• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Blog: Starbucks to Replace the Main Street Bakery at Magic Kingdom

That is absolutely horrible news :furious: How in the world can they remove The Main Street Bakery :sad:

I thought they were just going to add Starbucks to it. How can they replace the bakery?? :sad:

:sad: We don't drink coffee and the few things we have had at our local starbucks I can honestly say that I have never dreamed about them like we do about some of the treats we have gotten at the Main Street Bakery. What will I do without my rice crispy treats:confused3

I'm not going to worry TOO much until it's actually finished. Although, I'm disappointed that the Bakery will be closed in Feb...
I really hope they don't mess with it too much. If you read about the Starbucks location in Disneyland (DCA), it's not in-you-face Starbucks. They still have a lot of the Disney desserts/pastries, with Starbucks pastries in addition. So, hopefully, Main St. Bakery will be similar...HOPEFULLY.

Here's a review from DCA:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/...-fiddler-fifer-practical-cafe-with-starbucks/

This is heartbreaking! While I love my Starbucks, I did not ever imagine Main Street Bakery would be replaced by one. Couldn't it have been combined?! Starbucks coffee with the typical bakery treats?! I'm so sad:sad:

I'll add my opinion to this thread too - stupid decision, stupid. Disney might learn a lesson from Nascar - if you torque off your core fans, they might leave and not come back.

Is there any where else at WDW that sells cinnamon rolls similar to Main St. Bakery rolls? I was looking toward to trying the yummy rolls on our trip in April!

I hope it turns out similar to the DCA cafe..that sounds like a nice mix. We've never been to WDW and are going this January. I just read a review of the bakery today on facebook & was working it into our plans as much as possible...now it sounds as though it will be closed for remodeling :( Fingers crossed for a sensitive incorporation into Main St!!

goofy1977 said:
Is there any where else at WDW that sells cinnamon rolls similar to Main St. Bakery rolls? I was looking toward to trying the yummy rolls on our trip in April!

I believe that Gaston's Tavern will be selling warm cinnamon buns...not sure how similar they are though...my husband and I were going to do a taste challenge in December.

I really hope that it is not a complete Starbucks take over...I know my husband will be thrilled with the coffee but the bakery is pure Main Street nostalgia!

IF Disney is able to BLEND Starbucks into the Main Street Bakery while still leaving that turn-of-the-century charm of the Bakery itself, I might be ok with that. But if it's a full-fledged Starbucks like the have on every other street corner in Manhattan, then boo. Not happy about that.

Here's my comment that's currently awaiting moderation on the Disney Parks blog:

Starbucks inside the Magic Kingdom? I’m sure it’s not possible to reconsider, but I feel like Downtown Disney would be a much more appropriate venue for it. I love the Main Street bakery. It’s always my family’s first stop at the Magic Kingdom for breakfast. A Starbucks would no longer feel special. What’s so magical about the Disney parks is how once you’re inside you feel like you’re somewhere completely different. A Starbucks is like letting the real world in.

Also, Main Street USA is supposed to resemble Walt’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri at the turn of the century (1900, not 2000). It’s a stretch but I can see an argument for Starbucks in the future and therefore being appropriate in Future World at Epcot, but definitely not Main Street USA.

When exactly in January is this refurbishment scheduled to happen? I’ll be there on the 11th, so I’m hoping to get to go to the old bakery one last time.

I wonder if it'll pass the moderators popcorn::

Really though, this is incredibly sad news. I wonder if they really thought people would get excited about this? There's a Starbucks in my office building, a Starbucks in my grocery store, a Starbucks on every corner. Why do we need more in Disney World?

Really disappointed with this decision!!! :( I always have to stop here at least once when we're there. They have such good egg, ham and cheese croissants as well as danish's. This is sad!! :sad:

NOT HAPPY!

I agree with the pp about Starbucks at DTD. that would be fine and more appropriate. But I am shocked and DISGUSTED that they would close main street bakery out of all places for Starbucks. Like really? Starbucks? Main Street Bakery out of all things? why? I have no words. What the heck are they doing?

Sent from my Galaxy SII

This is about the most discouraging thing I have read about WDW ever. Main Street USA is supposed to be a special place, a trip back to a world that doesn't exist anymore. Now we can walk down that special street and see the exact same corporate-branded store we see on every street corner at home. What a blight on Walt's fantasy world. What in the world would make me want to go intoo a shop on Main Street and get the exact same thing I could get any morning at home? I absolutely hate this idea. I can't believe I will never again get one of those fantastic cinnamon rolls.

Love it - finally some good coffee. BTW....I suspect those that are worried will be pleasantly surprised based on version that I went to at DCA this past summer.

I'm actually beyond excited that Starbucks is finally coming to WDW especially to the MK! I'm fairly positive they will still continue to sell Disney pastries... Finally I can drink coffee while at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter