• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MS called today about my upcoming stay at VWL....anyone else?

Has anyone had their tickets for VWL show up in MDE yet? I'm wondering if we can use them to upgrade to DVC AP?

I received the confirmation email for the tickets and added them to MDE. They say 6 DAY PARK HOPPER COMPLIMENTARY. I doubt they will be upgradable with that language. But I was thinking the same thing. :)

I received the confirmation email for the tickets and added them to MDE. They say 6 DAY PARK HOPPER COMPLIMENTARY. I doubt they will be upgradable with that language. But I was thinking the same thing. :)

I would guess not but who knows. I have a one day complimentary park hopper ticket from years ago that I asked to be changed to a 1 day rfid ticket (so I could make fast passes ahead of time once I want to use it) at guest services in May. I was told no it couldn't be changed to the newer type of ticket as "no changes can be made to any complimentary tickets" but that it was still valid for admission. When I actually plan to use it they said I can call the Disney IT department in advance and they would manually input my fast pass selections.

We got the phone call and when I returned they explained everything that would be going on (construction wise).
Since it's just two of us this trip and we planned limited time at the Lodge it's not a big deal .
I did not let on that I didn't mind staying there or that they were offering various things if you stayed there.
I was very amicable to them and asked if any "perks" were being offered for staying at the Lodge. He put me on hold and came back on and said they will give me 9 points back, which on a 60 point stay is a good deal.

Last edited:

Originally, we had a cash reservation at the WL for our first night followed by a 6-night stay in a 1 bedroom WLV. I received two letters, assuming one for each separate reservation. I checked the DVC Member website for availability at other DVC resorts during our stay, and nothing was available for the full 6 nights. I called MS after reading this thread to see what options would be available to us. I was put on hold for quite a bit of time, but they came back with a 1 bedroom at BCV for the entire 6 nights. Our reservations falls during the F&W Festival so we accepted this offer and were honestly surprised that it was available. I then canceled our one night at WL and moved it to YC.

That's great -- I love the 1 bedrooms at BLT! What an awesome resolution to your problem!

I know, right? We stayed in a BLT 1 Bedroom back in 2010 when our 1st born was 3 months old, and shared it with our in-laws. Such a fantastic set up. We are so thrilled. For our trip we are thinking about using garden grocer for the first time and cooking some meals in the room since we usually stay in a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter