New Luggage Tags for On Site Guests

Each person gets one luggage tag. They are a hard plastic type material with an insert for your address and name.

The space for the paper insert is approximately business card sized, and I use business cards on ours.

The ones I recieved are one solid piece without a slot for for address information but rather the lines printed directly onto the plastic. I would recommend a sharpie to fill out the back.

ETA I arrive 9/30 and received the old ones.

I hope I'm interpreting correctly - sounds like anyone who is receiving a Magic Band from Disney (including for Room Only stays) will get a tag with their band.

I've already got a blue band from 2 years ago, but darn it, I may go blue again because I want the Donald Duck one (love his expression). The Minnie is cute. Love the Minnie & Mickey one but not enough to opt for gray. I do think they could have done a better job on Goofy - I know they're modeled on the new MM cartoons with the retro-edgy style, but they could have made the Goofy one more appealing while still sticking with that design.

Man missed the start date by a week! Do you think if you go up to the front desk after the roll out and politely ask they will give them to you :flower3::teeth::duck:

I got old luggage tags in my Disney mail, but haven't gotten my magic bands yet. I can't imagine that I will be getting additional luggage tags, but that would be a great surprise. We arrive 9/30.

I just received my Mickey mail for our oct 2nd arrival and was wondering where my luggage tags were, guess this explains it!

Glad to see the addition of a "magical extras" discount card good for 10-20% off at different places like basin

I love this idea. We are arriving Halloween but I'm guessing DVC members on pts will not be getting these. It's a shame because I think the family traveling as our guests would really like them.

I hope I'm interpreting correctly - sounds like anyone who is receiving a Magic Band from Disney (including for Room Only stays) will get a tag with their band.

I've already got a blue band from 2 years ago, but darn it, I may go blue again because I want the Donald Duck one (love his expression). The Minnie is cute. Love the Minnie & Mickey one but not enough to opt for gray. I do think they could have done a better job on Goofy - I know they're modeled on the new MM cartoons with the retro-edgy style, but they could have made the Goofy one more appealing while still sticking with that design.

Usually room only does not get luggage tags as they are only include with those who purchase packages. We've stayed many times as room only and don't get luggage tags for those stays.

I just got the old ones and arriving 9/30
We arrive on 9/29 and a few days ago I got our DME tags, booklet, and the old luggage tags.

These are just the standard luggage tags, right? Not barcoded for DME or anything?
DME are the yellow, barcoded, sticker-type tags.

Not barcoded for DME unless that is new. They send yellow paper tags for DME.
Oops, yep!

The start date is our arrival date. Just got our luggage tags in with our Mickey mail a few days ago. They were the old ones. Our MBs only have a few days left to customize, so they will ship this weekend or Monday. So, I'm betting our bands won't have the new tags in the box with them. Oh well, something to look forward to next trip.
I'm thinking we may be in the same boat, rats! We arrive 9/29 but I got the old tags a few days ago. I did get the email that our bands are on their way.....we have a RO reservation for the last night of our trip and a package for the first 6 nights so we will get duplicate bands....I'll be tickled if those new tags come with the bands. I just checked tracking and it looks like our bands might be here tomorrow :banana:

I got old luggage tags in my Disney mail, but haven't gotten my magic bands yet. I can't imagine that I will be getting additional luggage tags, but that would be a great surprise. We arrive 9/30.
So close.......I hope we get the new ones but I'm thinking not.

I wonder how this impacts the rumor of a new purple magic band coming?

No purple luggage tag in the picture.

If there is to be a purple magic band in the near future, you'd think there would be a corresponding new purple luggage tag.:worried:

I wonder if they'll let international guests have them. We don't normally get sent things, but as they have an option for on arrival at the resort, maybe we can have them too when we get our Magic Bands on check in!

We arrive on 9/29 and a few days ago I got our DME tags, booklet, and the old luggage tags.

DME are the yellow, barcoded, sticker-type tags.

Oops, yep!

I'm thinking we may be in the same boat, rats! We arrive 9/29 but I got the old tags a few days ago. I did get the email that our bands are on their way.....we have a RO reservation for the last night of our trip and a package for the first 6 nights so we will get duplicate bands....I'll be tickled if those new tags come with the bands. I just checked tracking and it looks like our bands might be here tomorrow :banana:

So close.......I hope we get the new ones but I'm thinking not.

WE GOT BOTH!!! For those of you arriving on 9/30, remove the insert that holds your magic bands when you get them, and you may be pleasantly surprised. We got the old ones in our Mickey Mail and the new ones with our Magic Bands. It really is the little things :)

We arrive 9/29 and I got our first set of bands today. We should be getting a second set of bands in about a week, I guess....for our room only reservation on Oct 5th. So we probably won't get the tags at all since we don't have a package with that room only.......no biggie. I'm going to WDW :)

But you know what? According to the first post/article, the new tags are supposed to be sent for those whose stay starts on 9/29 or later......do you think I should email someone since we do, indeed arrive for our 6 night package on 9.29?

It used to be only for guest staying at Disney with a Magic Your Way package. Transportation was irrelevant. From the linked article, I can't tell if it will continue to only be package guests, or if everyone will get one.
I am an AP holder and we just booked a room only for 9/24-29 and we didn't get any tags, old or new.

I wonder how this impacts the rumor of a new purple magic band coming?

I think I've (maybe) answered my own question.

On one of the magicband collectors sites the purple magicband is suggested to be for purchase. So it may not be a regular, "free" magicband offered as a colour choice to onsite guests.

If that's the case, then it makes sense there is no corresponding purple luggage tag.

I like the look of the new tags, but being a member of and using DVC points, I do not expect to get tags.

Most guests who booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company directly or through a Travel Agent that books directly through the WDTC will start receiving the new tags with their MagicBand

I'm in the most guest catagory as I did book through DTC and I'll hope since I will be getting magic bands, but I am a room only so maybe I'm not a most. :sad1:

But since the tags were the same my last couple vacations, I still have them in nice condition and some I never used so I'll be ok. But it will be a nice surprise when I get my box of magic bands if my tags are in the bottom.

I wish they included these for AP folks who would never book a package since they have an AP. The same thing happens when an AP holder books a room only discount via Disney. You cannot use your Disney Visa 6 months interest free since it isn't a package. I wish they would open this up to AP holders room only reservations or do something else for this case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!