New blog on Tokyo Disney Resort

teslascar

Mouseketeer
Hey there peeps of Disboards. I`ve recently moved to Tokyo and decided to start an unofficial blog about Tokyo Disney Resort. I plan to do a lot more write ups as I visit the park more often. My goal for this blog is to provide unbiased information to everyone visiting the resort. I hope that you guys will enjoy it and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Blog: http://konnichiwamickey.wordpress.com/

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/KonnichiwaMickey

When are you coming Donald Quackers and how long are you going to be here in Japan? How long will you be in TDR?

I haven't made any solid plans yet - it has to wait until next year, as I already have things booked for this year.

At first I was looking at April-May, trying to avoid Golden week, I don't want to go at a busy time...I'm also waiting on a friend who has lived in Japan, hoping to go with him.

Love your latest entry! When you say that one time you picked your meal with your eyes closed - was it really that random?? After dining there so many times I'm sure you had the menu memorised :-)

And the great desserts in Ikspiari - any recommendations? I'm visiting in November (for the first time, can't wait!)

Donald Quackers: Nice, what have you planned for this year? Any Disney involved? April and May at the resort is not bad. Nice weather. Wait times are not bad either as long as you don't travel during Golden Week and the weekends. Will it be your first time to Tokyo Disney Resort?

FireflyFi: Hey there FireflyFi. It was really random. My memory isn't that good with the amount of alcohol I consume, so yeah. It was definitely not memory. ; ) I think I had the steak or fish that time. Couldn't really remember. It was really good though. Angelina in Ikspiari is not bad. The crepes at Folleti Gerutta are not bad either. Folleti Gerutta is just beside the Disney store in Ikspiari. I really like the volcano in The Rainforest Cafe. First time to TDR?!! You will have a ball of a time. How long are you planning to visit the resort and where will you be staying?

tinibee: Thank you so much. I appreciate the comment. I am glad you enjoyed the song. Arigatou gozaimasu!!! More posts to come in the near future!!!

Making notes...!

I'm planning on staying three nights and visiting four days. Maybe more days there, but the plan is to visit Tuesday to Friday to hopefully get the quietest days :-) so if I extend it'll be into the weekend....

And because the hotels are so eye wateringly expensive I'll probably stay at the sunroute.

Four days is really good FireflyFi. Tuesday to Friday will be good. You will get to see a lot in 4 days. Plan ahead though. Be sure to get Fastpasses for Pooh's Hunny Hunt (TDL) and Toy Story Mania (TDS) when you first enter the parks. Fastpasses for this two attractions are likely to be the first ones to run out.

I've stayed at Sunroute three times now. Really nice hotel. It's really convenient and it is the most affordable one among all the Official Hotels. If you don't mind walking a little and staying in smaller rooms, you could also try Hotel Mystays Maihama (Walking distance to parks) or Hotel Mystays Shin-Urayasu (A bus ride away)

Enjoy the trip!!! I am super excited for you!!!

Donald Quackers: Nice, what have you planned for this year? Any Disney involved? April and May at the resort is not bad. Nice weather. Wait times are not bad either as long as you don't travel during Golden Week and the weekends. Will it be your first time to Tokyo Disney Resort?

FireflyFi: Hey there FireflyFi. It was really random. My memory isn't that good with the amount of alcohol I consume, so yeah. It was definitely not memory. ; ) I think I had the steak or fish that time. Couldn't really remember. It was really good though. Angelina in Ikspiari is not bad. The crepes at Folleti Gerutta are not bad either. Folleti Gerutta is just beside the Disney store in Ikspiari. I really like the volcano in The Rainforest Cafe. First time to TDR?!! You will have a ball of a time. How long are you planning to visit the resort and where will you be staying?

tinibee: Thank you so much. I appreciate the comment. I am glad you enjoyed the song. Arigatou gozaimasu!!! More posts to come in the near future!!!

I was already planning to avoid Golden Week, and maybe use the weekend to tour Tokyo.

It would be my first time to Japan period, and I'm still hoping to get a friend to come along that knows some Japanese (he lived there for about 3 years).

I want to check out Akihabara, the Ghibli museum (read about a tour that one can get to go out there), and after that, I'm not sure, maybe a temple or two.

I just thought of laying it out this way:

7 days:
Day 1: Arrive, push through the lag and try to get some touring in
Day 2: Touring Tokyo/Akihabara or Ghibli
Day 3: DisneySea
Day 4: Disneyland
Day 5: open (most likely more DisneySea)
Day 6: open (combo of DisneySea and Disneyland)
Day 7: Depart

teslascar said:
Four days is really good FireflyFi. Tuesday to Friday will be good. You will get to see a lot in 4 days. Plan ahead though. Be sure to get Fastpasses for Pooh's Hunny Hunt (TDL) and Toy Story Mania (TDS) when you first enter the parks. Fastpasses for this two attractions are likely to be the first ones to run out.

Enjoy the trip!!! I am super excited for you!!!

Your blog has been really helpful in listing what has fast passes and single rider lines, so I'll be sure to sit down and make a plan before I leave :-) thanks!

Donald Quackers: Sounds like a great plan. If you need any advice on your trip, feel free to ask. You will have a ball of a time for sure.

Wiigirl: Thank you so much. Appreciate it.

FireflyFi: I am glad that you found the information helpful. I'll be updating the blog with posts weekly. Do check back for more tips on TDR. If you have any questions about your trip, feel free to ask.

Thanks a bunch everyone. Appreciate the feedback and comments.

Thank you DreamSweetsLove. More updates to come really soon. Stay tuned and thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter