New blog on Tokyo Disney Resort

New Blog Post.

The only buffet style restaurant in TDS. Check out the food on offer at this beautiful themed restaurant. Bon Voyage!!!

http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com/2014/05/28/sailing-day-buffet/

Great entry. We haven't eaten there yet but may need to on a future trip.

So I see you are a lover of ice cream. How was the self serve ice cream there? Sometimes I find soft serve ice cream machines at buffets to be so-so. They always seem more watery than creamy.

I have not seen A4 paper as a choice before where I purchase printer paper, do you have a specific place where you purchase it? I so appreciate your kind support ;)

I purchased mine through Amazon. I have almost a whole package left; if you want me to send some your way, I'd be happy to-- just shoot me a PM!

I am staying at a official resort hotel, (Hilton Tokyo Bay) and one of the benefits DOES say guaranteed admission to the parks so I may wait! Especially knowing that school is not out yet :) We will be at the Park Tues, Wed and Thurs too, to try to minimize the crowding. I signed on to double check my ressies at the Hilton on tuesday and found a 50% off sale for the "happy magic" rooms with daily breakfast. I rebooked my room and saved $70 per night and added a daily breakfast buffet! I was sooo doing the happy dance!!! Oh, Wifi? I was thinking of renting MIFI and cell phones for the trip ... I've seen some reviews, but anyone have any personal recommendations? I can hardly believe it's almost here and that my son is graduating high school (this is his grad gift).

We rented MiFi from Global Advanced Communications. It was the highest speed option, 17 days rental, about $90. It was waiting for us at our first hotel check-in and we dropped it in the mail as we left Narita. Easy and simple. We used our iPhones, cellular data turned off, and communicated with home via text and Facebook.

Thanks for all the great feedback. Thanks for offering to share the A4 paper! But it look like I can wait till I get there because of the hotel. And thank you for the feedback on the MIFI and cell service. I was looking at the Global communication company because of how fast their website says their MIFIs are but ...it is really nice to get confirmation of the ease and speed.... I think I'm going with them!

More happy news for me! I actually have a cell that my employer pays for and I checked it out with our IT department and they are going to be kind enough to pay for a month of an international calling for me ...I just have to turn my data off while I'm there and rely on the wifi for email etc.... They have confirmed it will work in Japan and sent me an email on how to connect to their network once I get there! I have gotten some $ breaks with some of the costs if this trip lately, feeling pretty lucky!

I have already decided based on what I read that we are each (my son and I) bringing only a carry on and a small backpack. Oh and a compact duffle to tote home souvenirs! We can do laundry in our hotel in Kyoto (after the 4 days at disney) and it seems like traveling light is the way to go with their transportation system. It will be hard to leave some of my disney wear at home. LOL

Great entry. We haven't eaten there yet but may need to on a future trip.

So I see you are a lover of ice cream. How was the self serve ice cream there? Sometimes I find soft serve ice cream machines at buffets to be so-so. They always seem more watery than creamy.

It was pretty good. Better than a lot of soft serve ice cream that I have tried in other buffets. It was creamy. I liked it!!!

I work for an airline and my daughter and I were planning to take a short trip next week and arrive on Thursday the 19th and hit the parks on Friday & Saturday. I started looking up Tokyo Disney tips and I came across your blog and I pretty much read the whole thing! And then I decided to look on the DIS and I found you here! It’s a small world…;)

But after reading some of these comments I’m a little nervous. I know nothing about this A4 paper and I’m not staying a Disney hotel! Do you think we’ll get in?? I’m staying at a hotel fairly near DLR and we plan to be there early. I’d planned on buying tickets online but it looks like I can’t now. I’d hate to get all the way there and not be able to get in! If we arrive late on the 19th, could we possibly buy advance tickets for the next day? I’m so nervous now! Any thoughts?

seaskyABI said:
I was never able to work up the courage to try the Soda Popcorn.
I did try the Corn Potage Popcorn though. It was...interesting. Haha.
I wasn't expecting it to be so sweet. I think I'll be sticking to Black Pepper.

You were smart not to try the soda popcorn. It was the worst, even my kids hated it. Curry was by far our favorite.

But after reading some of these comments I’m a little nervous. I know nothing about this A4 paper and I’m not staying a Disney hotel! Do you think we’ll get in?? I’m staying at a hotel fairly near DLR and we plan to be there early. I’d planned on buying tickets online but it looks like I can’t now. I’d hate to get all the way there and not be able to get in! If we arrive late on the 19th, could we possibly buy advance tickets for the next day? I’m so nervous now! Any thoughts?

You will be fine. This time of year is actually one of the lesser crowded times of the year. Japanese schools don't get out until the middle of July so that is when the crowds will pick up for the summer. If you wanted to you could buy tickets the night before (up until 9pm) you can: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/ticketcenter/index.html. Although you would be fine buying them the next morning as well. The heat and humidity is starting to pick up though so it will probably be warm next week. Enjoy your trip.

You will be fine. This time of year is actually one of the lesser crowded times of the year. Japanese schools don't get out until the middle of July so that is when the crowds will pick up for the summer. If you wanted to you could buy tickets the night before (up until 9pm) you can: http://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/ticketcenter/index.html. Although you would be fine buying them the next morning as well. The heat and humidity is starting to pick up though so it will probably be warm next week. Enjoy your trip.

Whew! Thank you so much – I feel much better about it now! We plan to do DisneySea on Friday and DL on Saturday. I’m so excited!!

I found the soda popcorn to be oddly addictive. The first bite I thought it was gross; unlike anything I'd ever tasted before. I took a second bite to try and figure out what I was tasting. By the third bite it was growing on me. I ended up getting a refill of it. I would describe the flavor as green apple and hairspray.

Wow, looks like there are mixed reactions to the Soda popcorn. This is interesting. You know what`s crazy SeaskyABI and planningjollyholiday? I`ve never actually tried Black Pepper popcorn and Curry popcorn. I`m going to have to on my next trip to TDR.

Tracer00: I second what MulkilteoSailor said. It`s gonna be packed on Saturday though. Plan to visit Pooh`s Hunny Hunt early. Have a great trip!!!

TipsyTraveler: LOL!!! Green apple and hairspray!!! Hahahaha. I`m laughing so hard now, you have no idea!!!

NEW BLOG POST!!!

A comfortable, clean, CHEAP hotel that`s located close to the parks.

http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/hotel-mystays-maihama/

Wow, looks like there are mixed reactions to the Soda popcorn. This is interesting. You know what`s crazy SeaskyABI and planningjollyholiday? I`ve never actually tried Black Pepper popcorn and Curry popcorn. I`m going to have to on my next trip to TDR.

Tracer00: I second what MulkilteoSailor said. It`s gonna be packed on Saturday though. Plan to visit Pooh`s Hunny Hunt early. Have a great trip!!!

TipsyTraveler: LOL!!! Green apple and hairspray!!! Hahahaha. I`m laughing so hard now, you have no idea!!!

NEW BLOG POST!!!

A comfortable, clean, CHEAP hotel that`s located close to the parks.

http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/hotel-mystays-maihama/

Thanks for the new blog post!

Do you have any idea how MyStays Maihama is for English-speaking visitors? We're thinking about a return trip sometime next year, and this hotel is definitely on our list of possibilities. While I know a bit of Japanese, I fear I'd be lost at a hotel where not speaking the language fluently would be a problem.

Thanks for the new blog post!

Do you have any idea how MyStays Maihama is for English-speaking visitors? We're thinking about a return trip sometime next year, and this hotel is definitely on our list of possibilities. While I know a bit of Japanese, I fear I'd be lost at a hotel where not speaking the language fluently would be a problem.

You shouldn`t have any problems Mousequake. They know enough English to communicate a check in or breakfast or where`s the nearest convenience store kinda thing. No worries there.

I would describe the flavor as green apple and hairspray.

:rotfl2: whew glad I didn't try it. We played it safe and stuck with caramel, honey, sea salt, soy sauce & butter, honey, strawberry and honey. Did I mention the honey? It was so good! I wish they would do popcorn buckets at WDW. We had fun searching for different flavors and it's a great snack (especially for little kids).

:rotfl2: whew glad I didn't try it. We played it safe and stuck with caramel, honey, sea salt, soy sauce & butter, honey, strawberry and honey. Did I mention the honey? It was so good! I wish they would do popcorn buckets at WDW. We had fun searching for different flavors and it's a great snack (especially for little kids).

I LOVE HONEY!!! It is one of my favorites. They don`t have popcorn buckets in WDW? The last time I was there was in 2000, so I can`t recall. Next time, you should try the Corn Potage one here in TDL.

NEW BLOG POST!!!

"In fact, I felt like someone stole my wallet after leaving this place." An honest review of another dining experience in TDR. KM is getting feisty.

http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/character-breakfast-at-crystal-palace-restaurant/

"In fact, I felt like someone stole my wallet after leaving this place." An honest review of another dining experience in TDR. KM is getting feisty.

Harsh but fair. ::yes::

I tried this out last year, and couldn't understand why the need to make everyone line up and then walk them one group at a time through the 'buffet' where they give you a standard line up of food. And such mediocre food at that...

Although I have to say, the characters were much more generous when I visited. Rabbit dropped by my table twice, and he became my favourite character. Never thought I'd say that! Pooh was obviously the crowd favourite and just dropped in, dropped out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter