MS called today about my upcoming stay at VWL....anyone else?

julluvsdisney

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're f
I received a mesg from ms today to call them about my upcoming trip to VWL in novemeber. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it worth calling back? If it's just to tell me about the impending construction at the lodge theres no point since i probably already know what they are going to tell me. would they call for any other reason?

TIA!

They are calling to notify you of construction. Other guests (including myself) have asked what our options were due to construction. Many guests were offered an upgrade to a different resort free of charge. I was booked at VWL and they offered a Bay Lake Tower studio to me at no additional cost. Other guests have been offered to move to Grand Floridian (even some who were booked on points) and others were also given 3 additional fastpasses per day. It is worth calling back if any of that sounds interesting :)

They are calling to notify you of construction. Other guests (including myself) have asked what our options were due to construction. Many guests were offered an upgrade to a different resort free of charge. I was booked at VWL and they offered a Bay Lake Tower studio to me at no additional cost. Other guests have been offered to move to Grand Floridian (even some who were booked on points) and others were also given 3 additional fastpasses per day. It is worth calling back if any of that sounds interesting :)

Yea I would loved to be moved. I am disapointed that they didnt notify us before the 7 month mark so we could have made changes to avoid the construction zone! I had a chance to switch to several resorts but didnt because it was our xmas vaction and
I thought VWL would be great for that! What did you say to get them to change resorts for you?

Yea I would loved to be moved. I am disapointed that they didnt notify us before the 7 month mark so we could have made changes to avoid the construction zone! I had a chance to switch to several resorts but didnt because it was our xmas vaction and
I thought VWL would be great for that! What did you say to get them to change resorts for you?

In my particular case, I didn't speak directly with member services because I am staying on rented points. The owner did. But it seems when people have received the phone call, they ask "what their options are" and if its possible to change resorts. Then discuss price. I'm sure Disney wants to get as many people moved as possible because they seem to be taking lots of rooms out of inventory. I switched because I did not want to show up and be forced to move due to overbooking. I did some digging on the boards and found that around 2007 guests were being moved to other resorts at check in due to their original resort being under construction.

I would call back and see what they can offer! I had many options available even though I'm within 6 months. Animal kingdom Lodge is just as beautiful as WL during Xmas :)

In my particular case, I didn't speak directly with member services because I am staying on rented points. The owner did. But it seems when people have received the phone call, they ask "what their options are" and if its possible to change resorts. Then discuss price. I'm sure Disney wants to get as many people moved as possible because they seem to be taking lots of rooms out of inventory. I switched because I did not want to show up and be forced to move due to overbooking. I did some digging on the boards and found that around 2007 guests were being moved to other resorts at check in due to their original resort being under construction.

I would call back and see what they can offer! I had many options available even though I'm within 6 months. Animal kingdom Lodge is just as beautiful as WL during Xmas :)

Thank you for all the info! I am really upset as this is most likely my mothers last trip with us (she is starting to feel her age) and I wanted it to be very magical! A construction zone is not magical! I would be willing to switch to any resort except OKW and SSR. I wonder if the grand or the poly would be offered? At least then we would still be in the MK area! Uggg I'll have to call first thing tomorrow! I'm very anxious to find out what my options are!

Thank you for all the info! I am really upset as this is most likely my mothers last trip with us (she is starting to feel her age) and I wanted it to be very magical! A construction zone is not magical! I would be willing to switch to any resort except OKW and SSR. I wonder if the grand or the poly would be offered? At least then we would still be in the MK area! Uggg I'll have to call first thing tomorrow! I'm very anxious to find out what my options are!

Good luck! Maybe you should ask to "be moved to another MK Area resort" and see what they offer. Grand seems to be the most common relocation.

Good luck! Maybe you should ask to "be moved to another MK Area resort" and see what they offer. Grand seems to be the most common relocation.
I have seen a lot of posts that WL hotel guests have been moved to GF (hotel) at no charge but only one post of a renter in a VWL studio being moved to a GF hotel pursuant to their request. If you are staying in a studio and would like a regular hotel room perhaps they will be able to accomodate you too. I have seen multiple posts about people being switched/offered BLT and AKL. I did find it strange that they don't seem to offer Poly (since disney owns so many of the points there still) but then again it would be odd to change people from one construction zone to another I guess. Good luck with member services. Let us know how you make out :)

Ok So I asked to be moved anywhere and since its a holiday week they are booked solid. So I got the memory maker and the fast passes. The gentleman was very helpful but he said that the memory maker would just show up under mde and I don't see it. Has anyone else had this issue? Will they send me the card like they normally do? I didn't think to ask if they would send anything to me such as an email or in the mail so I would have proof that they gave it to me.

We are booked at VWL 11/22 - 11/28 and I wondered if we would be contacted. Nothing yet although it seems others during that time frame are. I know the resort is booked for Thanksgiving so I wondered what they would do if they have no where to move you. I wish I had known at the 7 month mark that this construction would have been going on so we could have not put in the waitlist. Will wait and see I suppose....

Ok So I asked to be moved anywhere and since its a holiday week they are booked solid. So I got the memory maker and the fast passes. The gentleman was very helpful but he said that the memory maker would just show up under mde and I don't see it. Has anyone else had this issue? Will they send me the card like they normally do? I didn't think to ask if they would send anything to me such as an email or in the mail so I would have proof that they gave it to me.

You use your MBs for Memory Maker now, so no card is sent out. I can't remember if DSIL got an ID number or not when she recently purchased MM online. It should show up on your MDE.

Last edited:
Other guests have been offered to move to Grand Floridian (even some who were booked on points) and others were also given 3 additional fastpasses per day. It is worth calling back if any of that sounds interesting :)

I have seen a lot of posts that WL hotel guests have been moved to GF (hotel) at no charge but only one post of a renter in a VWL studio being moved to a GF hotel pursuant to their request.

I'm probably the person you all are referencing. I rented points, but requested a GF regular room instead of a studio somewhere else. When my owner sent me the new confirmation, I was shocked at the new points amount shown. I only rented 116 points, but the GF regular room (Garden-view, btw, not Lagoon view) shows as 424 points (not really sure how they do that conversion). Good grief! He doesn't actually have to use more points, though, and I don't have to pay anything else.

What specifically did they tell you about the FPs and how they'll show up? I've got my resort reservation linked in MDE, but I don't see anything about those "unassigned" FPs which I'm supposed to have, too. Do you know if they'll not show up until the 60 day mark when you can make your regular FP+? I just want to confirm that I have them. My owner did explain how they told him they'll work as far as the scanners at a ride will automatically use the "unassigned/anytime" ones before any/all of the scheduled ones, so you have to schedule all of your reserved ones for later in the day or least use them for different attractions than your scheduled ones.

We are booked at VWL 11/22 - 11/28 and I wondered if we would be contacted. Nothing yet although it seems others during that time frame are. I know the resort is booked for Thanksgiving so I wondered what they would do if they have no where to move you. I wish I had known at the 7 month mark that this construction would have been going on so we could have not put in the waitlist. Will wait and see I suppose....

My dates are 11/21 - 11/28 and I received a call Saturday morning, so you'll probably get one today. I really didn't want to move to a studio somewhere else, so I was going to stick it out at VWL with some extra FPs that they offered us. However, my owner who had contacted me just after I got the call from guest services, inquired for me if I could just move to a regular room at GF (as regular Lodge guests were getting offered) and they did it, so that's where I'll be staying.

My dates are 11/21 - 11/28 and I received a call Saturday morning, so you'll probably get one today. I really didn't want to move to a studio somewhere else, so I was going to stick it out at VWL with some extra FPs that they offered us. However, my owner who had contacted me just after I got the call from guest services, inquired for me if I could just move to a regular room at GF (as regular Lodge guests were getting offered) and they did it, so that's where I'll be staying.

That would be really nice. I have wanted to stay at WL during the holidays since our first trip in 1999 but it was never possible. I was so excited when this waitlist came through and now look what has happened. ;) It is just hard to know what to expect and just how bad the construction will be. With as bad as the Poly got and they never moved people that has me very worried. The other waitlist we had in was for VGF because it was our second choice since they also have wonderful holiday decorations. Of course we cancelled that waitlist when VWL came through. Would have kept that waitlist if we had known.

Yes, I got a couple calls over the weekend. I have THREE reservations for Thanksgiving week at VWL: two 2 bedrooms and a 1 bedroom. The two 2 bedrooms are for my family and my inlaws. The one bedroom is for a friend to whom I am renting points. The renter has very young children and wanted to stay to be near MK. I would have moved the 2 two bedrooms if we could have been together at a resort I like. I asked for AKV, BWV, BCV, VGF and BLT and none had availabilty. All they offered was Saratoga Spring or Old Key West, neither of which we care for. I am not wait listing because we want the 2 bedrooms to be together and could potentially be split up if we wait list. We ended up staying puy and getting complimentary Memory Maker and some extra FPs for all three rooms. It is what it is. I also own at BLT and booked this trip at 11 months. Had i known about the huge renovation I would've booked BLT. We will make the best of it. By the way, they told me the reason the renovation at BCV is delayed is because they are focusing on this VWL project instead.

You use your MBs for Memory Maker now, so no card is sent out. I can't remember if DSIL got an ID number or not when she recently purchased MM online. It should show up on your MDE.

Ugggg this is not happening and I don't know why! I wonder how quickly it should show up? I don't even know who I should call to fix this issue? Im so upset about this entire thing! I was so excited to stay at VWL and now I'm just stressed about it!

I received an email today from Disney that had a will call code for the Memory Maker package and instructions on how to link it to mydisneyexperience account. The extra free FPs are already showing up in MDE.

I received an email today from Disney that had a will call code for the Memory Maker package and instructions on how to link it to mydisneyexperience account. The extra free FPs are already showing up in MDE.

When did you talk to MS about taking the memory maker and fp? I talked to them at 9am today so I'm wondering if it takes time? Also I have my DVC rooms linked under mde with a different email than my DVC account is linked to. I'm wondering if this is the issue?

I got the first call about the renovation on Sat afternoon. I had some follow up questions about MM and FP so I called MS this morning. They contacted the rep who had called me on Sat to clarify my questions. Then, the email came and the FPs showed up sometime this afternoon. I feel like my follow up call this am may have sped things up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter