My first time as a "Grown Up!" March 2011

Well I never left...so good to see you back on your TR
Take care and look forward to the rest of your TR.

I'm still around, although I do need to catch up....it's been a busy few months over here.

I'm still around, although I do need to catch up....it's been a busy few months over here.

Yay, another reader! Hope things aren't too busy that you can't enjoy the holidays. Actually though, do they celebrate that in Korea? Not necessarily in the religous sense but in the secular "hang all the festive holiday decorations" sense? Kind of like how Japan does?

Day 7.1

March 21, 2011

Today was our first MGM day! It will always be MGM Studios to me, no matter how many times they tell me it's Hollywood Studios. Who is this “they” you ask? No one really. Ha ha! Anyway back to the subject.

While walking to the turnstiles, I was disappointed to see scaffolding covering the Tower of Terror. It kind of ruins the eerie factor but no biggie. The ride has to get spruced up sometime! Anyway, we were in line by 8:10 a.m. and the park didn't even open till 9:00a.m. As a result of our early arrival, we ended up being the first ones in line. That was really cool!

IMG_2091.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

Boo to the scaffolding!

IMG_2101.jpg

Yay for Chewy Bars and...pointing at nothing! Actually I think maybe I was holding up one finger to show that I was number one in line.

When the park finally opened, we bee lined to Rockin Roller Coaster. I rode it with my glasses on which in retrospect, probably wasn't the smartest idea. I could feel them nearly flying off my face as we were riding so with one hand, I held them in place. Yes yes, dumb I know, but really, how else was I supposed to take in all the sights?! Anyway, when the ride was over, we grabbed some Fast Passes for it to ride later. The line was still fairly short so we rode it again. This time, I took my glasses off. I didn't have a case for it though so I had to just stick them in one of my many backpack pockets and just prayed that they wouldn't break.

IMG_2109.jpg

These guys greeted us before letting us go wherever it is we were all going to.

IMG_2111.jpg

I love how we both have to hold on to our glasses.

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

No glasses here!

IMG_2119.jpg

Next we headed over to the Tower of Terror. The sign showed a 10 minute wait time so we got in line but as soon as we did, it immediately changed to 65 minutes. I don't know what Kristina was thinking. She actually wanted to wait! DUMB!!! I suggested we just get Fast Passes. She was annoyed with this idea but begrudgingly agreed.

IMG_2121.jpg

Also at some point we too the above picture.

IMG_2120.jpg

Also this picture.

Our next stop was Toy Story Mania where we were saw that the wait time was 70 minutes. Kris was pissed that we couldn't grab Fast Passes until 10:20 a.m. (It was 9:50 a.m.) Ugh, she really annoyed me for a moment there. She was just mad that we didn't stand in that long line for Tower of Terror. But I seriously was NOT going to wait in a 65 minute line for a ride I didn't even like! The only reason I even planned on riding it was because of our deal made before the trip: She would sit by the strangers on the airplane more times than I had to if I in return agreed to ride the Tower of Terror with her. Anyway, to kill time until 10:20, we walked through One Man's Dream. Kris stayed to watch the movie while I went to grab Fast Passes the exact moment I was able to.

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

I loved that poster.

IMG_2134.jpg

I was running to Disneyland! But why? I'm not sure...Disney World is better! Disneyland is closer though.

IMG_2129.jpg

Okay, tell me I am not the only person in the whole world who probably would have had a crush on Walt if we were both teenagers at the same time! He was kind of a looker I think.

When Kris was done with One Man's Dream, we headed over to the Animation building where we met Sorcerer Mickey. I loved this Mickey! Out of all the Mickeys we met, this seemed the most excited to meet us. Err...I mean...what am I saying? I meant to say that today, Mickey seemed more enthusiastic than usual...because there is only ONE Mickey and...err..yeah! Ha ha! Anyway, back to the subject. Mickey was awesome. Also, since we were wearing Disney shirts, he pointed at them with excitement.

IMG_2152.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

ya I know how ya feel about sitting beside someone on the plane, you just hope that there someone nice an some old stinky man that doesn't for some odd reason know how to put on pit stick. On other topics my DW and myself love toy stroy midway mania, we could do that ride all day :)

ya I know how ya feel about sitting beside someone on the plane, you just hope that there someone nice an some old stinky man that doesn't for some odd reason know how to put on pit stick. On other topics my DW and myself love toy stroy midway mania, we could do that ride all day :)

That ride was pretty fun! I didn't think I'd think it was all that great as I'm generally not a fan of point and shoot type arcade games but it was better than I thought.

Love this photo! Great shot! Rock n' Rollercoaster was one of my favourite rides.

Was One Man's Dream good? I really wanted to see it in August. Nice to get some new updates! :santa:

I thought it was good. It was interesting to read about the history of Disney and what not.

I'm still here, and I'm glad to see you updating!
I will always call it MGM too! That's so funny about Walt, I'm always saying I think he was very attractive when he was younger!

Also, I just booked Pop! for our arrival night before we head over to OKW for the week in January. What would you say are the must dos and eats there? I am planning on skipping dinner on the way down when the rest of my family eats so I can try the food court later that night!

I'm still here, and I'm glad to see you updating!
I will always call it MGM too! That's so funny about Walt, I'm always saying I think he was very attractive when he was younger!

Also, I just booked Pop! for our arrival night before we head over to OKW for the week in January. What would you say are the must dos and eats there? I am planning on skipping dinner on the way down when the rest of my family eats so I can try the food court later that night!

Hm, I honesly can't really give you any must dos. We didn't spend much time at the resort...we were just there to eat dinner and sleep. There was a really nice path overlooking a lake and the new hotel their building that we walked on our first day...it was really peaceful. I'm also no help with the food. I ate the Cesar salad pretty much every night! I'm not much for variety. If I find something I like, I will stick with it forevermore. Sorry I'm not much of a help! It's a really great hotel though, I would definitely stay there again.

Hm, I honesly can't really give you any must dos. We didn't spend much time at the resort...we were just there to eat dinner and sleep. There was a really nice path overlooking a lake and the new hotel their building that we walked on our first day...it was really peaceful. I'm also no help with the food. I ate the Cesar salad pretty much every night! I'm not much for variety. If I find something I like, I will stick with it forevermore. Sorry I'm not much of a help! It's a really great hotel though, I would definitely stay there again.

I am definitely looking forward to being able to see the Art of Animation resort from there. Caesar salad sounds yummy to me!

Day 7.2

March 21, 2011

After meeting Mickey, we stood in line for Lotso. I thought it was really cool that they had themed the queue to look like Sunnyside Daycare. When we finally got to meet the evil bear, I told him that I was afraid of him. He did this thing where he kind of slumped over in sadness. It was too cute! I ended up giving him a hug anyway. He was so squishy and really did smell like strawberries!

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2157.jpg

IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2162.jpg

Photo0174FourBySix.jpg

Yes, I meant to pose that way. He is EVIL!!!! I don't trust him.

After that, we browsed around the Animation building a bit more. We played with a voice over machine and did this quiz to see what Disney character we were most like. Kris and I both ended up getting Belle. I didn't think that was accurate at all! I remember taking the quiz 5 years ago at California Adventure. I got Ariel. That one wasn't accurate either. Ah well. What can you do?

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2173.jpg

I had to take a picture of that figurine because it amused me that they showed Belle marrying the Beast in Beast form. That was really cool...you totally knew she was going to marry him anyway, even if she didn't know there was the possibility of him turning back into a human.

IMG_2171.jpg

Had to take a picture of that because it is a rare gem to find stuff with Mulan on it!

IMG_2170.jpg

I was trying to copy Mulan. Me kicking the Brother Bear guy (can't remember his name) was unintentional. Actually, I kind of wish I was facing my kick the other way. I can't stand Lilo and Stitch!

IMG_2172.jpg

I took a picture of the How to Draw Princess book because they were selling it for $15. I bought the same exact book in late 2009 for $2.00 at our local discount items store. The markup here was INSANE!

Why did I buy that book? No it wasn't for some kid. It was for ME! I like to draw fanart of random shows/books/games/tv shows in my spare time and I post it on an art site called Deviant Art Where other people post their art as well.

I am going to take this time to not so shamelessly plug some of my doodles. There are def. some flaws there but I only do this for fun.

He_Might_Be_From_Norway_by_JelloArms.jpg

I came up with the idea for the above drawing after reading an article where the artist theorized that the Beast could possibly be a Prince from Norway (thus explaining why no one seems to realize he's there). You can check it out at the link if you want...it's a really good article!

http://www.overthinkingit.com/2009/06/04/belle-princess-or-not-princess/

Spirit_of_Tokyo_Disneyland_by_JelloArms.jpg

I drew the above after my sister came back from Tokyo Disneyland. They were celebrating their 25th Anniversary and their mascot was Mickey holding a similar looking key. I just made some random Sailor Moon-y looking girl holding the key, and threw in some elements of certain Disney Princesses in there too.

Gaston_the_Lad_by_JelloArms.jpg

I don't care too much for how Gaston came out in the above drawing. The anatomy annoys me. That's okay though...all in fun.

If you are really intereted, you can check out my actual Deviant Art page at the below link to see more things I've drawn. It's not the greatest by any means but I just do it for fun. Drawing fanart is a huge hobby of mine.

http://jelloarms.deviantart.com/

Anyway, back to the subject!

After we got done with the quiz, we rode the Great Movie Ride. After the ride, Kris wanted to watch Disney Channel Live so I went back and rode the Great Movie Ride again. I'm so glad I did because I ended up with the gangster taking over our car! I was sooo happy! I hadn't had the gangster since 2001...possibly even before that. I somehow got it into my head that they'd discontinued the gangster and only did the takeover in the Wild West scene. That was a really cool surprise.

IMG_2195.jpg

Photo0179FourBySix.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2193.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

I can't believe you always get the Western scene! I can't remember the last time I got it. I ALWAYS see the gangsters! :(

I like your art, it's really cute!

Great updates...glad you are continueing on...we'll still be here.
You do some amazing art. Thanks for sharing.
I think I heard that they run the gangster all the time and only at busy times they use the cowboy too. It's been so long since I rode it, but I think over the years I have had both.

I can't believe you always get the Western scene! I can't remember the last time I got it. I ALWAYS see the gangsters! :(

I like your art, it's really cute!

I like the Gangster scene better. There's something darker about the gangster scene that I just can't put my finger on but ah well. I like it better. And thanks for the compliment on my drawings!

Great updates...glad you are continueing on...we'll still be here.
You do some amazing art. Thanks for sharing.
I think I heard that they run the gangster all the time and only at busy times they use the cowboy too. It's been so long since I rode it, but I think over the years I have had both.

Glad you liked my drawings! Hmm...I guess that makes sense about me always getting the cowboy. I only go to Disney World during busy seasons.

I think your drawings are terrific and I think that the great move ride is fun but haven't been on that ride for a long time.

Day 7.3

(I'm doing a double update tonight to make up for my lack of not being here in almost 2 weeks so I will be posting 7.4 right after. Don't miss it!)

March 21, 2011

I met up with Kristina again and we went over to the 50's Prime Time Cafe for our 12:45 p.m. reservation. I was really excited. For one, it was our first sit down meal and two, I love the 50s! Well...I love the way it's portrayed in the media anyway.

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2206.jpg

After about a 20 minute wait, we were given a table. Our “cousin” was cute and I definitely don't have any complaints but I was secretly hoping for a grouchy aunt or uncle server. Oh well. At one point, our “cousin” reprimanded me for having my elbows on the table so from that moment on, every time she would pass by, I'd make sure to remove them. I can't help it! Putting my elbows on the table is a habit already. Who decided elbows on the table is rude anyhow? I don't get why it is. Anyway I ordered a turkey sandwich with chips and Kris ordered a strawberry shake and fish sandwich with fries. Iit took a while for the food to come but it was okay. It was fun just watching how the other servers interacted with their tables. One “aunt” told a kid to sit up because he looked like Quasimodo. Another “cousin” at a different table told a group of college age looking kids to put away their cell phones (they were all texting) because it was the 1950s and these things don't exist. She said that back then, people had these things called conversations. I thought that was hilarious! Eventually the food arrived and everything was delicious.

IMG_2212.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

My lunch

IMG_2214.jpg

Kris's lunch

We decided it would be dumb to do Rockin Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror right away so we looked in some shops for a bit. I was VERY disappointed in the Villains in Vogue store. There was nothing villainous about it. It was pretty much just Vinylmation stuff. At 3:00 p.m. The Pixar Play Parade started. I love the song, it was so catchy. ...”I...don't wanna work...I just wanna bang on the drums all day...” So true! Work sucks. But how the heck else am I supposed to get funding for trips to Disney?

IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

IMG_2238.jpg

After the parade, we shopped a bit more. We also stopped to watch some Citizens of Hollywood. They were some sort of city maintenance team consisting of a boss and 2 knuckleheads. They were supposed to be spraying this tree along the street with Chemical A (Acid) but they kept accidentally spraying the audience. The other knucklehead had to respray the audience with Chemical B (Better Chemical). As the guy with Chemical B ran around spraying everyone, he yelled “SAVE THE PEOPLE! SAVE THE PEOPLE!” It was really funny. More silliness ensued. I would have taped it but I didn't want to get chemicals (really it was water) on my camera.

IMG_2224.jpg

After that, we saw the 4:00 p.m. showing of Beauty and the Beast.

IMG_2242.jpg

IMG_2243.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2246.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2202.jpg

I forgot to stick this photo in the last update so I'll put it here. It's Kristina waiting to be seated at the 50's Prime Time Cafe.

And now back to your regularly scheduled (err...in my case....irregularly scheduled) programming!

Day 7.4

March 21, 2011

So after the Parade, we watched Muppet Vision. By the way, you HAVE to watch the new Muppets movie if you haven't already. It's really good!

IMG_2255.jpg

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2258.jpg

After that, we took some random photos.

IMG_2260.jpg

Didn't eat here but took a pic anyway.

IMG_2252.jpg

Didn't watch this but took a pic anyway. I'm not into stunt shows. Same goes for the Lights Motors Action show. We didn't see it but don't regret it. Cars just aren't our thing.

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2267.jpg

Finally, it was time to use our Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania. I honestly wasn't expecting much because I'm not really a fan of point and shoot type video games. Alas, it was actually really fun! Kris got more points but I had a higher accuracy rate.

IMG_2268.jpg

I had one of those View Finders as a kid. Also, Peter Pan is my favorite Disney male!

IMG_2269.jpg

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

Also used a Fast Pass to ride that again.

Next we rode the Tower of Terror. The man standing in front of me in the pre-show room reeked of B.O. I was a little nervous and not looking forward to the ride at all but I sucked it up. We ended up in the 3rd row. I screamed like a crazy person but the ride wasn't as horrible as I remember it being. It was even...dare I say...fun? In fact, I didn't mind it so much that I even agreed to stand in line again to re-ride. The wait was only 30 minutes. The ride attendant told us to stand in Row 2 on the loading platform so I thought that meant we were going to be in the 2nd row. But then Kris pointed out the seating chart posted above the elevator and I realized that Loading Row 2 actually gets loaded into Seating Row 1. I was all like...”Oh. (insert pause) Oh. (insert pause). That's not good.” I wish you could read tone on paper because I promise it was a lot funnier than it sounds in text. Anyway I was a bit nervous to be right up in front but it wasn't bad at all!

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

I recorded our ride experience.

At this point, it was about 7:00 p.m. So we decided to sit down for the 8:30 p.m. showing of Fantasmic. There was a million billion gnats flying around. I don't know where they came from! Do they live in the lake? I put on the my jacket hood because I didn't want them getting in my hair. To pass the time until the start of the show, I played Tetris on my DS and people watched. There was this one guy selling beer and every time someone would give him money for a beer he would say “Come on baby. One more beer.” Or something along those lines anyway. I don't know why I'm even talking about him but he just really stuck out to me. I could tell that he really enjoyed his job. Finally the show started and as expected, it was super awesome! I just love that show so much!

IMG_2295.jpg

I love that Pocahontas is incorporated into Disney World's version of Fantasmic! It's really an under appreciated movie. People don't like it because it's more mature but that's exactly what I do like about it! Same goes for Hunchback of Notre Dame.

IMG_2298.jpg

Boo to the nasty flying bugs!

IMG_2307.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

When the show was over, we literally ran to catch the bus. Our running paid off because we ended up being back at Pop by 9:20 p.m. We were a little hungry so we each got something small. Kris got apple slices with caramel dip and I got hard boiled eggs and a salad. I don't like the taste of the yolks so I picked them all out.

IMG_2316.jpg

Loved all the updates! Looks like you guys had fun at DHS. Your comment about wishing your kick in front of those drawings was facing the other way made me laugh. :laughing:

Glad you had a good time at the Prime Time Cafe. That place is a lot of fun, especially when people get in trouble. I wasn't on that particular trip but my sister once got in trouble for not eating her vegetables so their server tried to feed them to her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter