• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need to be held accountable LOL

LOL my sister is having buyers remorse already!! She wants a vacation but doesnt want the bills after the vacation. She doesnt play cards either :) but we are going to have a good time!! We dont have many shows during the week we are there it seems everyone is off LOL we are going to a couple local shows that run nightly so that will be lots of fun. We are staying at the Stratosphere. Hoping to do some of the rides on top of the tower and do the super stars show there. We have a spa day planned. And coincidentally friends of ours will be there at the same time so we are meeting them for lunch one day. We should have a good time even though she doesnt gamble LOL.

I have been good this week with my eating and lost 3 lbs :) finally!!! I just hope I can keep to your great advice in Vegas LOL so I can lose more. All those Buffets i may get into trouble out there :) But hoping all the walking will balance things out.

Good for you :banana: A 3lb loss!!!!! :yay: :woohoo:

I have not weighed buck naked :eek: but I figure I'm up about 4 lbs still from Christmas. I am really having a hard time getting those off. But yesterday at the store I realized the light yougurt I've been having I can do better by getting the "carb master" yougurt, it has 1/3 the low sugar as the light :thumbsup2

Today the wind chill was 7 below so we stayed in all day. No way can you do outdoor walking in that kind of weather. I do think that's my biggest problem, not so much the eating as it is the exercise. I need to do something that makes me sweat & burn calories. Jan is a really buzy month for me work wise so I've got to resolve to get moving.

I need to be held accountable :rotfl:

Hope you & your sister have a good time on your trip. Sounds like you've got plenty to do without the gambling anyway. Your sister sounds more like me, I'm not much of a gambler either. Have a good trip :goodvibes

Thank you we leave Saturday I have been packed since Tuesday :) I am so excited about going. Just not looking forward to the flight. Hoping the seat belt fits @_@ if not extender it is, but I would rather not :D But I cant wait to sit and relax infront of a nice deal or no deal slot machine or maybe a super jackpot party machine or maybe monopoly hmmm how will i decide LMAO. I love those penny slots!! You can put in $20 and play for a couple hours. No worries and its so much fun!! My sister is excited now that we are closer to leaving.
So I am sick yesterday and today :( hope I get better before saturday but My guess is Im losing weight LOL. Im sure not the best way but at least its a boost in the right direction. :)

Well I got some exercise this week clearning the driveway of snow twice :goodvibes but I still have 4 lbs from Christmas left to get off & then I'll be back to where I was.

I'm thinking about trying Dr.Phil's 17 day diet he had on his show. Have you heard of it? I may go to the bookstore to get the book & see if I can supplement what I've learned on South Beach by combining the 2.

Hope you're having fun in Vegas :cool1:

I had a great time in Vegas I won around $1500!! That right there made the trip lol. We had a great time and I gained my usual 10lbs working on losing them now!! We stayed at the Stratosphere and used open top busses to tour all over Las Vegas. We went to Coyote Ugly in New york New York Hotel and we saw an impersonator show at our hotel that had Elvis, Micheal Jackson, Charlie Daniels, Lady Gaga, and Carrie Underwood the guys were great the girls were just ok but the show was great over all. We went to Tht Thunder Down Under a Male Strip show that was entertaining lol. We ate at Hard Rock Cafe and NASCAR Cafe, and many other places lol. There was a little diner in our hotel called Roxys its a 50s themed place and the waiters and waitresses sing 50s songs it was my sisters favorite. We had a spa day I got a manicure , pedicure and facial. She got a body massage and a facial. That was a really relaxing day. Over all I had a great time we walked alot so I got my exercise there believe me lol. I just need to get my butt back on the treadmill now that im back home. Need to shed some lbs!!! I want to be in shape for August when we go to Disney for 11 days I need to be able to walk every day with everyone else. so im going to try for 2 miles a day on the tredmill to get in shape for August!!

Wow, $1500! Lucky you :goodvibes SOunds like you had a great time. I would've loved to see the Elvis & M.Jackson impersonators. The strip club & 50's diner sounds fun too, as well as the spa treatments. I hope your sister enjoyed herself :)

I have most of my Christmas weight off finally. I've really had a rough time of it, 1 more pound to go & I'm finally back to where I was before we went to Disney in August :rolleyes1 I have to keep thinking to myself though that I have still lost & maintained getting 37 lbs off since April. For me, that is no small accomplishment. But I need to exercise to get more off.

My DH went to the Dr & since last Jan, in one year, he has dropped 71 lbs!!!! It's like I have a new man :rotfl: He has joined a 6 weeks challenge at work for cardio work outs so he has really done a great job in getting himself active. That he can keep up with that gang, he's one of the oldest in the group but I'm really proud of him :love: I'd keel over of exhaustion trying to keep up with him now :laughing:

So you're going to WDW in August? That's when we usually go :idea: I don't know if it's in the cards for us to go again this year but it would be grand to go when you do. We could certainly meet at one of the bars for a drink or something. ANyway, probably not going to happen this year for us since we have a family wedding out of town that we'll most likely do our vacation around since we'll have to be traveling for that. I'm lucky to get my DH out of town once a year generally :upsidedow

So how's the treadmill motivation? Have you started back up? We're on day 3 of school cancelation with this ice storm that hit Ohio so I'm now seeing how convenient it is to have an INDOOR exercise program in place :lmao:

Wow, $1500! Lucky you :goodvibes SOunds like you had a great time. I would've loved to see the Elvis & M.Jackson impersonators. The strip club & 50's diner sounds fun too, as well as the spa treatments. I hope your sister enjoyed herself :) LOL she said 75 % - 25% she didnt like waiting for the buses we always seemed to miss the first bus lol so wed have to wait a half hour. and she couldnt sleep at night due to the time change and my snoring:lmao: But the 75% she had a great time!!

I have most of my Christmas weight off finally. I've really had a rough time of it, 1 more pound to go & I'm finally back to where I was before we went to Disney in August :rolleyes1 I have to keep thinking to myself though that I have still lost & maintained getting 37 lbs off since April. For me, that is no small accomplishment. But I need to exercise to get more off.Youre doing way better than I am I need to get back on the tredmill I havent been on it since my trip but in my defence I have been cleaning my house instead :) getting the cleaning bug lol.

My DH went to the Dr & since last Jan, in one year, he has dropped 71 lbs!!!! It's like I have a new man :rotfl: He has joined a 6 weeks challenge at work for cardio work outs so he has really done a great job in getting himself active. That he can keep up with that gang, he's one of the oldest in the group but I'm really proud of him :love: I'd keel over of exhaustion trying to keep up with him now :laughing:

So you're going to WDW in August? That's when we usually go :idea: I don't know if it's in the cards for us to go again this year but it would be grand to go when you do. We could certainly meet at one of the bars for a drink or something. ANyway, probably not going to happen this year for us since we have a family wedding out of town that we'll most likely do our vacation around since we'll have to be traveling for that. I'm lucky to get my DH out of town once a year generally :upsidedowWell thats to bad it would have been great to finally meet you :D We could have had a wonderful time together.

So how's the treadmill motivation? Have you started back up? We're on day 3 of school cancelation with this ice storm that hit Ohio so I'm now seeing how convenient it is to have an INDOOR exercise program in place :lmao:

SO my doctor said I need to lose weight or else I'm in danger of Diabetes so guess I really need to cheange my eating and exercise more for my health rather than just for me :) I will be getting a blood test done soon to help decide weather I already have it or if I will soon :(( So thats my news I have lost my weight from vegas which is great but I need to lose alot more now :)

I also need to start "training" for my trip in August LOL so that helps motivate me :)

SO my doctor said I need to lose weight or else I'm in danger of Diabetes so guess I really need to cheange my eating and exercise more for my health rather than just for me :) I will be getting a blood test done soon to help decide weather I already have it or if I will soon :(( So thats my news I have lost my weight from vegas which is great but I need to lose alot more now :)

I also need to start "training" for my trip in August LOL so that helps motivate me :)

I'm sorry I've been MIA - life has gotten hectic lately :eek: Have you heard back from the Dr? I sure hope you haven't develped diabetes, that's a rough chronic condition to have to live with I know from having friends & relatives that have to deal with it. ANytime a person is over weight, there's that possibility of getting it, is that where your dr. is coming from or has he/she said your danger is more specific than just having extra weight? I mean, do you have any family history or other red flags other than the weight issue?

We know weight adds risk factors to a lot of problems but not every thing that happens is because of excess weight. I have relatives who are normal weights that have high BP &/or high chlosetral so it's not JUST extra weight that causes every problem. I hope your Dr. isn't trying to scare you into losing weight? Sounds like not since you're getting blood work, but I know from experience I had a Dr. 10 yrs ago, every problem I had I knew in advance it would be "because of your extra weight" It got old, I switched Dr.'s because I felt like he didn't hear anything else I said.

But I digress, we both DO need to keep on track on our getting this weight off. YOu know when you first blogged about this however long ago we've been posting back & forth that all this weight wasn't going to come off fast (my DH being the exception :rolleyes1 )

So I hope you're not feeling too discouraged & just get back into trying something that you can live with to keep chipping away, pound by pound, to get the weight off you want to lose for you. Because it is for you :hug: and naturally it is going to contribute to your better health. If you try to lose because you MIGHT have an illness, I think you're going to feel a little beat up about it, discouraged, and it'll be hard. So just think in terms no matter what, you're doing it for you. Because you deserve to be the best you that you can be.

You have 6 mos until your trip & that's plenty of time to get back to working on your treadmill & getting a few pounds off. Remember this is a lifestyle change, so chin up friend :goodvibes

Let me know how it goes with your bloodwork :hug:

Well I havent honestly had alot of time to think about anything we had a friend of the family pass away and I had a pampered chef party Saturday. I figured if Im going to be cooking at home and trying not eat out as much I wanted new pots and pans and knives and such so I had a party and got them all at 60% and 50% off :) still expensive but will be well worth it if I cook at home and save $$ that way. So i justified them by not eating out as much LOL which means Ill be eating healthier. I have lost 5 lbs so far cooking at home less grease and less breaded stuff. I can bread my own things if I have to have it :) but Im trying to skip the breading. I am getting excited for the cooking part so im trying to keep myself motivated one way or another.

Since I have been so busy I just got my blood work done on thursday so I dont know how long it will be before I know anything. Hoping she is just wrong and worried about nothing. :) Maybe it was just what I ate the day before kind of thing.

Yes I have 6 months left to try to lose this wieght :) Lets cross our fingers and hop on the tredmill and hope for the best :) after all I do need to keep up with the rest of my husbands family while we are in the parks @_@. So I need to get going 2 miles a day is still my goal. How have you been doing?

Sorry to hear of your family friend :flower3: I have realized I either need to get serious about exercising or get serious with another plan. I've been messing around (although maintaining) for 6 months now. So I was telling DH that if he had been watching for 6mos & lost nothing more, he'd be PO'd about it too. I haven't got to the book store but I want to check into the 17 day diet challange I heard about in January on Dr. Phil. Combining that with my south beach knowledge maybe I can jump start myself back into losing. I admit, I've ventured into more treats than I should have with Christmas & then Valentine's day. But afterwards I'm then get back to working to get off any temporary gain so I guess in addition to maintaining I've been yo-yo-ing. Or it could be that at age 50, getting weight off is simply no easy task anymore. BOttom line, though, I feel better than I did last April with the 37 lbs off. I would really, really like it if I could start losing again tho :confused3

The one good that has come with all the ups & downs of dieting has been finding you on this board - I have truely enjoyed posting back & forth with you & sharing our struggles :hug:

Hi long time no type!! LOL Well I have been bad But am getting ready to start my Disney marathon LOL I have 176 days to get in shape for Disney. This will be my original year goal. I dont think I am going to hit my 100 lbs in 6 months time now but I plan to put a serious dent in this goal. I am adding Wii Fit to my exercise for fun!! I plan on walking 2 miles a day no matter what. I need to be able to keep up with my husbands whole Family. And no scooter!!! (I've cheated at EPCOT before LOL) SOOOOO now that my goal is set here is the fun stuff. LOL
I booked my ADR's Sunday!! I got absolutely everything I wanted and only one had a bad time 7:50PM :( But I will keep working on that one. Here's the run down. Mind you this is for 10 people for the first few days lol.

August 26th - Chef Mickey's - 7:50PM - 10
August 27th - Cinderella's Royal Table - 8:25 AM - 6 (Girls only)
August 28th - Sci Fi Dine In - 11:35 AM - 10
August 29th - Crystal Palace - 5:45 PM - 6 (Me, DH and all the Kids)
August 29th - Captain Jacks - 5:40 PM - 2 ( In Laws Night out)
August 29th - Chef De France - 5:50 PM - 2 (SIL and Boy Friend Night Out)
August 30th - Coral Reef - 7:05 PM - 10

the 31st all of my husbands Family goes home and there are only 4 of use left(my daughter has a friend going with us).

August 31st - Le Cellier - 11:30AM - 4 (they're keeping the same lunch Menu)
September 1st - Planet Hollywood - 5:45 PM - 4 (never been here before)
September 2nd - 50's Prime Time Cafe - 12:05 PM - 4
September 3rd - Liberty Tree Tavern - 6:40 PM - 4
September 4th - Ohana - 5:00 PM - 4 (never been here before)

So I got all the reservations We wanted and we are trying 2 new places!! I am so excited to take my niece to the castle!! This is her first trip to Disney. I want it to be perfect.
I have a Dinner Reservation at Le Cellier for the 31st as well but since the lunch menu is staying the same I will cancel that. I see no reason in using 2 TS credits for my Filet when I can get it for 1TS at Lunch time. And by doing 1TS at lunch it allowed for us to try Ohana as well :) Soooo Excited and proud of myself LOL:dance3:

Hello again - so sorry I have not been posting :goodvibes I help a tax office this time of year so I've been working many hours lately & I'm just so tired when I get home.

Your ADR's all sound wonderful :thumbsup2 I've tried all but Cap't Jacks & Planet HW so I'll be especially excited to hear how you like them. Your trip sounds like sooooo much fun, it makes me miss going to WDW this summer all the more :upsidedow but this year is DH's year so it's looking like it's going to be a beach vacation. Now he has done great getting his weight off, the DR. has told him not to lose more than 10 or 15 more pounds, gee, what'd I give to hear that :laughing: I'm still stuck in my same weight as last Aug, even a couple pounds more. I know now the biggest issue I have is my not exercising so I have to motivate in that area. It's a catch 22, I'm tired when I get home from work & that's when I should exercise, but if I go & get selfish for time for myself, then dinner doesn't get made and the whole night gets thrown off kelter. So I'm really needing to be held accountable here - lol and get myself motivated again.

How's it going for you preparing for your WDW trip & all the walking? Are you enjoying the Wii workout???

To be honest I have been working at my sisters house helping out so I have been tired when I get home too. I havent been exercising either. I will start again on tuesday. I have been cleaning rooms in my home and believe me that gives me quite the work out lol. The Wii has been fun when I can snag it from my daughter. It is helping keep track of my weight loss. (not that I have lost any) I wish I could find my motivation. My blood work came back good I dont have Diabetes. But I do need to keep an eye on my weight so I dont end up with it. I guess thats motivation. But in my defense I have been moving just not on the tredmill :D
Yes I am very proud of my ADR's I think I did well. My inlaws are the ones dining at captain jacks so I wont know how it is personally just word of mouth :D But My father inlaw is picky about his food too so it may be good even if he doesnt think so lol. I cant wait to go, well once I get in shape that is. LOL I am really feeling lazy these days I need warmer weather. I know Im running out of time so I need to get the lead out. Hope we can pull it together and get losing weight together!!

Im so proud of myself I got off the couch and did 1.25 miles on the tredmill today :) yay!! I plan on doing more tomorrow. thought Id share my success :)

:tigger: Hip Hip Hooray for Winnie the Pooh & tigger too :tigger:

Yes I'm being corny but the theme is for you too :cheer2: I'm so glad to hear your good news :yay: First & foremost that your bloodwork came back with a good result! That must be a big weight off your mind. And second to hear you're back on the treadmill. Good girl :goodvibes

I have about 2 more weeks of working too many hours helping the tax office & then hopefully life will slow down to a more normal pace & I can once agin start putting myself first again. I'm with you, looking forward to the weather to warm up so I can motivate getting back outside moving again :thumbsup2

My green thumb is itching to get into some dirt and do some gardening too. I'm thinking it might be easier this year since I have lost in the last year. April 5 will be my one year anniversary starting to get serious about losing weight. I am still a few pounds up but overall I do have more than 30 pounds off. My highest was 38 pounds & I've finally decided my DH has been right about those coveted tortilla chips I like to eat with my mexican dishes. He doesn't eat them, I do. He exercises 5 days a week, I don't. And he's lost twice as much as I so I think I need to get the hint :rolleyes1 What'd you think?

Well, spring will be here soon - we had snow flurries this weekend :scared1: but nothing brings on renewed motivation like warm weather. I'm glad to hear you're getting back to exercising and I need to be like you and get started too. We do tend to have a lot of excuses, don't we :laughing:

I got a spring cold so I'm under the weather :sick: I think I've been working too many hours & this is my body's way of retailating :rolleyes1

How are you doing with the treadmill?

I am finally up and moving on that tredmill every morning!! Only 129 days to go until Disney!! I am sorry I have not been on in a while Spring break makes it crazy at my Day Care. I hope to lose weight and build up my stamina for the walking in the parks. :)

Hello out there! I'm so sorry I have not posted in ages!! I hope you are doing okay. Are you still out there????? popcorn::

Finally I started moving again. It was a long winter & an even longer, rainy & wet spring. Took my DS & friends to Kings Island yesterday and did so much walking I can hardly move today :eek: I really overdid it but it felt good to get moving again. I've been working a lot of hours & have neglected to take care of myself. So once my legs stop hurting, I will be starting my walking again. Finally the weather has been nice enough for it, even hot.

I hope to see JennGoofy posting soon :goodvibes

I have only 73 days left until my trip and I need to get my butt in gear!! I have been lazzzy!! I miss writing on here and actually reporting progress. I need to move it lol. Im glad to hear you are up and moving again at least one of is.
If I dont get up and do something I will pay for it big time in Disney!! Hope all is well with you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter