• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who travel alot and have a wireless laptop pick up Apple's Air Port (@$115). Works with Apple and Windows. After some very easy steps to configure you plug it into a wall outlet and then plug the broadband connection into it. You are then wireless! It is about the size of a deck of cards. I used it this sommer at the BCV. It was great especially since the broadband connection was in an odd place so being wired would have been a drag. It can supposedly handle up to 11 devices although it was just me and my Thinkpad.

OMG I was actually on topic! :hyper: :teeth:

Wishing everyone a wonderful THANKSGIVING...especially those of you celebrating at the WDW SWAN and DOLPHIN!! ::yes::

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Thanks Lou!! This will work perfectly for DD, since she is an APPLE person *(ALL THE WAY). I LOVE/PREFER Sony products, but she has everything APPLE. She is purchasing a new APPLE Laptop & accessories for College, and would LOVE to bring it with her to the SWAN/DOLPHIN and use this GIZMO! You are filled with incredible talent and information. Kudos to you, for being so generous with both! :hug:
*And for STAYING on TOPIC!! "teeth:

If your Sony is wireless it will work with that as well. Even though it is made by Apple they seem to "get it" as they made this to work with everything not just Apple.

Originally posted by Loubon
If your Sony is wireless it will work with that as well. Even though it is made by Apple they seem to "get it" as they made this to work with everything not just Apple.
Thanks LOU! I would love to have this option at the Dolphin, and will buy it online in the Apple store ASAP! DD and I could "share" hers until she takes it to college. Thank you, again...for all your wisdom & invaluable insight. ::yes::

Happy THANKSGIVING everyone! Off to buy some more marshmallows, yams and asparagus! :teeth: Oh, and those pillsbury croissants!! :rolleyes: ;)

Loubon said:
The "Chat It Up" thread has been moved to the Community Board Here
Are you calling us GABBY?!? (Are you talking to ME?~?)...LOL?~!

:cloud9: I'm off to London/Paris in less than 12 hours! I have not packed yet!!! :earseek: I'll be thinking of all of you as I lift off....:teleport:

Hope everyone at the Dolphin/Swan or visiting WDW has a wonderful time!

XOXOXO DF99 :goodvibes :wave2:

Us? Chatty? NEVER! We're not chatty, we just have a lot to share! :)

SpiningDemon.gif

RobMax said:
After reading this - I am confused (no surprise!).

Will my wireless card work in the Dolphin in a few weeks when I get there?
Looks like DF said the Wi-Fi is only in the common areas and the rooms are cabled. That was the way I understood it so I posted and alternative method. Sorry if if I misunderstood that or it is wrong.

Loubon said:
Looks like DF said the Wi-Fi is only in the common areas and the rooms are cabled. That was the way I understood it so I posted and alternative method. Sorry if if I misunderstood that or it is wrong.

Lou - is access free with the cable connection in the room?

Not sure as I haven't stayed there. I think people mentioned it was. I know at the DVC locations it is $9.95 per 24 hour continuous blocks. But I think I recall someone saying the S&D were free.

Glenn I haven't hit any of the character limits yet so I'm not sure. I know they are still playing with some settings so that will probably increase over time.

RobMax said:
Lou - is access free with the cable connection in the room?
I can help with this! Access is included in the resort fee so while you don't pay extra, you're really still paying for it!

Rob>> I tried to get rid of some things in my signature last night. I ended up giving up (and I was trying to take away, not add!) since I hadn't done anything but preview my original signature is still here. You're right, the more code you have, even if it is to make fonts smaller, will easily throw you over the limit. I'd love to help you, but I got stuck with the same problem!

To keep this on topic, you can change the colors of your posts on your OWN computer by changing the colors at the bottom of the screen. Swan/Dolphin are color choices! WOO HOO! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter