• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MS called today about my upcoming stay at VWL....anyone else?

I got the first call about the renovation on Sat afternoon. I had some follow up questions about MM and FP so I called MS this morning. They contacted the rep who had called me on Sat to clarify my questions. Then, the email came and the FPs showed up sometime this afternoon. I feel like my follow up call this am may have sped things up.

Thank you for the reply! I guess I will wait a day or so and if I don't see it come through then I'll call them back!

We were called, regarding our 11-12 thru 11-21 stay at the VWL. Only relocation option was AKL. We turned it down, and clearly said we are STAYING at our home resort - VWL.

More importantly: I ASKED if any DVC members with existing VWL reservations were going to be FORCE moved. The answer was "NO".

I got a call about the construction but the number to call them back was cut off on the voice message...does anyone still have the phone number to call them back? I don't know if they will call again if they've already thought they left a message.

We check out October 26th! I am probably thankful that this happened because there has been NO availability for my daughter's bday weekend for a while (I was going to rent points before we became DVC members) and then yesterday it just opened up. It was probably because they moved someone with a longer stay.

Still no call for us (staying 11/22 - 11/28). I wonder if they are calling everyone or just some people?

The extra free FPs are already showing up in MDE.

How do they appear? Just under the FP section or somewhere else? What does it say -- "unassigned"? Mine aren't there yet and I wonder if I'll need to get my owner to call or if they'll eventually show up.

I got a call about the construction but the number to call them back was cut off on the voice message...does anyone still have the phone number to call them back? I don't know if they will call again if they've already thought they left a message.

If you still need the number, send me a PM and I'll give you the number they gave me.

I need the number too, please. My phone was disconnected during our call and I have no idea how to get back to them...!! I would greatly appreciate it.

Just got the call and spoke with MS. They werent able to offer me anything except AKV standard view and SSR. We are going to stay and hope for the best. Here is one question....for the fastpasses.....DH and I already have our APs and the other 4 people we are traveling with dont have their tickets yet. I do not "see" any fastpasses in my MDE. How do these "work"? How can I view them?

Just got the call and spoke with MS. They werent able to offer me anything except AKV standard view and SSR. We are going to stay and hope for the best. Here is one question....for the fastpasses.....DH and I already have our APs and the other 4 people we are traveling with dont have their tickets yet. I do not "see" any fastpasses in my MDE. How do these "work"? How can I view them?

Mine aren't showing up yet either. Another poster on the first page stated that hers are there, but after she had called a second time with additional questions, so maybe that's what got hers in MDE quicker. If mine aren't in there in a couple of days, I'll ask my owner (who I really hate to bother because he's been such a gem) to call about it.

I still don't have the fp or mm showing up. No email. Wonder how long I should wait before calling ?

We are staying in a 2 bedroom from Nov 8-13, I am an owner. Should we get a call? Will it be from a 407 area code?

Like I said before, I had called with follow up questions yesterday after the initial call on Saturday. I think that may have sped up the process for me. Anyway, if I go into mydisneyexperience and then go into "my reservations and tickets" after I scroll past my park ticket and dining reservations, I get to the FP section. (I was given 2 extra FPs for 3 days out of our week long trip. I was able to choose, over the phone, which days and which parks. The parks did NOT have to be the same as my regular FP park for the day.) So under the FP section it lists the date, park I chose, and then says "select experiences at MK", or whichever park. I was told we can just walk onto the FP line at any ride at any time during the day for these special FPs. No reservations. Exceptions were parade viewings and maybe something else I can't recall. Then, when my FP window opens, I will be able to make the usual 3 FP reservations per day at the same or different parks. This will be great for hard to get things like Anna and Elsa and Toy Story Mania. Then under that, Memory Maker shows up with a confirmation code. I am not sure if this helped or made things more confusing.

we rented a studio at WLV for next April at the 11 month mark, a day after we booked I saw this news. How long do we wait before we get offered to move? this construction will be a 2 year project and that is not what we wanted when we booked and payed. Our rental person was kind enough to call for me and was told we have to wait for the 7 month mark? I am nervous that by then there will be limited options to switch to! Will I get a letter or call even though we are not the owners? So hard to be patient when you spent a lot of money...

we rented a studio at WLV for next April at the 11 month mark, a day after we booked I saw this news. How long do we wait before we get offered to move? this construction will be a 2 year project and that is not what we wanted when we booked and payed. Our rental person was kind enough to call for me and was told we have to wait for the 7 month mark? I am nervous that by then there will be limited options to switch to! Will I get a letter or call even though we are not the owners? So hard to be patient when you spent a lot of money...
I don't think they will be doing this for the entire time the construction is going on. This was probably done because once it was announced many people booked there did not have options to move. Since you'll still have the opportunity to move at the 7 month mark They will probably just expect you to move. Good news is April isn't as busy as November and December for dvc so you'll probably have some good options! I'm booked at vwl in May and I have already decided what 4 resorts in order of preference I will be switching to at the 7 month mark. I'm confident I'll be able to move to one of them without issue! Good luck!

ok! so we wait... thing is that I wouldnt have booked right at the 11 month mark there had I known this project was planned, no one wants to be running around bothering the DVC member once they book and pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter