Need suggestions for proposing in Disney this week!

Congratulations to you!
We honeymooned at WDW and at the end of the day at MK, we were slowly strolling out of the park when they played "When You Wish Upon a Star" before turning up the lights. DH asked me for a dance in front of the castle. It was so romantic and we even caught a few bystanders snapping our picture. It was the perfect end to a perfect day and we still dance in front of the castle when we return every year. 10 years and two kids later I still look back on that moment as one of our the most romantic moments. It might be a perfect end to your day and a perfect start for your future!
Best wishes for your engagement and marriage!

Aww, I'm so excited for you and I don't even know you! Good luck, have fun and can't wait to find out how it goes off!

The ring is beautiful, cannot wait to hear all about the proposal!!

More ideas:

Rent a boat at the lagoon then fall out pretending to drown. Come up later acting like you found something--a ring--- pop the question

Grab a turkey leg and take a huge bite into to it then pretend to choke-- spit out the ring from your mouth--- pop the question

Have her ride Expidition Everest alone, and reach out where the yeti is supposed to with the ring--- pop the question

Have her pick out any snow globe she wants, buy it, then drop it on the ground in the street. After it breaks, act like the ring was inside and that you found it--- pop the question

More ideas:

Rent a boat at the lagoon then fall out pretending to drown. Come up later acting like you found something--a ring--- pop the question

Grab a turkey leg and take a huge bite into to it then pretend to choke-- spit out the ring from your mouth--- pop the question

Have her ride Expidition Everest alone, and reach out where the yeti is supposed to with the ring--- pop the question

Have her pick out any snow globe she wants, buy it, then drop it on the ground in the street. After it breaks, act like the ring was inside and that you found it--- pop the question

You had to have been elected class clown in high school!! :rotfl2:

The ring is just beautiful and I am sure she will be very excited no matter what you choose to do.

I have actually watched a few videos of Disney proposals and there are some cute ones. There is one of a couple getting a character picture of them done and the artist wrote "will you marry me" on it so when it was finished and presented to them she freaked. It was cute.

I think a sweet place to do it would be by Cinderella's wishing well. Have her close her eyes and make a wish and when she opens them be on your knee with the ring in your hand.

The beach at the Poly or Grand Floridian during Wishes would be nice too.

There is a carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside. That could be nice if you are wanting something more private.

You really can't mess up here because you will be at Disney. Anything you do will be magical.:)

Good luck!!

Can't wait to hear! Beautiful ring! My DH proposed to me by castle in Dec 2005... Married April 2007... We went back Jan 2008 pregnant with our first son, back in feb 2011, pregnant with second son. Went last September with my terminally ill mother... She passed in April.. We are going again in October & hoping for a princess sometime within the next year... Disney is a very special place for us, as I'm sure it will be for you guys too.

The week has come- so happy for you!! :)))

You had to have been elected class clown in high school!! :rotfl2:

The ring is just beautiful and I am sure she will be very excited no matter what you choose to do.

I have actually watched a few videos of Disney proposals and there are some cute ones. There is one of a couple getting a character picture of them done and the artist wrote "will you marry me" on it so when it was finished and presented to them she freaked. It was cute.

I think a sweet place to do it would be by Cinderella's wishing well. Have her close her eyes and make a wish and when she opens them be on your knee with the ring in your hand.

The beach at the Poly or Grand Floridian during Wishes would be nice too.

There is a carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside. That could be nice if you are wanting something more private.

You really can't mess up here because you will be at Disney. Anything you do will be magical.:)

Good luck!!

This, exactly!pixiedust:

The ring is gorgeous, I can't wait to see the pictures and hear what you chose to do! Congratulations!

The ring is lovely! I would have dinner in France at Epcot and propose while watching Illuminations. That area of the park is nearly as romantic as Paris is.

We just checked into All Star Music. Got stuck in building 3, even though when I did the online registration I tried to get something closer. No biggie. Need the extra walk to burn off the extra calories I'll be putting down haha. Also, soon as we got into the room, I saw that our fridge was one of the ones not working and disconnected. Immediately called the Front Desk and luckily they had one to give us as a replacement. My parents are in the adjoining room, called right after me, and were unsuccessful trying to get one themselves. So as a family we're 50/50 on a working fridge.

Weather is great, and tomorrow looks amazing. News on when I pop the question coming soon! Thanks everyone! :)

-Ron

Hey all, about to leave for a 10 day trip to Disney, and decided to propose to my gf while we're there. She thinks this proposal is months away, but the jeweler will have the ring ready by Friday, and we leave Sunday, sooooo, want some ideas as to where/how/etc. I was gonna call our hotel and ask for some help, but this is the best resource to use. So fire away with suggestions. I'm all ears right now. Just want some outside input to help build my decision. :)

I know I'm late in the game, but I would have LOVED to be proposed to..

1. on the incline of Splash Mountain where it tells you to find your laughing place!!! But may be tricky showing her the ring..she may lose it on the ride down!

2. On the Soaring ride! :) Soaring into a new life together :)

3. At the fireworks at MK...right when Tinkerbell slides down :)

4. On the safari ride in AK...ready for a long trek together :)

Whatever you choose!! WAY TO GO! The ring is gahgeous!! And your parents will be there to help you celebrate :)

Hey all, about to leave for a 10 day trip to Disney, and decided to propose to my gf while we're there. She thinks this proposal is months away, but the jeweler will have the ring ready by Friday, and we leave Sunday, sooooo, want some ideas as to where/how/etc. I was gonna call our hotel and ask for some help, but this is the best resource to use. So fire away with suggestions. I'm all ears right now. Just want some outside input to help build my decision. :)

My sister in law did her renewals at the restaurant in France at Epcot. The rat from Rattitoue brought the ring out for dessert. I would imagine you would have to set it first, call disney and ask them how to do it and get it set up. Have fun and congrats.

This may be too late, but as a Beauty and the Beast girl myself I had to chime in just in case. Watching the fireworks from the path going just past the bridge to Be Our Guest up toward Belle's Village was not only quiet but also one of my favorite spots. If whatever you have planned doesn't pull through then maybe think about doing so there. It's gorgeous at night!

Whatever happens I hope this is a wonderfully magical trip for both of you!!

We're eating now (I'm in line), and the hotel is very busy. Have the ring in my pocket, and we're going to MK soon! Today's the day! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter