NEW-EST...DOLPHIN/SWAN..."questions and answers"...tips and hints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamflight99

<font color=deeppink>Princess of THIS Castle!<br><
This is the NEW (ONCE AGAIN!) & FRESH SWAN/DOLPHIN INFO...TIPS...HINTS....NEWS...posting thread! It's sparkling clean, awaiting all the DOLPHIN/SWAN fanclub (& Sorority Sisters too) DISers "QUESTIONS & ANSWERS"...as well as a place to post UPDATES on your recent trips with PHOTOS to these two fabulous resorts! Any starters? Grab some java and begin to post!! WELCOME!

Dreamflight99

Of the two resort which do you prefer, I don't know much about either. Have seen them but I'm just not sure which would have the best views, ect.

Thanks
Beckie

Of the two...definitely the Dolphin! I LOVE the views it offers, especially the EPCOT area, with the BC/YC and BWI visible. The illuminations show every eve is spectacular from the Dolphin. If you stand on a balcony, you can actually HEAR all the music, etc. ::yes::

I also love the lobby, parking, restaurants, and even the ducks. The rental car counter is in the Dolphin *(I use this frequently). I also prefer Tubbi's (The BEST home-made chicken noodle you have ever tasted), and the cute Dolphin Fountain.

Both, are truly magical. But the Dolphin...is my #1. Hope this helps you. ;) It's always great to see you. Hope everything is running smoothly over in the WL. :hug:

Take care....

TTFN...DF99 :wave2:

Thanks for the quick reply, yep the Lodge is great and will always be 1# but I do love trying all the resorts. It's nice to get the best information from people that really know the resort your planning on staying at.
While staying at BWV we would see that the views of EPCOT would be wonderful from one of the resorts it probably was the Dolphin it was on the same side as YC/BC.

(actually we where on a bicycles built for four trying to get up the incline of the bridge, when the IllumiNations started and everyone came out on the balconies to watch the fireworks and the crazy ladies pedal as hard as they could with no chance of making it up that hill)

Does the Dolphin have fewer rooms then the Swan?

Beckie

Hi, Beckie

The Swan has fewer rooms than the Dolphin. We had a perfect view of Epcot from our balcony room at the Dolphin this past July. I really enjoyed watching Illuminations from my private balcony.

Don't ya just love heartbreak hill? Amazingly, we do get up the hill without getting off but that's thanks to my DH, DS21 and DS 19. I take my feet off the pedals (I'm sitting in the back)! ;) :p

Wow- we have begun again... Thanks Lisa, only seems proper that you lead off!!!

Getting closer to our Dolphin stay - anything new to look forward to from those of you who have recently stayed there? BTW, what have they placed in the location where the jewelry shop was. Seems it was under renovation when we were there last April?

Hey Mouseteacher, what's with all the snow? I was not ready for this. Caroline :teacher:

Aha! I found you again!
Swan or Dolphin. I have stayed at both and though I liked being able to get around quicker in the Swan, I think I really liked the Dolphin better. There were more conveniences available without leaving the resort. (even if it was a longer walk) I also loved the King corner turret balcony room we had on the 9th floor. What a view. Windows all around and two balconies. Also had a pull out sofa.

Please keep this thread on topic so that folks looking for info on the Swan and Dolphin can find the answers to their questions easily.

Personal messages should be kept to PM's, e-mail, or the new Swan/Dolphin thread on the Community Board.

Click here to go to the community board thread

Thank you for your assistance in keeping this message on topic.

Karen

Tell me again the directions for self-parking at the Dolphin. We got turned around trying to find it last time, and we're on a time crunch on this trip, so don't want to waste time trying to find it.

Originally posted by Lorix2
Is the resort fee mandatory at the Dolphin?

From what I've heard - yes. Coffee in the room and the hot tub down in the health club are worth it for me though.

What I LOVE is the free 2 hour childcare if you dine at Bluezoo! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, spend 24-7 with them, but getting 2 hours away is wonderful!! Heehee

Thanks kbkids - that's a bummer considering we aren't coffee drinkers and wouldn't use the health facilities.

Another question though...I booked the Dolphin for April 20-23 and I wondering now if that is a heavy convention month:confused:

Does anyone know if now that Disney is including refrigerators in all deluxe rooms, is Swan/Dolphin doing the same?

Originally posted by kbkids
Tell me again the directions for self-parking at the Dolphin. We got turned around trying to find it last time, and we're on a time crunch on this trip, so don't want to waste time trying to find it.

Anyone know?

kbkids~I didn't know the answer to your question as I have never rented a car while staying at the S/D. I am glad you received an answer from the best source I know of! :D ;)

thanks everyone for your tips and suggestions re: the Swan. I still don't have an idea of room numbers that offer EPCOT views at the Swan but do know which side to ask for and that I need a higher floor above the tree line.

I see that the Dolphin has out of the way self parking - is the same true with the Swan? How late does the lounge stay open to get a drink after coming back from the parks? Thanks!

Coralsea
<FONT FACE="Symbol"SIZE=+3>SSS</FONT>

bianca~the Lobby Lounge is open into the evening but I don't know what time it closes. You can also get a continental breakfast there in the morning starting at 7:00 am. You can bring it back to your room or sit at the bistro style tables spread around this small lobby area. Also, Kimonos is open in the evening - it is a bar of sorts with Kariakoe and a sushi bar, too. A fun place to hang out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter