My first time as a "Grown Up!" March 2011

I found your report and am really enjoying it so far. We were there at the same time. I was in WDW 3/16 - 3/24 on a solo trip. I will be scouring your pictures to see if I can find myself. :thumbsup2

If you flew from Los Angeles to Orlando on United Airlines, then I believe we were on the same flight!! :scared1: :cool1:

Looking forward to hearing more of your trip. :goodvibes

I found your report and am really enjoying it so far. We were there at the same time. I was in WDW 3/16 - 3/24 on a solo trip. I will be scouring your pictures to see if I can find myself. :thumbsup2

If you flew from Los Angeles to Orlando on United Airlines, then I believe we were on the same flight!! :scared1: :cool1:

Looking forward to hearing more of your trip. :goodvibes

Woah! Thats crazy! Small world.

Day 4.1

March 18, 2011

Today was our first Animal Kingdom day. We woke up at 7:15 a.m, got ready, and got to the park before they opened at 9:00 a.m. Our first ride was the Kilimanjaro Safaris. Since it was early, it wasn't too hot and a LOT of animals were out. Unfortunately, they were all on Kris's side of the van so she got a better view than me. Not gonna bore you with too many animal pics though...I'm sure you have seen enough of them on thousands of other TRs.

IMG_1385.jpg

Kris on the bus, going to AK.

IMG_1388.jpg

Obligatory sign picture.

IMG_1395.jpg

About to get into our safari jeep.

IMG_1396.jpg

This sticker amused me somehow.

IMG_1400.jpg

The position that the hippo was in amused me. It looks as if he lodged himself between all the trees and now he was stuck. It looks like he was all..."uhh...guys? A little help? Hello? Could you at least throw me some cheese crackers? Or a juice box?" (I just refferenced an episode of Homestarrunner's Teen Girl Squad but I don't think you guys watch that sort of thing).

IMG_1415.jpg

The baby! So CUTE!

IMG_1404.jpg

Giraffes are my favorite non domestic animal.

IMG_1418.jpg

Does anyone know if these eggs are real or fake? I feel like they are fake. I just don't think the Disney people would let these eggs sit unprotected like that. Also, they look to clean to be real.

After the safari, we went over to Expedition Everest. The wait wasn't long...only about 20 minutes. I was disappointed in the lack of the Yeti but I knew going in that it was going to be down. It was still very fun and since the line was still fairly short, we rode it again.

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

Everyone kept ringing these bells so I told Kris to do it too.

IMG_1445.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

That's right, I actually took my camera out while on the ride.

IMG_1437.jpg

Round 1.

IMG_1453.jpg

Round 2.

IMG_1456.jpg

I was trying to look scared I guess?

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1440.jpg

You must post more pictures of animals! I know its probably a monotonous thing on TRs, but seriously they are never the same. I think yours are pretty funny though, with the little extra captions you added. :-) And I love all the pictures of your adventures on Expedition Everest! I can't believe how people are continuing to take pictures while on EE. I don't know if I could ever do that. Then, you have some awesome on-ride pictures :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! Update ASAP! :mickeyjum

Yes, you definitely wouldn't bore me with the animal pictures. I love them! The baby is too cute and that hippo one is pretty funny.

Love the EE ride pictures. You sure can get some awesome views from up there.

Oh yes, and BTW, the ostrich eggs are fake. As are the termite mounds. ;) We learned that on the Backstage Safari Tour. :)

That hippo shot is HILARIOUS! :rotfl: He totally looks stuck. :rotfl:

Awesome pics from atop EE! I'm always so impressed with shots taken on rides. Love your scared pic. ;)

Yes, you definitely wouldn't bore me with the animal pictures. I love them! The baby is too cute and that hippo one is pretty funny.

Love the EE ride pictures. You sure can get some awesome views from up there.

Oh yes, and BTW, the ostrich eggs are fake. As are the termite mounds. ;) We learned that on the Backstage Safari Tour. :)

Thanks for the info! What about the elephant tusk scrapings on that mud wall? I feel like those could be fake too.

You must post more pictures of animals! I know its probably a monotonous thing on TRs, but seriously they are never the same. I think yours are pretty funny though, with the little extra captions you added. :-) And I love all the pictures of your adventures on Expedition Everest! I can't believe how people are continuing to take pictures while on EE. I don't know if I could ever do that. Then, you have some awesome on-ride pictures :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! Update ASAP! :mickeyjum

Okay, on my next post where I ride Kilimanjaro Safaris, I will definetley post more animal pics. :thumbsup2 Yeah, it is kind of scary holding my camera while riding...honestly sometimes when I was screaming on the rides, I was screaming not because the ride scared me, but because I was scared my camera was going to fly out of my hands.

Great update!!! Is that the new Disney cup?

Yes it is!

That hippo shot is HILARIOUS! :rotfl: He totally looks stuck. :rotfl:

Awesome pics from atop EE! I'm always so impressed with shots taken on rides. Love your scared pic. ;)

Thank you!

What a fun day. You guys are so hilarious!

Thank you!

So I have an update coming but I just wanted to share some Photopass pictures from the first park day. From here on out, I will be integrating them into my TR.

Photo0004FourBySix.jpg

Photo0005FourBySix.jpg

Photo0010FourBySix.jpg

Photo0046FourBySix.jpg

Photo0030FourBySix.jpg

Photo0012FourBySix.jpg

Ha ha! He took the pic as I was adjusting my glasses.

Day 4.2

March 18, 2011

Photo0054FourBySix.jpg

Just another picture that was taken after getting off Everest.

We decided to ride Kali River Rapids next. On the way over there, we saw that the line for Baloo and Louie was short so we took a picture with them. I told Louie that he was the King of Swingers and he did a little jig of some sort.

IMG_1422.jpg

Photo0049FourBySix.jpg

Photo0047FourBySix.jpg

I love this picture!

But anyway, yeah, we rode Kali River Rapids. Honestly, the only reason we rode this ride is because I wanted to get the photos of the picture of this random Hindu couple I saw plastered all over the place. I first discovered it on our last trip and I thought this time, I wanted to take a picture of it every time I saw it. It became kind of like a Where's Waldo game in the Asia section of the park. In actually, I don't really enjoy wet rides. I decided to put my Poncho on and I'm glad I did because I got splashed A LOT. Kristina got wet too but decided against the poncho. Alas, this ensuing wetness made her a bit grouchy for a while.

IMG_1460.jpg

Kristina WITH the random Hindu couple.

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

Me being dry. Yay!

We did the Maharaja Jungle Trek next in hopes that walking through the sun would dry her off a bit. It didn't do much. She decided to go to the bathroom. She was in there for a while but when she came out, her mood was much better. Apparently she had stood under the hand dryers and dried herself off.

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

Kristina, post grouchnosity.

We then took some pictures with Flik, Pluto, and the Tree of Life. Then we got some Kilimanjaro Safaris Fast Passes to use later in the day.

Photo0061FourBySix.jpg

Photo0065FourBySix.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1494.jpg

Love your picture hugging Baloo and Louie - that's so cute!!

Very cool with the random Hindu couple - I love stuff like that but am rarely observant enough to discover it on my own. :rotfl: Though I've never ridden Kali River Rapids (I'm with you - can't stand walking around in wet clothes and never had the desire to!) so maybe that's why.

Flik's a cool looking little character, never met him.

Ooh, I like that border on the photopass picture near Everest. That's cool.

haha, I always think it's funny when people wear ponchos on Kali River Rapids but at the same time I don't blame them. It's kind of hit or miss though...once I walked off SOAKED and another time I barely got a drop of water on me. :confused:

Love the pictures with Louie and Baloo! Beautiful Tiger shot!

Those hand dryers at AK are super powerful!

I'm here and all caught up! I cannot wait to read the rest of your report. Very great start so far! :thumbsup2

Love your picture hugging Baloo and Louie - that's so cute!!

Very cool with the random Hindu couple - I love stuff like that but am rarely observant enough to discover it on my own. :rotfl: Though I've never ridden Kali River Rapids (I'm with you - can't stand walking around in wet clothes and never had the desire to!) so maybe that's why.

Flik's a cool looking little character, never met him.

Actually, Flik isn't a character I would normally take pictures with...I didn't really care for the movie. But he didn't really have a line and I kind of felt bad for him so we took a picture with him anyways.:)

Ooh, I like that border on the photopass picture near Everest. That's cool.

haha, I always think it's funny when people wear ponchos on Kali River Rapids but at the same time I don't blame them. It's kind of hit or miss though...once I walked off SOAKED and another time I barely got a drop of water on me. :confused:

See, that's why my sister didn't wear a poncho...because every other time she rode it, she never got wet.

Love the pictures with Louie and Baloo! Beautiful Tiger shot!

Those hand dryers at AK are super powerful!

Yeah they are! I like to stand there as the air blows on my hand and makes my skin go all weird-like. Did that make sense?

I'm here and all caught up! I cannot wait to read the rest of your report. Very great start so far! :thumbsup2

Thank you!

So whats the story behind the hindu couple?

I have no idea if there is an officialy backstory for them but I made one up. Basically the Asia section of the park is like part of some southeast Asian touristy area and everything is owned by the Hindu couple. They have people to do the actual work...they just kind of oversee everything.

The picture with King Louie and Baloo is adorable! I'm the same way with ponchos on wet rides. I hate how people make fun of me beforehand, but it's all good when I get to laugh at them when it's over and I'm still happy and dry:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter