• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to address the concerns of spending $300 for a purse. I have never spent that much either until my birthday last year. I would spend about $30, but then it pretty much only lasted 6-12 months before it started looking worn. Like the coloring wearing off the fake leather. :rotfl2: For my birthday I spent $300 on the Disneyland Parks D&B purse. I got $100 each from my parents, in laws, and DH. So that was my present. I got a larger style to hold my kindle and sometimes I even can toss a sweater in there. A year later, it still looks new! So, if that helps anyone "justify" it, there you go. ;)

Totally agree! My first "expensive" bag was the WDW 40th Anniversary Edition Dooney & Burke buckey purse that I bought 2 years ago, also around $300. Prior to this, I would never spend more than $30 on a purse. I thought spending more than that was crazy. I am a convert now, since that purchase. I have carried this bag every day since then and it still looks brand new. Even my husband is impressed.

I almost bought the Magic Kingdom D&B purse on my June Trip, and I am so glad I waited. Haunted Mansion is my all time favorite! I will most likely buy this one on my trip next week, though there is a chance I will talk myself into waiting a couple of months. Budget is a little tighter than I would like it to be.

Now, if the lining was purple, I would be at Mouse Gear Friday morning, standing with my nose pressed up against the glass, waiting for them to open! :rotfl2:

I'm going to have to see it in person first but this bag is a must for me!!!!
It combines my 2 favorite things.....Disney (The Haunted Mansion specifically) and bags!!!!
I'll be there on 9/13 for the Reflections of Evil event, which I'm clearly going to have to take a break from to check out this bag!!!
:thumbsup2

DD will want this, but that would eat up most of her spending money. Not sure if I should even show it to her.:confused3

DH may think I'm crazy, but he loves HM so he'll probably forgive me. We go down in December and if this is there I'm getting it, hopefully with a discount through my AP or Disney Visa. .

Haunted Mansion is my FAV disney ride of all time. Not to mention Halloween is also my favorite holiday (well tied with Christmas).

I am getting an AP this year, what kind of discounts does it give you?

I have a Disney Visa , so that would be 10% off right?

I need. I want. I shall purchase.

There better be one left when we visit in October!

I really like this bag. Most of the other Disney DB's are too over the top for me, but I love how this is understated but still keeps with the theme.

I just wish there were other styles. I don't like carrying bags on my arm, I'm more a cross-body or backpack gal. A wristlet would be good, too....

OMG. Forgive me for this crazy post, but I'm almost 40 and I've never felt this way before... I've finally found my purse. I mean, I've had purses before - $20 dollars from Target, $50 from Wilson Leather once, but those were just things to carry my wallet. This purse is different. It's just amazing!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/09/spine-tingling-haunted-mansion-inspired-dooney-bourke-bag-coming-to-disney-parks-on-september-13/?CMP=SOC-WDWFY12Q2FBDM0699

Please tell me they'll make enough them so that when I arrive, a week after they release them, I can still buy one.

Editing to correct: In my fangirl squee moment I missed the difference between 'limited edition' and 'limited quantities available in the first order'. Still crossing my fingers that there's one left for me!

I hope they are still available in November. I LOVE IT. I don't even care that it's $330, even though my DH does. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I want, I want. Will be using my rewards points since it's so expensive.
Of those of you that are headed to Disney and are able to purchase the bag, will you please report back to all of us and give us the dimensions, if any inside pockets, if outside pocket will fit your cell phone, how does it feel.
I'm a see it before I buy kind of person. You will need to be my eyes.

Thanks

I'm not a huge fan of this bag, but I can see its appeal!

Just a note about D&B bags--they are heavy. Heavy before you put any of your stuff inside.

Just wanted to address the concerns of spending $300 for a purse. I have never spent that much either until my birthday last year. I would spend about $30, but then it pretty much only lasted 6-12 months before it started looking worn. Like the coloring wearing off the fake leather. :rotfl2: For my birthday I spent $300 on the Disneyland Parks D&B purse. I got $100 each from my parents, in laws, and DH. So that was my present. I got a larger style to hold my kindle and sometimes I even can toss a sweater in there. A year later, it still looks new! So, if that helps anyone "justify" it, there you go. ;)

My experience with the retro print bags as well. I love this one. I know it is disney, but most others wont. They will just know it is pretty awesome :thumbsup2

my sister posted this to my Facebook. i LOVE it!!! i just wish it came in a smaller size with a smaller price tag.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for DH) we won't be going back to DLR this year and not to WDW until June so I may be out of luck on this one. I hope they continue to make more ride themed bags. Although I don't know how they could pull off the subtleness of this one with another ride. I love POTC but I don't really want a purse with a bunch of dirty pirates all over it! :rotfl2:

So crazy to buy this on Ebay, because one could also order direct from Disney (parks).

But some people have to resort to Ebay for purchasing if they are outside of the USA, I think.

I hope to see them in person in a few weeks, if they don't sell out.

Love it! It is understated and classic. Agree with a poster on the original article, that it would have been better if the lining was purple. Hoping they have different sizes as the one pictured is too big for me.

Love it! It is understated and classic. Agree with a poster on the original article, that it would have been better if the lining was purple. Hoping they have different sizes as the one pictured is too big for me.

I love the size of it as I tend to carry everything, even the kitchen sink sometimes. :rofl: I agree about it being understated & classic. To me it doesn't have Disney all over it like the other D&B bags, don't get me wrong I love them as well but sometimes being understated is better. :) just hoping its still available in Nov. we arrive on my birthday so it's going to be my birthday present to myself. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Of those of you that are headed to Disney and are able to purchase the bag, will you please report back to all of us and give us the dimensions, if any inside pockets, if outside pocket will fit your cell phone, how does it feel.
I'm a see it before I buy kind of person. You will need to be my eyes.

Thanks

I'll be there in two weeks. I've rescheduled our resort day and canceled and ADR so I can buy the bag first thing. I promise to use all my investigative skills to make a full report. ;)

(if someone doesn't beat me to it first!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter