Nemesis Challenge 2

I'm ok with Team:Bacon!

mr_bacon_running.gif

But I Really liked where you were going with your logo.​

I'm still using my logo for my shirt at least!

Ok two quick serious questions.

1) Is it bad to run outside in the winter??? I like the cold and would prefer to run outside.But I always see people saying the cold weather makes them run inside on treadmill. I would much rather run in the nice cold brisk air.

2) How much do you think my wed nights shooting pool and drinking Yuenglings will affect my training.I don't really have to quit drinking do I ? Cutting back should be good enough right (please say yes) ?

1) Is it bad to run outside in the winter??? I like the cold and would prefer to run outside.But I always see people saying the cold weather makes them run inside on treadmill. I would much rather run in the nice cold brisk air.

2) How much do you think my wed nights shooting pool and drinking Yuenglings will affect my training.I don't really have to quit drinking do I ? Cutting back should be good enough right (please say yes) ?

1) I honestly think I am going to start running outside to. I think if you are doig it properly, you build up a sweat and the cold wont bother you. I don t think there would be any adverse affects. But that's just my opinion. But I can't possibly think of a reason not to... If you can handle the cold.

2) I don't think a little beer once a week will hurt anyone. Again.... Not a Dr. but I can't see it being an issue... Hell knows I ain't given it up.

DisneyDadC said:

I've been running outside in the Chicago winter without any issues. Probably wouldn't do it below 20 degrees or so though. And if you had to quit drinking beer to run then I would have never started!

There was an article in runners world this month about running in the cold weather. The article is linked below.http://www.runnersworld.com/cold-weather-running/fast-workouts-cold-weather There aren't any issues with running in the cool weather but you want to warm up longer to keep from injuring yourself.

I don't think you have to quit drinking. Running tends to make me watch what I eat more though. My weight fluctuates about 10 pounds and I definitely notice that there is more wear and tear on my joints and it is harder running when I am on the heavier end of the scale. While running is good exercise a typical 3 mile jog is going to only burn 3 or 4 hundred calories. Its really easy for me to sit down and consume enough bacon to more than counteract that if I'm not being conscious of what I eat.

Great Advice. It was good seeing you before the full. I wish I had waited to head to the corrals. The walk only took 20 minutes not the hour plus it took on Saturday. Looks like you hit pretty close to your goal time. I was way off mine. Are you up for a 2015 Goofy challenge? I know I won't be able to resist the anniversary medal.

Awesome meeting up with you too Ryan. The walk to the corral was pretty quick! By the way, did the fireworks at the start this year seem smaller than previous years? Maybe I just am forgetting, but I thought they use to put on a bigger show?:confused3

I was happy with my time, given the temps. I started picking up my pace at mile 10 to try and break 4 hrs, but at about mile 18 the heat and humidity made me rethink it and I dialed back. It was a bit off my pr, but I don't really care, it was fun! You had it tough running in that heat 3 days in a row!

#1- Not really. Like Ryan said, take it slower at first to warm up, and be mindful of your footing. Hitting a patch of ice can ruin a run pretty quick.

#2- Seriously? After all the beer we had together last weekend, you're asking if you can still drink beer and run? Did I not teach you anything??? :confused3

Awesome meeting up with you too Ryan. The walk to the corral was pretty quick! By the way, did the fireworks at the start this year seem smaller than previous years? Maybe I just am forgetting, but I thought they use to put on a bigger show?:confused3

I was happy with my time, given the temps. I started picking up my pace at mile 10 to try and break 4 hrs, but at about mile 18 the heat and humidity made me rethink it and I dialed back. It was a bit off my pr, but I don't really care, it was fun! You had it tough running in that heat 3 days in a row!

#1- Not really. Like Ryan said, take it slower at first to warm up, and be mindful of your footing. Hitting a patch of ice can ruin a run pretty quick.

#2- Seriously? After all the beer we had together last weekend, you're asking if you can still drink beer and run? Did I not teach you anything??? :confused3

This was the first year that I remember them shooting fireworks off back by c and D. The show back there seemed bigger than the ones up front. It was really strange to have to watch the fireworks going off above the starting and then turn around to see the fireworks being shot off behind you before starting to run.

One of the guys running the marathon with me were really struggling too. One of the guys was injured but we tried to stay together as long as possible. That really dragged our splits down. My mile 24 split was 7:40 so we could have pushed it harder.

Running outside in the cold is not bad, i just really cant do it, but some people say its actually good for you...

You dont have to give up the brew, just cut back some......

1) Nothing wrong with it, I usually enjoyed running outside as well as it is not slippery. Hopefully I'll feel strong enough to get off the treadmill and onto the pavement soon.

2) While skipping the beer would speed up weight loss, you need carbs to keep your energy up. Cut down a little and enjoy your Wednesday nights.:thumbsup2

Actually jog/walked 2 miles today in 33 minutes. Knee felt OK, but I could feel the areas of weakness. Getting closer to that 16 minute mile, at least the first 2.:cool1:

This was the first year that I remember them shooting fireworks off back by c and D. The show back there seemed bigger than the ones up front. It was really strange to have to watch the fireworks going off above the starting and then turn around to see the fireworks being shot off behind you before starting to run.

I was confused by that too. I watched the fireworks at the start. Then they stopped, but I kept hearing them and seeing them on the video board. I assumed it was some kind of delay in the video or just the echo of the booms. Then I turned around from my spot in corral B and saw the fireworks behind me.

Team Steve/Carl are now accepting applications for a trainer.Applications will be taken via private message.we will announce our trainer when the time is right.All those interested please apply. Multiples will be accepted !! As you will have your work cut out for you.
I know the pay isn't high but am offering a free Dole Whip, Pretzel and Beer for those selected.
This should get us the the kind of trainers we need

If I was going during a marathon I would offer to be a trainer, I'm not a runner and I sure would not tell you to cut back on drinking, But I hate to loose and I'm from NJ:lmao:, so with that and the specially designed suit you would be wearing that let out some kind of surprise to make you run a little harder, from time released Icy Hot to strategically placed shock therapy that goes off every so often, you would finish in record time, at the end of the race when they ask how does it feel to finish the race in record time, the only answer you would be able to give is I'm Alive:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

If nothing else you could probably win Killer Karaoke, you would be able to withstand any challenge Steve O could come up with

As far as winter running - the tips I've heard is to dress as if the weather was 20° warmer that it actually is. Moisture wicking material is even more important in the cold - getting that sweat away from your body is key. But most of all - watch out for ice. I do most of my runs at night after the kids have been tucked into bed, which means it's quite dark out. A small patch of ice black ice can set you back a month or more in training if you hit it wrong. Shorten your stride and keep your feet lower to the ground to decrease the chance of slippage.

As far as winter running - the tips I've heard is to dress as if the weather was 20° warmer that it actually is. Moisture wicking material is even more important in the cold - getting that sweat away from your body is key. But most of all - watch out for ice. I do most of my runs at night after the kids have been tucked into bed, which means it's quite dark out. A small patch of ice black ice can set you back a month or more in training if you hit it wrong. Shorten your stride and keep your feet lower to the ground to decrease the chance of slippage.

Thanks. I'll remember that but I doubt I'll be running outside until spring.

hey we can always run this thing Hash style... I got some buds that are Hash House Harriers , downing a beer at each mile....

:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter