New Blog: Starbucks to Replace the Main Street Bakery at Magic Kingdom

labfan said:
I was looking forward to going to the Main Street Bakery on our visit in May. Unfortunately, that is no longer an option since it will be a Starbucks. I will just be walking right by it. I can go to Starbucks anytime at home if I wanted.
What's going to be next - McDonalds?
Disney should have just sold Starbucks coffee and not have a complete Starbucks replacing the Main Street Bakery.
Extremely disappointed. Makes no sense.

They did the McDonald's a few years back it was in animal kingdom.

I'm so excited that they finally annouced dates/locations just wish they were opening sooner. :thumbsup2

This is extremely disappointing news. Very sad that the unique MSB will be replaced by an everyday Starbucks.... :(

You have no idea just how sad my husband and I are to hear this news. :sad2:

Now a little bit of the outside world is creeping it way into my fantasy world and I don't like it one bit. :sad:

PetePanMan said:
speak with your wallets if you don't like the change and then Disney may reconsider. My guess is that just like DCA it will be extremely popular...

Exactly. This is a good opportunity to really support the Joffreys carts. Maybe if WDW sees more money going to them....?

As long as I can get my 3 inch thick rice krispies and yummy pastries to take back for a.midnight snack I wont go postal on the cute little starbucks girl lol

Why in the world would Disney replace an iconic bakery with a commercial coffee shop? It destroys the magic you get walking down Main Street. My wife and I have always made this our first stop every year we go. I get selling Starbucks coffee in the bakery, but changing the name too? What's Disney have in store for us next, Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe changes to Applebees?:confused3

The info I read this morning from folks who have seen what they did at Disneyland is that they're not really replacing an iconic bakery with a commercial coffee shop. All they're doing is rehabbing the bakery as they would have otherwise, and when it reopens it'll serve better coffee.

speak with your wallets if you don't like the change and then Disney may reconsider. My guess is that just like DCA it will be extremely popular...

Agree! Vote with your dollars---I do on a daily basis. It was really hard to do at first, actually. I kept wanting to just give in and settle for what was convenient and available at the time. I'll keep walking instead of stopping at the Main Street Bakery. It think it will be popular as well, unfortunately.

I don't have any problem with S Bucks in general. In fact, I love S Bucks and am a regular customer. However, it doesn't match the theme of Main Street. I don't care if others say there is corporate branding already. Mainly what I've seen is Edy's, Coke, and Smuckers. All of which remind me of iconic images of Americana. S Bucks doesn't. It reminds me of technology, Seattle grunge music, and people writing on their laptops drinking coffee. Is that in the least bit nostalgic? No, it's not and it doesn't match Main Street. This area should not be modernized. It should stay classic and retro.

Now the Epcot location is fine because Epcot is more about modernization. S Bucks fits the theme. That's my beef.

The responses on the Disney blog are for the most part negative. I responded myself, kept it very civil, but the moderator on the disneyblog opted not to post my response - I suspect the negatives are so overwhelming they've stopped posting most of them. I really hope the Disney folk are listening.

I do feel the Main Street Bakery badly needed a refurbishment. The seating was a mess and there was too much unused open space near the circular cooler that could have been put to better use. It also needs a draw to keep the money flowing all day long and adding some decent coffee drinks there makes a lot of sense.

What I worry about is that it will become a homogenized bakery location like all the other spots. My family is very very picky about where we eat outside of the villa. The Bakery is one of the few eating spots we can all agree on. I have my fingers crossed they don't ruin it.

As for the Fountianview - I fear the worst, but hope for the best. Again, it is one of the few spots my kids will sit and enjoy the location with me.

twinklebug said:
The responses on the Disney blog are for the most part negative. I responded myself, kept it very civil, but the moderator on the disneyblog opted not to post my response - I suspect the negatives are so overwhelming they've stopped posting most of them. I really hope the Disney folk are listening.

I do feel the Main Street Bakery badly needed a refurbishment. The seating was a mess and there was too much unused open space near the circular cooler that could have been put to better use. It also needs a draw to keep the money flowing all day long and adding some decent coffee drinks there makes a lot of sense.

What I worry about is that it will become a homogenized bakery location like all the other spots. My family is very very picky about where we eat outside of the villa. The Bakery is one of the few eating spots we can all agree on. I have my fingers crossed they don't ruin it.

As for the Fountianview - I fear the worst, but hope for the best. Again, it is one of the few spots my kids will sit and enjoy the location with me.

i'm surprised to read this. if you are very picky about food, surely you must recognize that the baked goods at MSB are subpar and the coffee is terrible.

My 13 year old niece said Walt is rolling over in his grave. My sister is disappointed saying everything on MS is turn of the century & that is gonna take away the magic. DH & I are gonna be sad when we can't get our ice cream cookie sandwich. This news is HORRIBLE!!!!! Why can't MSB just SERVE starbucks coffee & call it a day!!!??? This is worse than the McDonald's fry wagon they used to have.

Now I can get Starbucks @ Cedar Point in OH,an Target store,Right next to the Sunoco gas station up the road & on Main Street @ MK.:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kona is 100x better anyway.

As a Starbucks fan and a coffee fan in general :worship: I have mixed feelings about this. When I was there in July, I took Starbucks Iced Coffee and just mixed it in my water bottle every morning, in order to have a morning jolt of caffeine. That worked for me. Plus the idea of hot coffee in hot weather makes me nauseous. Leave Starbucks brand stuff for the airport, when we have to return to the real world. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter