New Luggage Tags for On Site Guests

princesstinkerbelle

Princess in Training
American Tourister and Disney are releasing new luggage tags that coordinate with your MagicBand! They are so freakin cute! I have a pink one ordered for my trip in October, but now I kinda think I am gonna need the red or grey instead! Details down below:
dtnemail-New_Luggage_Tags_2015_v2-5fe0b.jpg
From Main Street Mouse:

http://www.themainstreetmouse.com/2...rt-guests-to-receive-new-luggage-tag-designs/

Walt Disney World and American Tourister have teamed up to create all new Disney luggage tags for guests staying at Walt Disney World Resorts. The new luggage tags will arrive in the same box as your customized MagicBand and the tag will correspond with the color of your MagicBand. Meaning there will be seven unique designs of tags for you to collect! If you do not customize your MagicBand, your band and luggage tag will be the default grey. Currently no word has been released on if guests that opt out of MagicBands or DVC guests staying on points will receive these tags or not.

Most guests who booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company directly or through a Travel Agent that books directly through the WDTC will start receiving the new tags with their MagicBand if they are scheduled to arrive at the Walt Disney Resort reservation on 9/29/15 or after. Guests staying at Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels, Four Seasons Resort Orlando and Downtown Disney Area Hotels will continue to receive their luggage tags with their Magic You Way Travel package documents. Delivery methods will vary based on when the reservation was booked and if MagicBands were customize.

Walt Disney World Resort hotel Guests will receive their items accordingly:

• Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 10+ days prior to arrival will receive their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at home.
  • Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 6-9 days prior to arrival, and Guests who have not customized their MagicBands will recieve their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at the Resort hotel.
  • Guests who have booked a reservation 1-5 days prior to their arrival, and Guests who have opted out of MagicBands will receive luggage tags at the front desk of their Resort hotel.

Interesting. Surprised I haven't seen this earlier. Looks to be based on the new Mickey cartoons.

Just got my magic bands and luggage tags for our Sept trip, and we got the old ones, so the roll out hasn't happened yet.
Sorry, just saw the 9/29 date.

Too bad we will just miss them...

Bu really, what's the point of getting your luggage tags after you check in?

I'm just missing the new tags too -- it might be a good thing because it's too late for me to switch to the Orange MB and get a pluto tag.

We should be getting the new tags. Not sure if the guys will be happy to have Minnie with their red magic bands. Might have to trade my Donald for their Minnie. Debating changing MB colors so I can get the tag I want!

Excuse my ignorance (first timer), but does everyone get luggage tags or only those flying and/or using Magical Express? TIA!

Excuse my ignorance (first timer), but does everyone get luggage tags or only those flying and/or using Magical Express? TIA!

It used to be only for guest staying at Disney with a Magic Your Way package. Transportation was irrelevant. From the linked article, I can't tell if it will continue to only be package guests, or if everyone will get one.

Awesome. Hope we get them. Have not customized our MB's yet and we arrive at FW Nov 13. Probably wait to customize them until I hear people have started getting them.

It used to be only for guest staying at Disney with a Magic Your Way package. Transportation was irrelevant. From the linked article, I can't tell if it will continue to only be package guests, or if everyone will get one.

Ok; thanks. We meet that criteria, at least, so we shall see.

We arrive then too! We have received nothing yet, our magic bands will be at the resort for us though as we are from Canada.

We arrive on Sept. 29 but are also from Canada so have no idea what they're doing with people like us and I asked in a Facebook group but haven't got a response. Does anyone here know if Canadians will get these mailed to us? We don't get our Magic Bands mailed but do get luggage tags mailed and I customised on time and still need to receive my luggage tags so you would think they would just mail the new ones instead of old, unless they are for sure only coming in the box with the bands.

We arrive on Sept. 29 but are also from Canada so have no idea what they're doing with people like us and I asked in a Facebook group but haven't got a response. Does anyone here know if Canadians will get these mailed to us? We don't get our Magic Bands mailed but do get luggage tags mailed and I customised on time and still need to receive my luggage tags so you would think they would just mail the new ones instead of old, unless they are for sure only coming in the box with the bands.

Have you gotten you DME stuff yet?

They mail them to you before you leave...

• Guests who have booked and customized their MagicBands 6-9 days prior to arrival, and Guests who have not customized their MagicBands will recieve their luggage tags in their MagicBands box at the Resort hotel.
  • Guests who have booked a reservation 1-5 days prior to their arrival, and Guests who have opted out of MagicBands will receive luggage tags at the front desk of their Resort hotel.

Oh man! Originally, I was going to have a green MagicBand for this upcoming trip, but I think I'll need to change to the red for that Minnie luggage tag!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter