservation did. I too, had to lift up the magic bands to see the envelope that contained the tags. I saw the clear tag straps first. I'm glad I switched my magic band orders around to help receive the tags we preferred.

Did you lift the box insert out? My tags were underneath the insert.

Ha! Thank you! I totally did not lift the box up! They are there.
So I just said to my DH that's why I love Dis Boards! And he said, you didn't look under the box?!
:) Thanks again!
And he was like "I got Minnie Mouse?!" I told him he can have my Donald!

This is how mine arrived today....

IMG_2511.jpg

Notice the tap that says "Pull up for details", that pulls up the insert, but it also pulls out the informational card too, now lift out the insert and hopefully you see this....

IMG_2512.jpg

inside the envelope are the tags (this is how my envelope arrived, it wasn't till I flipped it around and read the other side that says "Congratulations on your new MagicBand. Thank you for choosing a Walt Disney Travel Company package. Special luggage tags are inside")

IMG_2513.jpg

American Tourister and Disney are releasing new luggage tags that coordinate with your MagicBand! They are so freakin cute! I have a pink one ordered for my trip in October, but now I kinda think I am gonna need the red or grey instead! Details down below:
View attachment 119551
From Main Street Mouse:

http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2...rt-guests-to-receive-new-luggage-tag-designs/

Walt Disney World and American Tourister have teamed up to create all new Disney luggage tags for guests staying at Walt Disney World Resorts. The new luggage tags will arrive in the same box as your customized MagicBand and the tag will correspond with the color of your MagicBand. Meaning there will be seven unique designs of tags for you to collect! If you do not customize your MagicBand, your band and luggage tag will be the default grey. Currently no word has been released on if guests that opt out of MagicBands or DVC guests staying on points will receive these tags or not.

Most guests who booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company directly or through a Travel Agent that books directly through the WDTC will start receiving the new tags with their MagicBand if they are scheduled to arrive at the Walt Disney Resort reservation on 9/29/15 or after. Guests staying at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando and Downtown Disney Area Hotels will continue to receive their luggage tags with their Magic You Way Travel package documents. Delivery methods will vary based on when the reservation was booked and if MagicBands were customize.

Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests will receive their items accordingly:

• Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 10+ days prior to arrival will receive their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at home.
  • Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 6-9 days prior to arrival, and Guests who have not customized their MagicBands will recieve their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at the Resort hotel.
  • Guests who have booked a reservation 1-5 days prior to their arrival, and Guests who have opted out of MagicBands will receive luggage tags at the front desk of their Resort hotel.
Oh man! Originally, I was going to have a green MagicBand for this upcoming trip, but I think I'll need to change to the red for that Minnie luggage tag!
I love the Minnie!! So cute...now I'm glad I chose the red band!!

Just like above, did you lift out the insert that holds your magic bands...mine as well as others were located under the insert
Yes, i knew to look. Not there. My daughter called and she was told they will be at registration desk. Not sure how much good once I am already there.

So it sounds like tags for packages only, huh? Bummer. Oh well.

Yes, i knew to look. Not there. My daughter called and she was told they will be at registration desk. Not sure how much good once I am already there.
That sucks, I saw in the beginning that those that book certain ways or book within a certain time of arrival they would get them upon checking, thought that was silly, but at least you'll have them for your way home :)

LOL American Tourister tag on a Samsonite bag.
American Tourister is owned by Samsonite, which is why I was able to take my AT bag to the Samsonite outlet for repairs.

I am SO excited about these. I'm usually not a huge fan at all of the luggage tags that come with packages, but these are great!

So let me understand this, the luggage tags which were always part of the Mickey Mail (even here in Canada) are now in the Magic Band box. So, since Disney refuses to mail magic bands outside of the U.S. despite having a distribution center here non-Americans have to get the luggage tags at the resort. What brilliant mind at Disney thinks it's a good thing to get luggage tags after you have already travelled. I would have thought you'd want to use the TO travel but I guess I don't think right to work for Disney. The Disney disdain for its international customers continues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter