• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need to be held accountable LOL

:confused3 Oh I got mixed up when you said your birthday cake wasn't at 1900 Park Fare but they said it'd be at Le Cellier :surfweb:

We haven't tried 1900 Park Fare for dinner, we did b-fast a few times - back in the day when DS cared about seeing the Mad Hatter since he's usually there for the character b-fasts. Were there characters at the dinner for the girls? They used to have villians there for dinner. ANyway, sorry to hear it wasn't so great. As much money as it costs for a meal at WDW you like it to be memorable.

We really like the Sci-Fi atmosphere but always go the safe route by ordering burgers & shakes. Your salad sounded good though. So you mentioned getting 3 FP's for sitting through the Disney vacation club, are you thinking about joining? How long did you have to sit through their speal to get those FP's popcorn::

SOunds like a great day at DHS. Oh, & I loved those potatoes at Chef Mickey's too :cloud9: I had several helpings when we did our dinner there :laughing: We bought a family photo there & it INCLUDED a recipe for those potatoes if you're interested?

I can't believe your cake didn't make it to Le Cellier :confused: Was this one of those fancy speciality cakes they make in the world? I'd have been mad :headache: if I had paid for one of those & TWICE it didn't show up! I hope there's a good story when you finally get to enjoy it popcorn::

GOod grief, all I've commented on was food :rotfl: Well, that is a big part of the fun on a trip, getting to go to all the different restaurants. Oh, I'm glad to hear you got the 10lbs off as soon as you got home :goodvibes

I do feel like I've been more motivated to exercise. I'm getting into a good habit of craving it :thumbsup2 Thursday, on Veterans Day the weather in Ohio was GORGOUS & I was off work in the afternoon. Instead of piddling around home doing nothing, I drove to one of the metro parks for a walk. There were so many people out! ANyway, I hiked the trail & ended up taking about an hour hike. The woods with the fall colors were so pretty. I wish I had taken pictures to post for you to see.

ANyway, I was pretty tired after hiking I'm sure it was over 2.5 miles. Friday I was sore so I rested. Sat DH & I walked about 30 minutes together, it was another pretty day. Then we did some yard work. Today it was nice again but we instead of walking we raked the leaves again plus we cleaned up the leaves for a neighbor so I guess that counts as exercise :yay:

Have a good week & let me know how the rest of your WDW trip went.

Did you ever get the cake??????

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

:confused3 Oh I got mixed up when you said your birthday cake wasn't at 1900 Park Fare but they said it'd be at Le Cellier :surfweb:lol thats ok.

We haven't tried 1900 Park Fare for dinner, we did b-fast a few times - back in the day when DS cared about seeing the Mad Hatter since he's usually there for the character b-fasts. Were there characters at the dinner for the girls? They used to have villians there for dinner. ANyway, sorry to hear it wasn't so great. As much money as it costs for a meal at WDW you like it to be memorable.It was memorable the characters were great the food was just ok.

We really like the Sci-Fi atmosphere but always go the safe route by ordering burgers & shakes. Your salad sounded good though. So you mentioned getting 3 FP's for sitting through the Disney vacation club, are you thinking about joining? How long did you have to sit through their speal to get those FP's popcorn::The salad was awesome this was the second time Ive had it. We are thinking of joaining still talking not sure yet lol. And it was like 2 hours but it saved us many hours in line since we were heading to DHS that day. We recieved 3 instant FPs per person which were totally worth it and the presentation was really interesting for us.

SOunds like a great day at DHS. Oh, & I loved those potatoes at Chef Mickey's too :cloud9: I had several helpings when we did our dinner there :laughing: We bought a family photo there & it INCLUDED a recipe for those potatoes if you're interested?Thank you but if I had the recipe Id make them every day lol and then where would I be ;) Not walking sitting on the couch eating potatoes ;)

I can't believe your cake didn't make it to Le Cellier :confused: Was this one of those fancy speciality cakes they make in the world? I'd have been mad :headache: if I had paid for one of those & TWICE it didn't show up! I hope there's a good story when you finally get to enjoy it popcorn::Yes it was a Haunted mansion cake :) and I was mad but kept it under control since I was at Le Cellier ;)

GOod grief, all I've commented on was food :rotfl: Well, that is a big part of the fun on a trip, getting to go to all the different restaurants. Oh, I'm glad to hear you got the 10lbs off as soon as you got home :goodvibesMe to when I got on the scales I almost fell off LOL

I do feel like I've been more motivated to exercise. I'm getting into a good habit of craving it :thumbsup2 Thursday, on Veterans Day the weather in Ohio was GORGOUS & I was off work in the afternoon. Instead of piddling around home doing nothing, I drove to one of the metro parks for a walk. There were so many people out! ANyway, I hiked the trail & ended up taking about an hour hike. The woods with the fall colors were so pretty. I wish I had taken pictures to post for you to see.Proud of you youre doing better than I am :)

ANyway, I was pretty tired after hiking I'm sure it was over 2.5 miles. Friday I was sore so I rested. Sat DH & I walked about 30 minutes together, it was another pretty day. Then we did some yard work. Today it was nice again but we instead of walking we raked the leaves again plus we cleaned up the leaves for a neighbor so I guess that counts as exercise :yay:Yes that counts in my book ;)

Have a good week & let me know how the rest of your WDW trip went.I had a long week I am sorry I havent been on here But I have been walking every day :) just kids had no school for Veterans day and half days Fri and Mon for teacher conferences. I had a crazy few days.

Did you ever get the cake?????? LOL Stay tuned to find out ;)

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

I will write about the rest of my trip in my next post.

DH & I walked to the library today for some exercise together. I can't get over how beautiful the weather has been for November :goodvibes

So about that birthday cake popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

So the next day was Animal Kingdom we went on Dinosaur two times, Abbys friend Kaylee and I went on everest 2 times. We went on the Safari and the lion was up walking around roaring alot lol. That was really cool. We had a great day at Animal Kingdom. Once we completed what we wanted to do there we went back to the hotel to get ready for the Halloween Party :) The Girls went swimming and then they got into costume. Way to cute. Abby was a pirate and Kaylee was Minnie Mouse. The party was awesome. Scott and the girls stood in line for the 7 dwarfs picture. I lined up for the parade for all of us. The crowds were a bit much for the parade but i got front row ;) as usual. The parade is amazing if you ever get a chance to go for Halloween you should. They have the ballroom scene from Haunted Mansion in the parade and Pirates of the Caribbean float. SO worth the ticket price :D We rode Haunted Mansion as close to midnight as we could which was cool. Then we retired for the night.

The next day was our last day and we ate at Cinderellas Castle for Breakfast. The girls met all the Princess's and we had a wonderful Breakfast. Then we spent the rest of the day finishing up the park. And then we had to get ready to head home. NO CAKE :( they dropped the ball big time on the cake. But I wasnt charged for the cake. I was sad but how can you be mad at Disney lol. I got over it.

I have been sooo bad havent walked in a week I have no excuses other than laziness. I have only one week before my cruise so I have to walk so I wont tire so fast on the cruise. :) wish me luck I need motivation :)

You are too lucky - I have never seen the safari lion do anything but lay on his side, usually looking away :lmao:

Parade sounds cool :goodvibes B-fast at castle is always fun. SOunds like you had a great time.

I can't believe they forgot your cake!!! At least it wasn't for one of the girls, that probably would've been harder to get over. But sounds like you were a good sport about it. Sounds like you had a great time no matter.

And now it's about time for your cruise! Girl, you must be livin' right!!! :dance3:

I have fit in several walks, the weather in Ohio has been amazing this November. We've had a few really rainy days, today being one of them. I haven't weighed since about a week before Thanksgiving. You know how you can tell the scales are just about to go down a smidge? DOn't know if that makes sense - lol - but I can always tell when I'm on the brink of a loss. ANyway, it was like that before Thanksgiving so I've been afraid to weigh since :lmao: Ignorance is bliss, right?

We had a lovely Thanksgiving, I had potatoes, dressing & dessets - those were my indulgences. But I've walked a few times since & back on the wagon this week. I may weigh in before the weekend starts, that way I'll have T-giving a week behind me.

DH weighed the next day & had gained 4 lbs :scared1: So he did a 5 mile run Sat - he's so dedicated :cutie: He's got it all back off so I'm just hoping I have too. I just can't drive myself crazy being slave to the scales. I prefer to go on how I feel & I have to say, I've been feeling pretty good :woohoo:

Have a great cruise & I can't wait to hear all about it popcorn:: popcorn::

You are too lucky - I have never seen the safari lion do anything but lay on his side, usually looking away :lmao:It was really cool and the first time we had seen him move too.

Parade sounds cool :goodvibes B-fast at castle is always fun. SOunds like you had a great time. We did have a great time :)

I can't believe they forgot your cake!!! At least it wasn't for one of the girls, that probably would've been harder to get over. But sounds like you were a good sport about it. Sounds like you had a great time no matter.es I got over it pretty quick thinking about all the calories i saved LMAO lol

And now it's about time for your cruise! Girl, you must be livin' right!!! :dance3:Only 2 more days until my cruise I am super excited I cant wait until we set sail.

I have fit in several walks, the weather in Ohio has been amazing this November. We've had a few really rainy days, today being one of them. I haven't weighed since about a week before Thanksgiving. You know how you can tell the scales are just about to go down a smidge? DOn't know if that makes sense - lol - but I can always tell when I'm on the brink of a loss. ANyway, it was like that before Thanksgiving so I've been afraid to weigh since :lmao: Ignorance is bliss, right? I say just hop on and know for sure You have been doing great its time to reward yourself with a weight loss.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving, I had potatoes, dressing & dessets - those were my indulgences. But I've walked a few times since & back on the wagon this week. I may weigh in before the weekend starts, that way I'll have T-giving a week behind me.

DH weighed the next day & had gained 4 lbs :scared1: So he did a 5 mile run Sat - he's so dedicated :cutie: He's got it all back off so I'm just hoping I have too. I just can't drive myself crazy being slave to the scales. I prefer to go on how I feel & I have to say, I've been feeling pretty good :woohoo:Very proud of you All your dedication. You have been doing way better than I have I have been on again off again :( not so proud of me.

Have a great cruise & I can't wait to hear all about it popcorn:: popcorn::
A whole week no computer or cell phone no outside world :) should be nice and relaxing.

Hope you had a fun time on the cruise. I want to hear all about it popcorn::

I was extra naughty last night. We had a Christmas party & there was food galore. THe only redeeming part was that our group does like to dance so I would guess we danced at least an hour so that burned off calories. But I ate Christmas cookies & some very un-south beach friendly foods. DH was good, he got up yesterday morning & did a 5 mile run. Not me, I was too buzy preparing food. ANyway, at the party someone was telling him how nice he looked & I heard him tell them he's lost over 60 lbs :scared1: So today I was asking him about it & he said he didn't say anything because he knew how frustrated I'd been not getting any more off :lovestruc That was sweet of him & I told him, plus I said I am over not being able to lose as much, he's the one doing the treadmill about 3 miles 5 days a week & I don't exercise nearly that much so naturally he's going to get more off. I'll get mine off eventually, I'm determined :thumbsup2

ANyway, I did finally weigh in a week after Thanksgiving & I had lost another pound which brings my total loss to ALMOST 40 lbs. So now I'm going to have to wait about a week before weighing again after all the bad behavior last night :laughing: But I will say looking at the digital pic's that I do look better now than I did a year ago plus I could dance without keeling over so it's all good :goodvibes

:santa: Merry Christmas!

I have been enjoying the festivities of the month & am determined to get back on track JAN 2 :lmao: I have had too many Christmas cookies, no exercise & avoiding the scales :rolleyes1

Are you back from the cruise yet????? How was it popcorn:: popcorn::

Yes we are back from a wonderful Cruise!!! Sorry I havent written we got thrown right into the Christmas and Birthday scene lol. My daughters 10th birthday is today we had the bowling party Saturday. Now onto Christmas I have been wrapping presents like mad since i ordered all of them before we went on the cruise. I am now finally caught up with life so I have time to type to you :D

I have been very very bad no exercise all last week and none so far this week. I had gained 9 lbs from my cruise @_@ !!! I lost all of them though thank goodness. I am now looking forward to my next trip with my sister to Las Vegas. I need to get walking again so that we can make it a whole week out there. My "excuse" I just didnt have time lol. I do now so I need to get my booty moving again.

Ok the Cruise was amazing!!! My husband and I got to have a couple nights out alone while our daughter went to the kids club. They have adult entertainment (Disney adult entertainment) everynight. They would have family shows earlier in the night then later the adults only show. It worked out great for us. Dinners were amazing, desserts I was good, sort of, I had the samples so i basically got 3 bite size desserts each night. which i thought was better than one huge dessert. I got the big dessert the night they had the lava cake. It was just perfect!! I played Bingo every day lol. I love Bingo. I played trivia (disney and regular) most days and won I have like 5 Disney Im a Winner medallions. My daughter and I won Mickey Mania which is a Disney Trivia game show it was so much fun we won with 600 points, at 50 points a question. lol Did I mention Im a Disney nut?
I cant wait to go on the Maiden Voyage of the Fantasy. They switched the dates of that cruise so now it will be 3/31/12 instead of 4/7/12. It is a whole week earlier, which works for me we will be on the ship for my husbands actual Birthday now.
Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year too. I cant wait to get back in the swing of things I love the holidays but they really throw my routine off.

Sounds like you had a great time! Good for you getting the 9lbs off right away - that's great :thumbsup2 I think if you get back on your groove thing right away it's easier to reverse a week or so of bad behavior. I hope that's going to be the case for me, I did get on the scales one day after we'd already eaten b-fast & I was fully dressed & saw about 6 lbs gain. I haven't weighed in first thing in the morning yet to assess the "true" damage done through all the Christmas eating & partying yet. DH has been off work a few days & we've eaten cookies & all kinds of things that we shouldn't. But DH has been getting up & running in the morning, even Christmas morning. This is why he's lost more than me :lmao: I'm so tired from all the Christmas fun, I'm having a PJ day doing nothing but watching Christmas movies. I enjoyed Christmas so much, as always. Hope you did too. We're off a few more days together & I am getting all siked up for getting back into the groove of good eating & exercising habits come Jan 2. In the meantime, I'm tapering off my naughtiness one day at at time. Got to eat up all the left overs, right :santa: :laughing: :sad2: :santa:

I am so sick :( 101.3 temp yesterday and 99.8 today with runny nose and cough. I havent exercised since my trip :( I think Im on break until i feel better. I need to get walking again for Vegas with my sister. lots of walking out there. Christmas was great other than having my temp. thats all i had yesterday. Today we added the runny nose and cough. Hope I feel better soon this stinks.

I hope you're feeling better by now :sick: It's no fun having a fever. However, if there's an upside, I'm guessing you lost a pound or two :goodvibes

I got on the scales this morning & I've gained 7 lbs - un oh. I can tell too. We're off a few more days for holiday break & then back to the grind, I'm sure that will make a difference. It's just too easy to be naughty with no structure or routine. But at least most of the cookies have been eaten :santa: :rolleyes1 :laughing: :santa:

Do you have any plans for New Year's Eve? (hoping you're feeling better by then :hug: )

I feel alot better no fever now :banana: I have no plans for New Years yet I guess I will wait and see what happens lol. How about you do you have any plans? I think I will begin walking again tomorrow. Now that I can actually breath through my nose.

I am now looking forward to my Las Vegas trip and needing to walk for that and only have 17 days until I leave. I forgot have you ever been to Vegas? What do you like to do there?

Well I hope We both lose weight in the New Year.

:welcome:

I see you are new to the DISboards :wave2: Glad to have you along.

JennGoofy started this thread for us to have a place to come talk about getting motivated to exercise & lose some weight. As you can see if you've read along we tend to get off topic sometimes :rolleyes1

Anyway....tomorrow is Jan 3, the first MONDAY of the year. I've got all my south beach friendly foods ready to start over after a thorougly enjoyable Christmas & New Year's. I've had a few too many cookies & goodies but I'm ready to get back on track! :yay:

I managed to get about 1-2 lbs off since Christmas, so it looks like I've got less than 5 lbs to get off to get back to my pre-Christmas weight. I'm still down over 35 lbs & my goal is to have 50lbs off by our 1yr anniversary on South Beach which will be April 5. Originally I had hoped to have 50 lbs off by August & 100 in a year. I found it to be too much so I readjusted my goal to lose it all still, but take a little longer to do it so I don't crash & burn. I keep telling myself this is a lifetime adjustment so it's okay if it takes a while as long as I stick with it. Thus, our posting back & forth about our struggles.

All the snow has melted so I'll be resuming some walking too. I got new gloves & a nice warm headband for Christmas to use when I do my winter walking.

How about you Jenn? You started walking to get ready for your trip to Vegas? It's coming ups soon isn't it?

Yes I have started walking to get ready for my trip to Vegas However I am a little concerned with my pattern and vacations lol. I go and enjoy myself and gain 10lbs because of all the buffets and stuff, but i lose it really quick when I get home. Im hoping I wont gain 10 lbs this trip, but who knows with Vegas Buffets lol. I am trying to cut back some on my intake before the trip so that it balances out. I leave in 11 days and I am very excited. Driving my sister nuts a little but she should be the one who is super excited this is her first adult vacation and her first one in 15 years. She really needs the vacation. I am mostly excited for her to get out of the area and see another part of the world. Im also a little nervous about going with her since this is her first trip I want her to have a great time and want her to want to go away with me again. I feel like its my job to make her have a great time (I know its up to her). I am still super excited either way. :)

Have a great time on your trip. If your sister likes to play cards she's going to love Vegas :goodvibes

There should be some great entertainment as far as getting to get all dressed up & go out for a show too. I'm sure you will both have fun together, don't pressure yourself about her having fun. Getting to be with you, her sister, will be special in & of itself. So have fun & don't go getting yourselves arrested :lmao: :rotfl: :laughing::laughing:

Play it south beach safe & choose lots of lean meats, cheese, fruits & veggies on the buffets, watch the breads, potatoes, pastas (those kind of carbs) & sweets & hopefully you won't come home with a 10 lbs gain :thumbsup2

I've been reasonably good this week food wise, trying to cut back on the bad carbs & sweets. It's been a little hard weening myself off eating things I know I shouldn't after all the Christmas cookies & goodies. I've been so buzy with activities & need to get back on track with my walking again. It's snowed again but the snow should make for a cold but pretty walk if I can get out there & just do it :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter