MS called today about my upcoming stay at VWL....anyone else?

We just stayed at Tokelau with a nice view of all kind of pool construction so I think it's odd they would move people booked at VWL at all. They must be thinking it's going to be some pretty heavy/loud work, though that is also the case with the east pool with all manner of heavy equipment working there.

I got a call yesterday about our December trip to VWL. The construction is going to be from 9am - 7pm every day with construction going on all around the villas. One thing she mentioned was in order to get to the Disney Transportation boat dock from the villas guest will need to go through the Lodge to get around the construction site. It's going to be an inconvenience for some guest. We will have a rental car so probably won't be doing Disney Transportation anyway. We decided to stay at the villas since this trip consist of spending most of our time in the parks to experience all the holiday happenings. They are trying to still give the guest staying there a very nice and magical vacation. The CM was very nice and helpful.

I got the letter in the mail late last week when we were out of town. I called Member Services (the number on the letter) and after waiting for 20 minutes basically got told sorry there is nothing they can do. We are going Thanksgiving week so there is no availability for us to switch. I explained we were planning on doing 3 park days and 2 resort days (our new standard since becoming DVC) and I have kids that love to sleep in those days and it is just not an issue for them. Really disappointed they didn't offer Fastpasses or anything else for the inconvenience. They did offer to reactivate my other waitlist that was cancelled when we got the VWL reservation - 6 nights in a standard studio at GF Thanksgiving week - like that has a snowball's chance in you know where of ever coming through. Is everyone else calling Member Services or is there some other number you are calling?

I know your situation isnt funny, but I couldnt help laugh at 'snowballs chance in you know where of ever coming through." I have a couple waitlists going myself right now, so this brought some humor to me. Thanks!

It's really nice to be notified and to get some type of compensation for the inconvenience. It's a bit irritating to read about how inconsistent Disney is on what they offer, however. We are some of the original owners at AKV. In 2008, when Kidani was still being built, my family stayed in a 1 BR savannah view, and I booked a second studio for my brother and his family using my membership. Somehow, I guess because he wasn't a member, he was given a $100 cash compensation because of the construction. They didn't use it because I made charges to my room. We weren't allowed to use the credit to pay for any of the room charges, even though some of the charges were for items, like meals, for my brother's family. So, it was totally worthless. Then there was the horrific experience we had about 2 years ago, in a 1BR "savannah" view at Kidani. It was on the 4th floor, so the trees obstructed any view of animals, and it was on Pembe savannah. What really put me over the top was that the room next to ours was reclassified as standard view. For a 1BR over the course of our stay, that was 50 pts difference. I would have been ecstatic if offered the room for standard view points, but it was blah for savannah points. In addition, the washer had the hot and cold water reversed, which I discovered while washing clothes. The safe door was broken, and numerous other problems. Didn't get any compensation at all of any kind for that. Wrote to member satisfaction. Got a bland answer that the animals are free to roam wherever they want, and that the animals are brought inside for checks every day, etc. But, that doesn't compensate for a lack of view and poor maintenance.

We had a studio booked for early Jan, as my wife and I are running the Marathon week 10k together. I received a call as well, asking if they could help us look at another option since the resort would be under construction. We own at VWL and it's our favorite resort, but we were there a few years ago when the rooms were being remodeled, and it was super noisy.

Anyways, we had 3 adults and 2 kids on the reservation now that the VWL studios sleep 5 people. She first offered us either a studio at AKL or at Saratoga, but I explained to her that neither of those resorts would accommodate our party size. After putting me on hold again, she offered us a 1 bedroom at AKL for the stay with no uncharge on the points. My wife and I discussed it, and even though it was a super generous offer, we declined. With kids under the age of 5, being close to MK and having other transportation besides the bus was just too valuable for our trip.

Fast forward a week later. I received a call from one of the managers, stating that he saw that they had spoken to us and weren't able to resolve the reservation change for us. I explained to him that as great as the offer was, we just really needed to be around the Magic Kingdom, and needed to be somewhere that could sleep 5 people. Well, he puts me on hold for about 12 minutes. When he came back on the line, he asked me if we would be ok with switching to a BLT 1 Bedroom Lake View for the stay. WHAT?!?!?! I was floored. I don't even remember my response, but I was very thankful. I know that they didn't have to switch us, and they DEF did not have to upgrade us to a 1 bedroom. Needless to say, we were very thankful and excited about the Disney magic that we received for our JAN trip.

I will agree that it does seem to change depending on which cast member you are talking to, as to what resorts or discounts they can offer. I guess my only suggestion is to be patient and nice, and maybe it'll work out.

You're lucky! We couldn't switch from our 1BR at VWL to a 1BR at BLT. Only offered us non-MK resorts. Glad it's worked out for your family.

We had a studio booked for early Jan, as my wife and I are running the Marathon week 10k together. I received a call as well, asking if they could help us look at another option since the resort would be under construction. We own at VWL and it's our favorite resort, but we were there a few years ago when the rooms were being remodeled, and it was super noisy.

Anyways, we had 3 adults and 2 kids on the reservation now that the VWL studios sleep 5 people. She first offered us either a studio at AKL or at Saratoga, but I explained to her that neither of those resorts would accommodate our party size. After putting me on hold again, she offered us a 1 bedroom at AKL for the stay with no uncharge on the points. My wife and I discussed it, and even though it was a super generous offer, we declined. With kids under the age of 5, being close to MK and having other transportation besides the bus was just too valuable for our trip.

Fast forward a week later. I received a call from one of the managers, stating that he saw that they had spoken to us and weren't able to resolve the reservation change for us. I explained to him that as great as the offer was, we just really needed to be around the Magic Kingdom, and needed to be somewhere that could sleep 5 people. Well, he puts me on hold for about 12 minutes. When he came back on the line, he asked me if we would be ok with switching to a BLT 1 Bedroom Lake View for the stay. WHAT?!?!?! I was floored. I don't even remember my response, but I was very thankful. I know that they didn't have to switch us, and they DEF did not have to upgrade us to a 1 bedroom. Needless to say, we were very thankful and excited about the Disney magic that we received for our JAN trip.

I will agree that it does seem to change depending on which cast member you are talking to, as to what resorts or discounts they can offer. I guess my only suggestion is to be patient and nice, and maybe it'll work out.

Very interesting! We are staying marathon week too (1/4-1/11) and opted to stay at the villas too. We received parkhoppers for the inconvenience, so I doubt we will be getting a second call! Unless they are closing more of the resort than anticipated!

I'm still waiting for my MM and MVMCP tickets. They said it would come in an email or I can go to will call. It's been like a week or so since I spoke to the cm about it. I wonder if I should call back and ask again. They did "book" the MVMCP while I was on the phone but I still have yet to get a confirmation.

I'm still waiting for my MM and MVMCP tickets. They said it would come in an email or I can go to will call. It's been like a week or so since I spoke to the cm about it. I wonder if I should call back and ask again. They did "book" the MVMCP while I was on the phone but I still have yet to get a confirmation.

I thought you posted earlier about getting FPs and MM. You got MVMCP tickets too?

My family decided to stay in our one bedroom at VWL in mid January. We accepted financial compensation via room credit. I have received two emails confirming the credit and the amount.

My family decided to stay in our one bedroom at VWL in mid January. We accepted financial compensation via room credit. I have received two emails confirming the credit and the amount.

i was supposed to receive an email last week but still nothing! I dont know why its taking so long!

Interesting. We also asked for and received a room credit, but the supervisor I spoke to said that she couldn't email it to me. She said that it would be noted on the reservation and to call her if we checked in and had issues. May I ask who you spoke to in order to get an email, or who the email came from? I strongly prefer to have things like this in writing!

The only constant thing at Disney is the lack of consistency. We were not called so I called. We were offered a same size room at Kidani or SSR, nothing else. Explained that we wanted to be by the MK and was told nothing else was available. I was told to call back if I changed my mind.

:earsboy: Bill

Very interesting! We are staying marathon week too (1/4-1/11) and opted to stay at the villas too. We received parkhoppers for the inconvenience, so I doubt we will be getting a second call! Unless they are closing more of the resort than anticipated!
Yep. Who knows what they will do, but hopefully they will help you guys out!!

Interesting. We also asked for and received a room credit, but the supervisor I spoke to said that she couldn't email it to me. She said that it would be noted on the reservation and to call her if we checked in and had issues. May I ask who you spoke to in order to get an email, or who the email came from? I strongly prefer to have things like this in writing!

The funny thing is, I was told the same thing you were. I was told no confirmation was needed and that the account would be noted. I was surprised to get the email a couple of weeks later. The email says it's from Guest Experience Services. I was also emailed another room reservation confirmation, but nothing was changed on it.

Has anyone had their tickets for VWL show up in MDE yet? I'm wondering if we can use them to upgrade to DVC AP?

That's great -- I love the 1 bedrooms at BLT! What an awesome resolution to your problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter