My first time as a "Grown Up!" March 2011

Okay, it took me a while but I finished your PTR and caught up with your TR.

Very cool that you parents kicked in to pay for your ticket, that rocks. Did they pay for your sister's too?

I can't imagine flying half way around the world ...until I think of doing it for WDW! :thumbsup2 Sounds like y'all got together a good system for who has to sit next to a stranger on the flights.

I think the 90s is a cool decade, it was a good one for me anyways. Too bad you didn't get a room in that section, but the 80s are good too. Great pics at POP, it looks like you had a lot of fun walking around taking them. And don't worry, I took a BUNCH of night pics at POP on our last evening there ;)

I saw you with lego Woody, was the new lego store open at DTD? We did the same thing, walked DTD on our travel day. It is interesting but with so many things shut down/being renovated it seems like a lot of walking for just some random stores and places to eat.

On the Mulan set, you just have to embrace your kid side. I'm 42 and have more toys in my office at work than I did when I was a kid :rotfl:

Good call making MK your first day, the shot of the two of you in front of the fog-shrouded castle was very cool. And I loved the slightly out of focus shot of the street in fantasyland - is that a setting on your camera that gives that effect or a photoshop thing?

You two did a good bunch of stuff, hitting all the big rides despite not being ride people. I agree about the afternoon parades, pretty lame and it was wicked hot for us too - we baked in a big way for such a short parade :confused3

Still looked like a great day there.

AK looked like a lot of fun, you got some good unique character interactions there. I don't care for the wet rides either, who wants to walk around a hot park with wet skivvies? I missed the yeti on EE too, they gotta get him back there.

I look forward to hearing and seeing more on your trip!

Those are seriously some awesome photopass pictures you guys got! I love the one you have with Baloo and King Louie :thumbsup2 The one you got after Everest is pretty awesome too. And what is with that hindu couple? I've seen their picture before as well and I think it was in the Kali line. Hmm... Well, more reason to ride that ride (LOVE WATER RIDES <3) And the Maharajah Jungle Trek is so cool, I love when you are actually in that area with bats and no windows, it feels more real. And the pictures with Flik and Pluto (My Client ;)) are pretty awesome as well :-) Can't wait to read more, update soon! :mickeyjum

I've caught up now, great TR!! Sounds like you do it hardcore like us! We like to stay at the parks from early morning till as late as we can cope with :)

New reader!! :) Great start so far!! It looks like you gals are having a great time!

And I don't think the Mom worrying thing ever goes away :) I'm almost 30 & my mom still does stuff like that :)

This is a great trip report!!

I have to say we are very lucky to go to Disney World almost every year or every other year, but you girls are very lucky to live in Hawaii!! I hope to go there once in my life in 3 years for mine and my husband's 10th year anniversary! And, of course, we'll be staying at the Disney Resort out there! Are you girls anywhere near it? Have you seen it? I am sooo excited and hope to not be dissappointed...but with Disney I'm sure I won't be :)

That's funny my DH will not go on any water rides where he will get wet. He gets very cranky if he is wet.

Great TR! For being so far away you've been to Disney World more times than me! lol. I wish I was able to go more often. I definitely would if I could. :)

The picture with King Louie and Baloo is adorable! I'm the same way with ponchos on wet rides. I hate how people make fun of me beforehand, but it's all good when I get to laugh at them when it's over and I'm still happy and dry:laughing:

Thanks! And yes, yay for ponchos!

Okay, it took me a while but I finished your PTR and caught up with your TR.

Very cool that you parents kicked in to pay for your ticket, that rocks. Did they pay for your sister's too?

I can't imagine flying half way around the world ...until I think of doing it for WDW! :thumbsup2 Sounds like y'all got together a good system for who has to sit next to a stranger on the flights.

I think the 90s is a cool decade, it was a good one for me anyways. Too bad you didn't get a room in that section, but the 80s are good too. Great pics at POP, it looks like you had a lot of fun walking around taking them. And don't worry, I took a BUNCH of night pics at POP on our last evening there ;)

I saw you with lego Woody, was the new lego store open at DTD? We did the same thing, walked DTD on our travel day. It is interesting but with so many things shut down/being renovated it seems like a lot of walking for just some random stores and places to eat.

On the Mulan set, you just have to embrace your kid side. I'm 42 and have more toys in my office at work than I did when I was a kid :rotfl:

Good call making MK your first day, the shot of the two of you in front of the fog-shrouded castle was very cool. And I loved the slightly out of focus shot of the street in fantasyland - is that a setting on your camera that gives that effect or a photoshop thing?

You two did a good bunch of stuff, hitting all the big rides despite not being ride people. I agree about the afternoon parades, pretty lame and it was wicked hot for us too - we baked in a big way for such a short parade :confused3

Still looked like a great day there.

AK looked like a lot of fun, you got some good unique character interactions there. I don't care for the wet rides either, who wants to walk around a hot park with wet skivvies? I missed the yeti on EE too, they gotta get him back there.

I look forward to hearing and seeing more on your trip!

Hey! Thanks for joining in! Yeah, my parents did help pay for my sister's ticket also.

No, the Lego store wasn't open yet. It was still the temporary tent.

Those are seriously some awesome photopass pictures you guys got! I love the one you have with Baloo and King Louie :thumbsup2 The one you got after Everest is pretty awesome too. And what is with that hindu couple? I've seen their picture before as well and I think it was in the Kali line. Hmm... Well, more reason to ride that ride (LOVE WATER RIDES <3) And the Maharajah Jungle Trek is so cool, I love when you are actually in that area with bats and no windows, it feels more real. And the pictures with Flik and Pluto (My Client ;)) are pretty awesome as well :-) Can't wait to read more, update soon! :mickeyjum

Yeah, the Baloo and Louie hugging us picture is my favorite!

I've caught up now, great TR!! Sounds like you do it hardcore like us! We like to stay at the parks from early morning till as late as we can cope with :)

Actually, we didn't do it superly hard core. Normally we would but we figured we had so many days there, why rush? Were back before the sun went down a few nights.

New reader!! :) Great start so far!! It looks like you gals are having a great time!

And I don't think the Mom worrying thing ever goes away :) I'm almost 30 & my mom still does stuff like that :)

Ha ha! Good to know it's not just my family. :)

This is a great trip report!!

I have to say we are very lucky to go to Disney World almost every year or every other year, but you girls are very lucky to live in Hawaii!! I hope to go there once in my life in 3 years for mine and my husband's 10th year anniversary! And, of course, we'll be staying at the Disney Resort out there! Are you girls anywhere near it? Have you seen it? I am sooo excited and hope to not be dissappointed...but with Disney I'm sure I won't be :)

I am sort of near the Aulaini, it's not too far of a drive. I haven't seen it yet though. My sister actually applied to work there so we're hoping she gets a position!

Looks like a great AK day! :thumbsup2

Good word...grouchnosity. :rotfl:

Yeah...I have a strange habbit of making up my own words :rolleyes:.

That's funny my DH will not go on any water rides where he will get wet. He gets very cranky if he is wet.

Aww, just tell him to wear a poncho! Then he can experience the ride with none of the wetnosity.

great update:thumbsup2:banana:

Thankyou!

Great TR! For being so far away you've been to Disney World more times than me! lol. I wish I was able to go more often. I definitely would if I could. :)

I think even the hardcore Disney people who go multiple times a year would go more if they could.

Alright, so after many moons of being DIS-ishly dead, I am back!

Day 4.3

March 18, 2011

So after taking pictures,we decided to do Rafiki's Planet Watch. We had never done it on our previous trips. I have no idea why really. It's not like we didn't know it was there. We're dumb. It was cool to see a bit of the backstage area from the train but the actual Rafiki's Planet Watch place was just kind of blah. There wasn't really much to do. At least I got to meet Pocahontas. She commented that my watch was an interesting compass.

IMG_1504.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

We checked out the petting zoo and then Kristina sat down to watch the movie where Rafiki talked about all the different animals that are becoming extinct. She said it made her depressed.

IMG_1512.jpg

The next thing we did was explore the Pangani trail. We mostly just skimmed through it until we got to the gorillas. There weren't really any out though. There was one who went to sit behind a tree. It then did this thing where it peeked out at us from behind. It was soooo cute! It was totally trying to hide from us ha ha! Alas, I have no photographic evidence of this. Oh well.

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

The fact that this bird was actually standing on the hippo amused me.

After this, we kind of just wandered around for a bit. Somehow, we inadvertently ended up on a path to explore the Tree of Life. It was really cool to see all the carvings up close. Since we were in the area, we decided to see It’s Tough To Be A Bug. As usual, I leaned forward when the bees stung you from behind and crouched down in the aisle off my seat when the bugs crawled under your butt. I can’t stand those parts!

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1522.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

Hooray for bathroom humor!

IMG_1588.jpg

I thought that the lake looked like it was filled with leftover Shamrock Shake from McDonalds. The algae is insane!

We wanted to eat at Restaurantosaurus so we headed over to Dinoland U.S.A. I love this place because of the condiments bar. Unlimited pickles FTW! Along with the unlimited pickles, I also had chicken nuggets with apple slices. They also accidentally gave me fries. Kristina had the grilled vegetable sandwich with sweet potato fries.

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

Kris's lunch

IMG_1548.jpg

My lunch

The room we ate in had really yellow lighting so it gave everything an unappetizing tint. I didn’t care though. I was really hungry! Also, there were some teenagers at the table across from us that were balancing some water bottles on top of each other. I was impressed. The stack got pretty tall! I really wanted a picture of it. However, I didn’t want to outright take a picture of them for fear of being labeled a creeper! What was the solution to this dilemma you ask? Well I pretended that I was taking a picture of Kristina but really I was taking one of them. I think they knew I was really taking the picture of them though because I saw them look in my direction and whispering among themselves. Oh well. Hopefully I never run into them again in my life.

IMG_1551.jpg

Haha, the pretend picture of Kristina.

After lunch, we rode Dinosaur twice because it was only only a 20 minute wait. We had the front row of the car for our first ride. Fitting my bag into the bag holder was a pain. This was kind of a common theme throughout the trip…having trouble fitting my bag into the holders. It was really fat! And it’s not like I had a million things in there…the bag itself was just fatly shaped because of all the pockets. This made it extremely annoying when doing the bag checks before entering the parks every morning. Actually, that very day before getting into the Animal Kingdom, the security guy decided to count how many pockets I had to unzip. There were 15! He said that the most he’d ever seen was 17 so I was pretty up there in the pocket count.

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

Somehow I found this cute.

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

Take 1

IMG_1573.jpg

Take 2

Glad you're back from your DIS hiatus! :laughing: Rafiki's is kinda cool, but yeah not much to do there. I love your sly picture of the water bottle tower, that is really cool. And your Dinosaur ride pics are priceless, I love the poses!

Welcome back! :)

I couldn't believe the algae in that lake either...though I may never look at a Shamrock Shake the same again... :rotfl:

I'm a big fan of the all you can eat pickles too. :)

Nice shot of the T Rex skeleton - I just love that ride.

Glad to see your back from "Dis-Hiatus"! :-) Great update :D That's so funny Pocahontas thought your watch was a compass LOL Love the picture of the bird on the hippo Haha :thumbsup2 to deciding to go on It's Tough To Be A Bug while in the area. Love that ride, even with the creepy crawly effects :D The food at Restaurantasaurus looks awesome! I must go there next time I'm there :) LOL at the tower of bottles :rotfl: And love your pictures on DINOSAUR, you guys really don't like to take an average photo :lmao: :-) Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

That bottle tower was pretty cool. I would've take na picture of it too. I already know people think I'm nuts. so I don't care anymore. :lmao:

Aaaaand....back from the dead....AGAIN!

Sorry guys. I've fallen into a major Dis-pression and I can't get up! I guess that's why I've been away for so long. Coming here and knowing I won't be able to get to Disney World for a few more years just makes me so sad. And now that I am going back to college, I want to go back to Disney even more than usual...just to escape. I dunno, I guess I'm afraid of messing up in school again and I just want to get away. Hrm.

I actually have pretty much the whole darned report typed out. It's just a matter of getting it copied and pasted into here. Which can be hard. Because in the back of my mind, I know that once I finish this report, there will be no more reliving it.

Hmm...but anyway, for anyone who is still out there (or for any new readers who want to join in), I am back. Regularly this time. I promise from this point on to post at least once a week! Oh my gosh I can't believe I still haven't finish posting about my 2nd Disney day yet! Blargh. Y'know what, I think I'll post 2 updates today, just to give things a kick start.

Day 4.4

March 18, 2011

IMG_1580.jpg

I thought this was a cool picture.

IMG_1581.jpg

Kris being annoyed with me for some reason.

We wanted to take some character pictures so we headed over to Camp Minnie Mickey. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Brer Fox with Brer Rabbit. Kris and I wondered what they were doing together. They hate each other! Oh well.

Photo0094FourBySix.jpg

FAIL!!!!

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

This one amused me because it looks like they were kids who got busted in school and they had to turn and face the wall for punishment.

IMG_1600.jpg

Somehow, this lizard on Daisy's beak also amused me.

We wandered around aimlessly for a while. Mostly we were just waiting for it to get a little darker because I wanted to see what Kilimanjaro Safaris was like during the evening. Killed some time by re-riding Everest. The wait was only 25 minutes.

Photo0106FourBySix.jpg

Took this picture while wandering. Kris wanted to pose like we were lost, and trying to find the Tree of Life.

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

MAJOR FAIL! I would say what I thought it said but it's probably not appropriate for a family board. Maybe there are some weird minded people like me out there who thinks it says something pretty funny/inappropriate too.

Finally it was 6:00 p.m. and we decided to use our safari fast pass. I was thoroughly disappointed. There weren’t really any animals out. It was just barren savannah. At least we got a good view of the lioness though. Still, from now on, I am sticking to morning safaris.

IMG_1636.jpg

At this point, I was ready to go back to the hotel. However, Kris wasn’t. She thought it was too early to end the day. We decided to bus over to the Grand Floridian and ride the monorail just for fun. While in the bus, I asked her if she realized that it was 7:00 p.m. Apparently she hadn’t. She thought it was much earlier. It was still so bright out! It looked like Hawaii’s version of 4:00 p.m. She had been deceived by the sunlight! After realizing what time it really was, she decided that we should probably just go back to the hotel. I was a little annoyed with her. I’d wanted to go back to the hotel in the first place! Ugh! Anyway, the Wilderness Lodge was the first stop on the bus we were on so we decided to get off there. From there, we took the boat to the Magic Kingdom and from there, caught the bus back to Pop.

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

IMG_1667.jpg

We ate dinner in the food court. Kris had a pizza kids meal with grapes and apple sauce.

IMG_1677.jpg

I had 2 hard boiled eggs, salad, and apple slices with caramel.

IMG_1678.jpg

IMG_1681.jpg

Kris also tried the tie die cheesecake. It was good but she wasn’t able to finish it because she was too full. What a waste!

IMG_1680.jpg

w00t! 2 updates in one night! Hooray! I guess it makes up for me being dead for a little over a month. Boo for Dis-pression!

Day 5.1

March 19, 2011

Today was an Epcot day. There was a family standing a few families behind us who I though looked like they might be from Hawaii too. The mom had a Hawaii-ish vibe somehow. Not so much the adult children though. They definitely had a West Coast vibe. I was too far away from them to hear them speak so I couldn’t tell if they had the Hawaii accent…or lack thereof accent depending on how you want to look at it. I feel like I don't have an accent but I've heard Mainlanders tell me I have a Hawaii accent.

IMG_1686.jpg

Excited to go in!

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

The park opened at 9:00 a.m. and we beelined it for Soarin. We walked fast enough that we were the first flight of the day. We requested front row center and got it! We didn’t even have to wait for it! I was glad that Kris got to experience front row center for the first time. Soarin just isn’t as awesome when you get the 2nd and 3rd rows. We got Fast Passes for later in the day and then rode Living With the Land.

IMG_1692.jpg

Kris was annoyed with me for taking this one. She didn't want to take any pictures, she was preparing herself to RUN!

DSC00272.jpg

I love how the dude behind us is staring directly into the camera.

IMG_1698.jpg

Here we have Kristina, super excited to be flying in front for the first time ever!

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg

Obligatory lemon photo.

IMG_1703.jpg

See, the good thing about being the photographer is that you pretty much never get random mildly embarassing candids like this one taken of yourself!

IMG_1709.jpg

We didn't watch the Timon and Pumbaa conservation movie but I couldn't resist having a picture of it anyway.

IMG_1711.jpg

After that we rode Spaceship Earth and then took some pictures in front of it.

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1714.jpg

Then we made our way towards the back of the park. Kris tried some sodas at Club Cool. Just like the last time, the Chinese soda was her favorite. As for the Beverly, well she knew going in that it was going to taste bad but she tried it again anyway. Mostly just because I wanted to videotape her reaction. Making our way even nearer to the World Showcase, we passed some sort of butterfly house exhibit thing. I HATE butterflies! I’m afraid of them! To me, they are just moths with decoration. I sat and waited while Kristina took a look at what it was. Apparently it was you in a tent with butterflies flying all around. So NOT my type of thing.

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

Yay for updates! I am with you on the post Disney depression. It always stinks coming home and I think that's why it takes me forever to finish my TRs too! Hopefully you'll be able to go back sooner than you think. :)

Nice picture of the lioness! We've done safaris in both the morning and afternoon and have had good luck with both recently. But I'm with you, the morning ones are usually better! Some of the early-afternoon ones we did a few years ago were duds. :guilty:

Woohoo for all the updates! :banana:

I love your picture with Mickey hugging you all! LOL And Mmm that tie dye cheesecake looks so yummy! I think out of all the Disney desserts I haven't tried yet, the tie dye cheesecake and zebra domes are the ones I want to try the most!

That's great you all got perfect seats for Soarin too! And you hate butterflies?! lol I'm not a bug person at all, but butterflies are one insect I actually like:laughing:

Can't wait to hear more:)

Yay for updates! I am with you on the post Disney depression. It always stinks coming home and I think that's why it takes me forever to finish my TRs too! Hopefully you'll be able to go back sooner than you think. :)

Nice picture of the lioness! We've done safaris in both the morning and afternoon and have had good luck with both recently. But I'm with you, the morning ones are usually better! Some of the early-afternoon ones we did a few years ago were duds. :guilty:

Hey! Glad you're still here! Ugh, yeah, Disney depression SUCKS! We are hoping to go back in 2013 when the Fantasyland expansion is completed.

Woohoo for all the updates! :banana:

I love your picture with Mickey hugging you all! LOL And Mmm that tie dye cheesecake looks so yummy! I think out of all the Disney desserts I haven't tried yet, the tie dye cheesecake and zebra domes are the ones I want to try the most!

That's great you all got perfect seats for Soarin too! And you hate butterflies?! lol I'm not a bug person at all, but butterflies are one insect I actually like:laughing:

Can't wait to hear more:)

I want to try the Zebra domes too! I love white chocolate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter