Need suggestions for proposing in Disney this week!

Awesome pics! I really like that spot. Need to find it soon as I get there. :)

OK, so I called the Disney Florist today, and the front desk of our hotel. They gave me some of the same ideas I've read here. I'm starting to get a good idea as to how I'll surprise her. However, my gf is tact-sharp, so if I even slightly deviate from my "normality" she'll immediately know something's up. 2.5 years of breaking her balls, jumping out at random and scaring the crap out of her, and always pulling pranks, she's gotten attuned to my behaviors. lol I'm leaning towards the beach at the Grand Floridian near sunset, or the Rose Garden for the shear backdrop of the castle. She loves photo-ops, so it wouldn't be out of the norm to give someone our cameras and phones and ask them to take a lot of pictures. If I can whisper to them what I'm about to do, and to keep a straight face, I can have the iPhone rolling video, and have them shoot a bunch of shots with the dlsr. We rarely use the Photopass people, so if I go out of my way to grab one she might think that's odd of me, and wonder why. Two more days to sleep on this and then I'll make-up my mind. Thank you all again! :)

We arrive on Sunday for 10 days too! When you have a plan, let us know! If we are in MK, I would be happy to video :)

We arrive on Sunday for 10 days too! When you have a plan, let us know! If we are in MK, I would be happy to video :)

Awesome! Thanks! We're staying at All Star Music, and don't get in til about 5:30 PM on Sunday. Normally we go swimming the first night and just relax, but depending on the weather, I might try to get [her] to go with me to visit the Polly or Grand Floridian for their beach settings. If all else fails I'm gonna do it by the Rose Garden Monday morning after breakfast! :)

Congratulations!

I got goosebumps reading this thread--I hope everything goes exactly as you've planned. And please come back to share photos!

Just picked-up the ring. Gonna put a picture up in a minute. The jeweler did a really great job with it. :)

It's kinda cloudy out, but here's a few shots from my phone. The sun would've made it shine better! :)

vegq.jpg

ah6r.jpg

How about calling Disney World ahead of time to see if they will let you propose right before a Hollywood Studio's Beauty & the Beast Show. It will be in front of everyone but you'll be able to get a friend to take pictures and it will be a total surprise.

Best wishes on your engagement, wedding and very happy marriage!!

:thumbsup2

Beautiful ring!! No matter what you do, she'll be so excited!!

Love the ring. I'm sure she'll say YES with that ring!
My DH proposed to me at WDW. He rented a pontoon boat from the GF marina for just the two of us (and the driver). The driver parked our boat just in front of the MK entrance for Wishes. The music was piped in on the boat, and near the finale of the fireworks, DH dropped to a knee with the ring. It was truly magical pixiedust: and was so private it really did feel like the whole production of Wishes was just for us!
Good luck. I'm sure it will be perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter