New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
So today is release day... I wonder if any DISers have gotten their hands on one yet? Can't wait to hear dimensions, etc! If no one updates before then, I'll be getting there in 9 days and I'll post pics of the inside/dimensions for everyone. :)

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=55807&sitex=10020:22372:US
It looks like the Smith bag so I'm guessing the dimensions are the same. Its a big bag, 16 X 6.5 X 9.5
I'm hoping someone who bought it will post. I love the bag but if those are the dimensions I'll be saving a ton of money!

So today is release day... I wonder if any DISers have gotten their hands on one yet? Can't wait to hear dimensions, etc! If no one updates before then, I'll be getting there in 9 days and I'll post pics of the inside/dimensions for everyone. :)

My sister bought one this morning at World of Disney. It is a BIG bag. It reminds me of a carry on piece of luggage. Beautiful, but too big for my taste. I do like the way the top zips and folds down.

http://www.dooney.com/OA_HTML/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=55807&sitex=10020:22372:US
It looks like the Smith bag so I'm guessing the dimensions are the same. Its a big bag, 16 X 6.5 X 9.5
I'm hoping someone who bought it will post. I love the bag but if those are the dimensions I'll be saving a ton of money!

My sister bought one this morning at World of Disney. It is a BIG bag. It reminds me of a carry on piece of luggage. Beautiful, but too big for my taste. I do like the way the top zips and folds down.

Would you say, Feralpeg, that the PP was right and it is the same dimensions as the Smith bag? If so, this just made me VERY happy! I have wanted a new carry on bag :) I love that the bag is Disney to me, but not necessarily obvious to everyone else! Now if only they would release more at the parks in November...a girl can hope right?

Hope it's not too large. Love the HM, and this would be great for cool weather. I do think that a purple lining would have been much better, though. So glad I didn't find anything at Coach the other day! :)

Went into the shop in DHS that was selling them around noon. They were SOLD OUT in a flash. Said there was not any left on property. They had no sample left to look at. She said they have not been told they will get more and keep checking online. Heading to DTD tomorrow just to verify what she said but sounds like they might have a hit on their hands.

Hmm, that might be too big for me. :( I'd have to see it, but 16.5 is definitely on the large side. If it sold out already, I'm not sure I'd be able to get one anyway, but I will check when I get there!

I wish they had released a small version too, like a crossbody bag (that's actually practical for the parks!).

Went into the shop in DHS that was selling them around noon. They were SOLD OUT in a flash. Said there was not any left on property. They had no sample left to look at. She said they have not been told they will get more and keep checking online. Heading to DTD tomorrow just to verify what she said but sounds like they might have a hit on their hands.

Wow! My best friend was hoping to get one when we head down in October. I would love to see one! Such a cool purse.

I just measured mine. It is 14" wide, 14" tall with flap up, 12" when folded over, and about 6" deep.

77807F42-8CAB-4A8B-8A4D-0609162D01F8-8280-000003D85D28A94D_zps2ce8cd3b.jpg

B6CCE895-9B6E-423A-B331-5E71CBB772F7-8280-000003D864D2D73D_zps806664f1.jpg

BF95A148-D53F-45C5-8559-DD6A76BC2E69-8280-000003D86E0554D8_zps195a3eb5.jpg

262AEAC7-B82B-4099-A2BA-92C7EAC0E63C-8280-000003D87396080C_zps3c4107ec.jpg

I just measured mine. It is 14" wide, 14" tall with flap up, 12" when folded over, and about 6" deep.

Thanks for the info and the pics. That is too big for me for an everyday bag :(
Hopefully there is enough interest in the pattern that they will make other styles in it :goodvibes

LOVE... LOVE.... LOVE THE PRINT!!!
It's subtle! Not over-whelming so it can be used any time!!

But the style is not me! :sad:
Any idea of other styles..... like a wristlet or cross body are available??
I would get a wristlet in a heartbeat!!!!!!:thumbsup2

No other styles available

Not sure a wristlet would work. Not enough room to show the wallpaper properly

I got mine at the GF yesterday morning. I got there at 8, no one else was waiting. Eventually more people showed up, maybe 12 in all, and the store manager came out and said they only got 4 in!!! Luckily I got mine...LOVE IT! The people who didn't were able to put their names on a waiting list.
I wanted to get one for a friend so I headed to DTD and went to WoD where they had a lot and no one in line. I was shocked! TrenD had quite a few too. It was a limit of one per person.
It is large, I'm hoping for a smaller version, but until that happens, I will happily carry my huge bag! lol!

I got mine at the GF yesterday morning. I got there at 8, no one else was waiting. Eventually more people showed up, maybe 12 in all, and the store manager came out and said they only got 4 in!!! Luckily I got mine...LOVE IT! The people who didn't were able to put their names on a waiting list.
I wanted to get one for a friend so I headed to DTD and went to WoD where they had a lot and no one in line. I was shocked! TrenD had quite a few too. It was a limit of one per person.
It is large, I'm hoping for a smaller version, but until that happens, I will happily carry my huge bag! lol!

I arrived today & went to Mouse gears to check for 1. The CM said they were sold out in 5 mins yesterday. I wonder if there are any at WoD or TrenD today. As much as I wanted it, I'm beginning to think it wasn't meant to be. Those dimensions sound a little too big for me. I am also hoping Disney will see the interest & make other styles.

Disney must also like making money for Ebayers. There are purses listed there for $500!!! Uh, no thanks.:sad2:

I arrived today & went to Mouse gears to check for 1. The CM said they were sold out in 5 mins yesterday. I wonder if there are any at WoD or TrenD today. As much as I wanted it, I'm beginning to think it wasn't meant to be. Those dimensions sound a little too big for me. I am also hoping Disney will see the interest & make other styles.

Disney must also like making money for Ebayers. There are purses listed there for $500!!! Uh, no thanks.:sad2:

I don't know if WoD would have any left, but TrenD did sell out. I heard Mouse Gears only got like 10 or something insane like that.
Sorry you didn't get yours, but thankfully they'll be available again soon.

Thanks for posting the pix!! I actually love a larger handbag!! We were at a local wine festival, and I have the Dooney Davis Tassel, which is a similar size. It was so nice to throw in a couple of bottled waters, sunglasses, reading glasses, etc, and not worry about everything fitting. Although I don't have a tablet yet, these bigger bags could fit them easily. Does this bag have the key leash that some of the bigger Dooneys do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter