NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will do my best to try to answer questions that I can:

Dolphin self parking - dh drove and dropped me off, but he parked right behind the entrance, where part of the lot said "valet". I think there is more parking if you keep driving past this lot. (you come in and go past the Swan, not sure of the road name, but is marked with resorts signs) and you go right past the parking lot.

Swan parking is directly in front of the resort. Easy walk. Valet to the left and self p. to the right (facing the lot).

I can't remember Swan room numbers, but if you want an Epcot view you have to ask for an east side balcony room on a higher floor. We stayed on club level both times we were there and had views of MGM and fantasmic and could also see fireworks from Illuminations, even though our room faced the front entrance to the Swan.

There are refrigerators in all the rooms at the S/D which have snacks, sodas, etc. in them.

Resort fee is mandatory at all Starwood hotels. It is not unusual. The S/D have been known in the past to not charge it if asked, but not sure if they still do that. I think platinum members are not charged, but I am still not up to date on that.

Hope this helps. :sunny:

Does that mean that you cannot put yourown things in the fridge? I'm picturing a bar fridge filled with $3.00 pop cans that they charge on your bill if you drink them.

Figment~I have read where people do put their own items in the refrig and don't touch the items already there - just work around them. It seems to me these posters didn't encounter any problems with charges from the refrig. A caution - I have read that these refrigs might not ne cold enough for meds/insulin - don't know if that is the case or not but thought it would be worth posting.

Hi guys - leave you alone for a week and you get us booted to another board!!!:p :p :p

The mini-bar/fridge is fully stocked. You can pay (as of last quote I had) $25 to have them remove all the items from it for your stay. You also have the option of removing the items yourself & placing them aside, however, you are supposed to leave a note in or on the fridge so they don't restock it and bill your room. Since mine was for medical (insulin), they cleared the mini-bar out for no fee. Most insulins are not super sensitive to room temps but I do have one type that the pharmacist insists I should be keeping cold. The temp in the mini-bar was ideal for it. There is not much room to store anything additional in there unless you remove their items.

Resort fee has not been being waived for quite some time now. 2 years ago on club level it was waived automatically for me, but this trip it was on there.

Originally posted by lovingthemouse
Wow- we have begun again... Thanks Lisa, only seems proper that you lead off!!!

Getting closer to our Dolphin stay - anything new to look forward to from those of you who have recently stayed there? BTW, what have they placed in the location where the jewelry shop was. Seems it was under renovation when we were there last April?

Hey Mouseteacher, what's with all the snow? I was not ready for this. Caroline :teacher:
:hug: Love you so, Caroline...:love:

There will be a nice, new "bookstore" and coffee shop in place of the jewelry store. ::yes:: I'll be in heaven....:teeth: and can hardly wait!
Been hectic/busy here, PLAY is very serious WORK. ;)

*London/Paris looming...Dolphin confirmed for next summer!!
Interested in a postcard from Europe? PM me a mailing address...and I'll do my best!!

Miss and Love you all...XO

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

...nice of you to start the new thread!:teeth:

(see, I'm in 'double-digits' now!:bounce: :Pinkbounc )

A pstcard would be lovely if your willing to send one - I am an Anglophile to the core! I'll PM you.

A bookstore/coffee shop sounds perfect. I hope to try it out this summer if our trip is a go!

One my other post I said to check out my countdown thingie. Sorry:blush: , it's on my other username.....silly me:rolleyes: !

Originally posted by kimmar067
One my other post I said to check out my countdown thingie. Sorry:blush:
:wave2: Howdy Kimmar! :hug: It's okay...seems like a LOT of "thingies" are missing 'round here! :rolleyes:
I have lost my DF clippie. :( Hope to get it back soon.

The bookstore in the Dolphin should be wonderful. The LOBBY is also slated for "renovation" (but the FOUNTAIN will remain the focal point~!).

*Remember the Copacabana? The little club with the whimsical tropical theme? It is to become the NEW Dolphin SPA!! The old facility in the gym will be moved there, and expanded. An entire new line of treatments will be available. ::yes:: Sounds great to me!

I agree with others who have posted about self-parking at the Dolphin, it's not easy to find and sometimes it changes!
(Kind of like the stairs at Hogwarts if you're a Harry Potter fan)

I believe they change the configuration of valet and self-park depending on demand. We were there in early July and over the course of our 8-day stay self-park and valet frequently changed. They seem to have moveable pylons in the area.

Just follow the signs to the right of the main entrance and you'll find it.

A spa sounds wonderful DF - wish I had a trip planned so I could check it out!

Did someone say NEW SPA!!!! Oh , I'll have to try that next December!:flower1:

We are returning to the Swan in mid December for a short stay. I was wondering if anyone has seen the Twilight Christmas show at the Dolphin. We are planning on attending MVMCP one night and another we absolutely want to see Osbourne Lights at MGM. Can we watch the Twilight Magic and still get to the MK by 7:00 for the party?

We had to check out of the Dolphin on 12/24 last year :( and did not see the light display but if it is the same as what was explained to us , there are many colored/spotlights above the huge tree in the lobby and a disco ball and at a certain time(6 p.m.?) they do a light show for maybe 5-10 minutes? I think you will make it to MK, BUT, did you know you can get into MK at 4 p.m. already w/your MVMCP tix? I know the Twilight show will be fun to see, but amybe not over an extra 3 hours at MK. That could save you using a park day on your tickets....I would do the Twilight show and then head to OL at MGM...you would def. make it over there as it is only about a 15 minute walk or short boat ride. Have a great time!

Pam

Mom2aPrincess
Hi we'll be at the Swan in Dec. too! I was also planning to catch one of the "Twilight Tree Lightings" at the Dolphin as well. There is a schedule for these lightings, they don't do them every night. Have you checked it out? I know the home page of these boards has a link to the S/D's holdiay happenings. If you haven't seen it just click here: <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/SwanDolphin/xmas.htm">S/D holiday fun</a>

I know the show is supposed to be at 6 pm. You could catch a bus to MK from the Dolphin afterwards and should get to MK by 7:00 or so or like FINFAN mentioned you might want to go to MK earlier and catch the tree lighting on a different night? Maybe on the night you plan to see the OL. I personally don't like being at the OL at the opening at 6:00 anyway, it's just too darn crowded then for me. I like to wait until some of the initial crowd clears out.

Great ideas!! :)

I found the cutest little icon on another web page...isn't this too funny?!? We should have this in our smilies!!

icon_offtopic.gif

TTFN...& TGIF!! DF99

ONE WEEK to LONDON/PARIS! :tongue:

DF99...THAT IS TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to have one!!!!!!!!
Yes...TGIF, THANKS FOR THE GREAT IDEAS SUPPORT...IT FEELS TO GOOD TO HELP!
PAM

icon_offtopic.gif
icon_offtopic.gif
icon_offtopic.gif
icon_offtopic.gif
icon_offtopic.gif

:Rotfl: Rotfl: :Rotfl: I'm going to KEEP this, and use it whenever appropriate!! :teeth: :smooth: FINFAN...you are so cute!

*I want to experience the DOLPHIN light display! Does anyone have any pics of the Christmas tree, this special lighting ceremony...or the incredible TRAIN?!? I'd love to see some.

sarahsmom73~I'm sure the SPA will be UP & RUNNING by then! I'm hoping it is fully functional this summer!! I'll let you know how the treatments are...and which one (I plan to try them all) IMHO is the BEST!! I LOVE SPA TREATMENTS!!!

:grouphug: *I reserved FIRST CLASS seats on the Eurostar today...from London to Paris! Whoo....hoo!!

FINFAN and jwfla422
Thanks for your advice regarding the twilight magic. Our dilemma may be resolved. We had planned on attending MVMCP on the 17th but had not yet purchased our tickets. That date is now sold out. If we still take our trip it should be no problem to catch the Christmas activities at the Dolphin on the 17th. The question is now whether or not to go to WDW that weekend if we can't do the party. We have gone to MNSSHP for 3 straight years and it is always a highlight of the trip. I've really goofed this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter