• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NEW Friends & Family Discount Offer 3/19

We are going in May and haven't booked a room yet. Have some people been able to call and ask for this discount? We were considering staying off site but would love this discount! Does a CM have to book it for you?

We are going in May and haven't booked a room yet. Have some people been able to call and ask for this discount? We were considering staying off site but would love this discount!

This discount is only for Cast Members to book for themselves or friends and family. A regular guest can't call and book it as it will be verified.

I need a cast ember friend too...so want to go in aug but price is way too high right now..anyone wanting to be a cm friend please PM me..:goodvibes

Someone asked about ABC. F&F is only available for US Parks and Resorts cast members. Basically, WDW or DL.

If my friend in the college program is there until May and we aren't going until July, can she still get us a room with a discount?

Full price DP with a 40% discount and typically a discounted dp if they release a 50%.

That's awesome. Now I just need a Disney cast member friend. I would love the F&F discount. If anyone can help me out, please pm me. :worship:

If my friend in the college program is there until May and we aren't going until July, can she still get us a room with a discount?

No, sorry she wouldn't. She would have to go to the resort within a few days of your arrival to show here valid Cast ID which she won't have anymore.

Wonder if I could get mom and dad to change careers lol. They could work there and we could visit- much Hah :)

Wonder if I could get mom and dad to change careers lol. They could work there and we could visit- much Hah :)

Go for the heartstrings to make it a solid sell!

I told my mom - well... you could always give us your extra DVC points and keep the kids for us for that week *wink wink nudge nudge*

Does anyone know if your stay spanned over the end of the 50%, would the room discount and/or DP discount run the length of your stay or just the days that fall w/in the timeframe of the promo?

No because the CM must show their valid company ID to the resort 10 days before your stay. If they don't show their ID the resort can charge you the full difference in going rate for the room.

I was never ballsy enough to not go show them my ID so idk if every resort follows the rules or not.

I would love a cast member to friend me too:) The cast member I do know isnt able to help me out this year. Bummer since that is an awesome discount:) So if anyone is willing to friend me--pm me:)

For those "in the know" here...is this the first time the Friends and Family discount has gone up as high as 50%? Or (and this is my hope!), does this happen each year during a slow time?

For those "in the know" here...is this the first time the Friends and Family discount has gone up as high as 50%? Or (and this is my hope!), does this happen each year during a slow time?

Each year for a short period. If rooms ate not going the they release the CM discounts.

In 2005 I had a cm discount of 50%. We booked six months out that year. Last year it was 40% then changed to 50% about a month before check in and that stay was aver July 4th.

I was a cast member for three years in the parks and also for the Disney store which is completely separate discounts ( like ESPn and abc)

The friends and family must be booked by a valid cast member at the time. I was able to fax my id the one time I was out of state when my family
Checked in because I got clearance ahead of time.

As for the deals they are constantly changing and if you know a cast member ha e them check weekly. For example last march I had a week long vaca planned with my friend and I was using the 50% off cast member discount because I was staying with her. After I booked two weeks later I noticed a deal going on during our travel dates it bumped the room up to 60% off and made the dining plan extremely affordable quick serve plan was 16 per adult per day and Disney dining plan was 28 per adult per day..when you look at the math those prices are less than one meal a day( meal being drink, entree, desert at QS on average is 16-17 and TS 20-25 per meal) so in the end we were getting all our snacks for free and at least one meal a day for free each.. After the vaca was over we totaled our savings to be over 350 just on our food from receipts those few days. At the time I used my main gate to have her enter free and our hotel was really cheap. I have lucked out and used deals like this more than 5 times for family vacations and others and have really saved 1000's over the last couple of years.

Moral of my long story, have your cast members friends or family check everyday for new deals ( you can change your reservation all the way up to the day you check in)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter