Need suggestions for proposing in Disney this week!

My husband proposed to me on our first trip to disney world. He was so excited that he proposed about an hour after we checked into the wilderness lodge. I was glad he did it early on our trip as I was on cloud 9 for the entire stay. Wherever you do it - it will be special!

My husband is not one for a lot of commotion, so he did in a more private area. We stayed at AKL, and he proposed on the sunset balcony savanna at sunset. It was awesome and perfect for us. We were all alone except for a CM he tipped off to take a photo. He had the best timing too. In fact the photo is hanging on my wall and I'm looking at it now. A great memory! And now 11 years later, we have taken our DS to that spot and told him this is where it all began. I still see it as our little piece of disney heaven. But if you want to use it, I will gladly share it with you.LOL.
Where ever you do it will be a great and forever memory you get to share with your future generations. Congrats, you are picking the best place in the world to 'Officially' start your journey together!!!pixiedust:

DF proposed to me right in front of Cinderella Castle. He asked the Photopass guy to get a couple of full-length shots of us, so he was ready when DF got down on one knee. There are some other people in the picture, but all just in the background. For the record, I was completely shocked. I knew he was gonna propose eventually, but I sure didn't expect it in the middle of Magic Kingdom!

I saw a video a couple of years ago where PUSH helped out with a proposal. It was really cute!

Since she is a Beauty & the Beast girl, what about infront of the Beast's castle? Or just do a walk through to check it out and do it in the ballroom inside!

Since she is a Beauty & the Beast girl, what about infront of the Beast's castle? Or just do a walk through to check it out and do it in the ballroom inside!

Maybe Propose in front of the Enchanted ROSE !?! :)

I saw this YouTube video of a guy who proposed to his girlfriend in Cinderella's Royal Suite. He told his fiancé he had arranged a tour. I feel like that's a once in a lifetime experience that would be so special without a ton of people around. Disney might be able to arrange it if you call. Check out the video it's really good!

First, I would do it in the beginning of the trip. This way you are not over thinking it the entire time and she gets to enjoy the feeling of being engaged the whole trip.

Second, make sure the ring is insured before you leave. Adding it to homeowners would be easiest for now.

If you want to use the Beast castle, night might have less people and I bet the pictures would be beautiful. Another option for inside the castle, see if you can get a last minute ADR for after 9pm. Tell her it is so you can share a dessert before fireworks. Propose and then enjoy the fireworks.

At the resorts you can book private time with a photographer. It has to be scheduled but I think the service was free. Maybe the GF/poly? This way you both are dressed nicely/prepared for photos, the photographer knows ahead and knows the most scenic places to take pictures. You can just tell her it is for a Christmas card, photo for your parents, portrait for your house....then surprise her.

Personally, I also like the rose garden idea.

My husband proposed to me on our first trip to disney world. He was so excited that he proposed about an hour after we checked into the wilderness lodge. I was glad he did it early on our trip as I was on cloud 9 for the entire stay. Wherever you do it - it will be special!

My husband did the same thing-about halfway through the trip on my birthday, at dinner at the California Grill. It was very romantic. There are a million and one ways probably, to propose at Disney. I think you have to decide:

a) private or public (photog or not)
b) where it would mean the most to her (probably anywhere) but you mentioned she likes Beauty and the Beast, so maybe by Beast's Castle.

I think anywhere you choose, she will be over the moon-you sound like a very romantic person, so I'm sure it will be perfect. Please update us!

Blend in with the animatronic kids on "It's a Small World" and send her on it alone. When the boat comes by, pop the question.

Send her on the Haunted Mansion alone, and pop up in the attic near the bride to pop the question.

Send her on the Jungle Cruise alone, climb the totem poll and shout the question when the boat goes by.

Send her on The safari alone, ride up on a giraffe and pop the question.

Fly down with tinker bell during the fireworks screaming the question.

:rotfl2:

Have a cannon fire the ring at the boat on POTC.

Man, Disney could make a fortune if they could do these ideas! :lmao:

Later,
Dan

We saw a couple get engaged at California Grill during the MK fireworks. There was a big crowd of us on the observation deck watching the fireworks when he made the proposal surrounded by family and friends.

Twas very nice and I wonder how many of his family and friends knew he was going to propose.

Later,
Dan

Yes please. I'd love to see a shot of the proposal! :)

Outside the grass on the path:
Disney132.jpg

Group photo on the grass:
Disney136.jpg

Disney140.jpg

Disney186.jpg

Disney196.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter