• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this!!!! I MUST have this bag, I hope it's available when I get there on 9/22! I agree the lining should be purple, but I'll take it anyhow!

I'm not a big handbag person & even I think it's gorgeous.

Sadly I can't afford the price tag so I'll just have to stare longingly at pictures lol.

OMG. Forgive me for this crazy post, but I'm almost 40 and I've never felt this way before... I've finally found my purse. I mean, I've had purses before - $20 dollars from Target, $50 from Wilson Leather once, but those were just things to carry my wallet. This purse is different. It's just amazing!

I so know what you mean. I buy cheap handbags and carry them around until they start falling apart.
Yet suddenly, here I am, trying to justify spending $330+ on a handbag.

You guys are cracking me up! They def should've consulted with you on the liner...purple all the way.

I too buy whatever purse that is on sale at Target (99% of the time black) and use it until it falls apart. So many people are focused on their handbags at least the girls I work with. Since you have save all these years on the target bags...I say go for it and buy the expensive bag. It is a beauty.

I REALLY want this purse. The other Dooney's are too Disney for me (I know blasphemy). I really didn't want to be carrying something soo cartoony around. This one is so understated. No one would know that it is actually a Disney purse; not to mention it is patterned after one of my favorite rides. Hubby shoulda just let me get that other Coach purse I was oogling when it went on sale ;) ;)

Even as a guy....I have to say that is way cool. Haunted Mansion always has been and always will be my favorite ride.

I love my husband. After years of spending no more than $30 on a purse, he told me it was perfect and that even though he knows I'm going to waffle on it over the price, he's buying it for me. He's so fabulous!

I REALLY want this purse. The other Dooney's are too Disney for me (I know blasphemy). I really didn't want to be carrying something soo cartoony around. This one is so understated. No one would know that it is actually a Disney purse; not to mention it is patterned after one of my favorite rides. Hubby shoulda just let me get that other Coach purse I was oogling when it went on sale ;) ;)

LOL - I know what you mean about the other Dooney's. I have one of the retro bags and I love it. But it's definitely not subtle. I carry it on the weekends as a diaper bag. I get enough "you're going to Disney again?" without people commenting on my purse.

Add me to the "Buys Purses at Target" club! The only other purse I have is my small WDW bag that I bought for 30 at the hotel gift shop on our last trip to the World!

I have a few questions for ya'll who are Disney Dooney experts though!

--Will this likely be a limited run? I've seen pictures of people lining up to get the newest DizDooney and it is pretty intense! Will it likely sell out on the 13 and not reappear until months later? I ask because DH and I will be there on our Disneymoon the following week! :)

--What are the odds of this design only being available in -this- style? It's BEAUTIFUL and if I were ever to drop more than 40 on a purse this would be IT, but I love smaller purses. The "barrel" style is my favorite, and the wristlets are awesome too! I would even go for a cross-body style!

If anyone gets any more info please post in this thread! I think all of us Disnerd gals need this purse! :laughs:

Oh, I love it!! I have three Disney Dooneys but I made a rule for myself that I have to purchase it in person on my trips only (otherwise i would have a big problem!). Sigh. My next one will be the one for the Tink 1/2. Maybe this will become a fall tradition as I will be there next Fall!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just wanted to address the concerns of spending $300 for a purse. I have never spent that much either until my birthday last year. I would spend about $30, but then it pretty much only lasted 6-12 months before it started looking worn. Like the coloring wearing off the fake leather. :rotfl2: For my birthday I spent $300 on the Disneyland Parks D&B purse. I got $100 each from my parents, in laws, and DH. So that was my present. I got a larger style to hold my kindle and sometimes I even can toss a sweater in there. A year later, it still looks new! So, if that helps anyone "justify" it, there you go. ;)

Really nice look! :thumbsup2 $330 not too nice! :confused3 Rather spend that money on tickets/hotel so all could enjoy! :wizard::wizard:

Thanks for sharing though.:goodvibes:goodvibes

I like the bag but I would have to see it and feel it in person.

I usually buy very expensive bags $300+ my whole life. I have never owned a $50 purse.

I have actually bought a Dooney years ago when even their little one was $495. But when I went to DTD and looked at some Disney Dooney's (because I thought I wanted one) the quality and feel of it just seemed cheap to me.

It is very hard and stiff almost like it is made out of plastic.

This one may be different. Not sure. I probably won't buy it because I just bought a big Fossil purse.

But the design is so subtle that unless the person who sees it KNOWS a ton about Disney they won't even know it is Disney or Haunted Mansion.

Just wanted to address the concerns of spending $300 for a purse. I have never spent that much either until my birthday last year. I would spend about $30, but then it pretty much only lasted 6-12 months before it started looking worn. Like the coloring wearing off the fake leather. :rotfl2: For my birthday I spent $300 on the Disneyland Parks D&B purse. I got $100 each from my parents, in laws, and DH. So that was my present. I got a larger style to hold my kindle and sometimes I even can toss a sweater in there. A year later, it still looks new! So, if that helps anyone "justify" it, there you go. ;)

I have several D&B purses that are years old and they have all held up really great. The one complaint I have is on a wristlet where the gold tone metal has changed color.

I really really love this purse and would love to get it but I have a feeling its pretty large. Does anyone know the dimensions?

ETA I really hope that they limit the amount of these people can buy. They are already listed on ebay as pre-sale orders (for over $400) and some people have up to 10 available.
I won't be at WDW when it releases but I hope that all of you that are can get one!

DH may think I'm crazy, but he loves HM so he'll probably forgive me. We go down in December and if this is there I'm getting it, hopefully with a discount through my AP or Disney Visa. I love my current two Sketch style D&B bags, but they are ostentatiously Disney. This is gorgeous and understated and also larger than my current bags (letter carrier and satchel). It would be nice to have a roomier bag for the work week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter