My First Ever Dining Review! (Updated with Kringla & Le Cellier 3/5)

We too are fans of CM!!!!!! We are going again this trip!!! Always lots of choices and love the characters!!!:lovestruc
It really is great! I can't wait to go again

I'm in..all caught up too! We loved CM last trip too...it's a must this coming trip again! Looking forward to your other reviews! :thumbsup2

We are staying at POP for the first time this coming trip....how was it?? I am looking forward to that Tie-Dye Cheesecake!!

I love POP! Everything is so cool to look at! Its like they took everything that was bad about the All Stars and fixed it at POP. The cheesecake is one of my favorite things there!

Glad to hear a good review of Chef Mickey's! I feel like there have been a lot of negative ones lately.

:confused3 I don't know why, who doesn't love Mickey waffles!

Count me in! Loving your report so far. I love that you took pictures of the receipts. My husband calls me crazy but I like things like menus and receipts. It eases the anxiety for me, don't have any idea why.

Great report so far! We are trying Chef Mickeys for breakfast for the first time this summer and I am super excited!

Breakfast there is amazing! You will love it!

Chef Mickey's looked great :thumbsup2
Love your cute Mickey T-Shirts :)

hi! congrats on getting into the college program! Sounds fun! Can't wait to hear more reviews and see more yummy pictures!
Thank you! :goodvibes

Count me in!!!
Welcome!

Subbing!!
Welcome!

Love your reviews. Hope things are going great with the college program!
Thanks, so far so good!

Great reviews so far! Can't wait to see the rest! :thumbsup2
Thanks!
Joining in :thumbsup2
Welcome!

After Chef Mickey's we headed over to EPCOT! We went on Spaceship Earth and BJ was surprised when they put our photos on the people at the end.

disney2010162.jpg

We also played around in Innoventions, where there was an investment game with this pig:

disney2010163.jpg

disney2010164.jpg

That night we had a reservation at one of my favorite places! Teppan Edo! I am allergic to soy, so when we eat here the chef makes mine first with out soy sauce and then cooks everyone elses' after. It is strange though because you are sitting with another family sometimes. Nobody said anything but the wife of the other family was like whispering to her husband about how it wasn't fair that the chef made mine first. :sad2: But I didn't say anything because I was on vacation and wasn't going to let someone else ruin it!

We ordered a specialtiy drink to share. It was called Mikan and it was orange and pineapple drink. It was very good, I expected it to be a little tart because of the pineapple, but it was still sweet.

disney2010167.jpg

A picture of the food being cooked and an onion volcano!

disney2010175.jpg

I ordered Nihonbashi which was steak and chicken, served with rice, vegetables and noodles. I couldn't eat the noodles though because I am allergic to soy. This was delicious I finished everything on my plate.

disney2010177.jpg

BJ had Asakusa which is steak and shrimp. He said it was the best shrimp he had ever eaten! He claimed he would offer me a piece but it had been cooked in the soy sauce. But they way he was eating it I don't think he would have shared! :lmao:

disney2010178.jpg

For dessert I had the Green Tea Pudding. It was very sweet, but also something different. I really enjoyed it.

disney2010179.jpg

BJ had the Chocolate Ginger Cake. He isn't really a dessert person, but he wasn't full from dinner so he finished the whole piece.

disney2010180.jpg

disney2010181.jpg

Overall we both enjoyed Teppan Edo. They were very helpful with my food allergy and the food was delicious. I was stuffed but BJ was still hungry when we left, he ended up using a counter service less than 45 mins later. His only complaint was that he wanted more food.

Total Spent
$82.57(DDP) and $19.22 Drink &Tip (OOP)

TS used 6
CS used 0
SC used 2

DDP cost =$205.16
OOP cost = $65.14

Thanks for the review of Teppan Edo. I love that you show the receipts. We're going there in April and it's nice to know that so far the prices from the Allears menu are the same as what you paid. I can't decide between the steak and shrimp or chicken and steak but based on what your boyfriend said about the shrimp, I think I might have to go for it...

Mmmm Teppan Edo looks so yummy, but I have to agree, the portions are a bit small for a hibachi restaurant. The one we go too in town-- you get soup, salad w/ an AMAZING orange dressing, fried rice (good fried rice, not the gross yellow kind from "Chinese" restaurants), noodles, vegetables, and a TON of whatever kind of meat you want. Plus, even if you order chicken or steak or filet mignon, you ALWAYS get three pieces of shrimp. And it's cheaper than paying OOP at Disney!!

Great review of Teppan Edo :thumbsup2
We loved it when we ate there on our last trip
We're going to try Toyko Dining this time for a change

Loved your review of Hollywood and Vine I ate there on Sunday for the Fantasmic package and totally agree it was very good !! I came with low expectations as it usually gets bad reviews !! Yes it's Buffet but it was good !! Better than 1900 by far !!!

Love your reviews!! Am now thinking of switching from Le cellier to Teppan Edo.

Thanks for the review of Teppan Edo. I love that you show the receipts. We're going there in April and it's nice to know that so far the prices from the Allears menu are the same as what you paid. I can't decide between the steak and shrimp or chicken and steak but based on what your boyfriend said about the shrimp, I think I might have to go for it...
I'm not really a big seafood eater so I always go for the chicken and steak, but he said it was the best he ever had so...

Sounds so gooood so what did he get later?? Since he wasn't full from dinner?
I'll let you know in the next post lol :cool1:

Mmmm Teppan Edo looks so yummy, but I have to agree, the portions are a bit small for a hibachi restaurant. The one we go too in town-- you get soup, salad w/ an AMAZING orange dressing, fried rice (good fried rice, not the gross yellow kind from "Chinese" restaurants), noodles, vegetables, and a TON of whatever kind of meat you want. Plus, even if you order chicken or steak or filet mignon, you ALWAYS get three pieces of shrimp. And it's cheaper than paying OOP at Disney!!

Same here, we have eaten at one near home, and he thought that it was a better value.

Great review of Teppan Edo :thumbsup2
We loved it when we ate there on our last trip
We're going to try Toyko Dining this time for a change

I've never eaten there, maybe next time.

Loved your review of Hollywood and Vine I ate there on Sunday for the Fantasmic package and totally agree it was very good !! I came with low expectations as it usually gets bad reviews !! Yes it's Buffet but it was good !! Better than 1900 by far !!!
I've never been to 1900 but I really enjoyed H&V

Love your reviews!! Am now thinking of switching from Le cellier to Teppan Edo.
Both are great, I don't know which I like better :confused3 both are good.

So about 45 minutes after we ate at Teppan Edo BJ informed me that he was still hungry :scared1: Now I was completely stuffed, so I couldn't understand how he wasn't full. We had fastpasses to ride Soarin so I suggested that he check out Sunshine Seasons.

He got the Cashew Chicken with rice and noodles. He didn't want dessert but I wasn't going to let it go to waste, :lmao: I picked a chocolate mousse cake and he got a fountain soda

disney2010183.jpg

He thought the food was great, but that the rice was overcooked and mushy. I ate the chocolate cake and thought it was very rich, but still very delicious! Now that BJ was full, we went to find a good spot to watch illuminations!

Total Spent
$17.34 (DDP)

TS used 6
CS used 1
SC used 2

DDP cost =$222.50
OOP cost = $65.14

The Next morning I had a surprise planned for BJ. We were doing the around the world Segway tour at EPCOT! I had kept it a secret for so long, I was worried that someone would ruin the surprise when we got to the entrance, but no one said anything. He was a little confused when we went through the gate for the princess breakfast. We loved the tour! The first part was a training session followed by a tour of the world showcase. It was a great experience and I would recommend it for anyone!

disney2010218.jpg

After the tour we had to go over to Downtown Disney so we could purchase our tickets for Cirque du Soleil. We stopped into Candy Cauldron because we hadn't eaten breakfast that morning and I was starving. I picked this Rice Crispy treat, but when we got to the register it didn't count as a snack! :eek: I guess I didn't look at the signs close enough!:rolleyes1 BJ was a little mad but agreed to pay for it OOP :hug:

disney2010221.jpg

It was very sweet, but all the candy pieces kept falling off while we were walking and trying to eat it.

Total Spent
$5.49 (OOP)

TS used 6
CS used 1
SC used 2

DDP cost =$222.50
OOP cost = $70.63

So after we purchased our tickets we headed on over to Animal Kingdom. We had a reservation at 12:30 at Yak and Yeti, and it was around 11:30 when we arrived, so we decided to ride the safari. After the safari we made our way over to Y&Y only to discover that our reservation was at 12!:eek: luckily they seated us anyway.

We decided to order the Pork Pot stickers as an OOP appetizer.

disney2010231.jpg

They were very good, ours came out very quickly and were hot and fresh! The sauce that came with them was a soy-lime sauce so I couldn't eat it, but BJ enjoyed it.

I ordered the Crispy Honey Chicken with white rice.

disney2010233.jpg

This was sooooo good! :yay: the chicken was hot and very sweet. The rice wasn't really that good, but there was more than enough food on my plate. I couldn't finish it all.

BJ had the Seafood Curry.

disney2010232.jpg

He said it was very flavorful, and the portion size was huge!

We both ordered the Fried Won tons for dessert

disney2010234.jpg

I was a little disappointed with these, it was not what I was expecting. It was good, but I thought the cream cheese was a little overpowering.

Total Spent
$15 for appetizer &tip (OOP) and $61.50 (DDP)

TS used 8
CS used 1
SC used 2

DDP cost =$284.00
OOP cost = $85.63

I also tried Yak & Yeti !! I agree the rice isn't that great !! I did however LOVE the fried wonton dessert~!!!

A place I ried this trip was Kouzzinas I was a little apprenhensive about the "Greek" but it was DELISH!!! Service was outstanding !! I really don't like being rushed as in my entree coming before I;ve finished my soup !!! At Kouzzinas the timing was Perfect !!!

I did the Epcot Segway and loved it!! I have also done the Fort Wilderness Segway and LOVED it also.
That was sweet of your BF to pay for your treat out of Pocket it looked AWESOME
I have Y&Y on my list for next time!!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter