• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most helpful but unique item you pack??

Baby wipes, they are good for everything.
1. I take a handful out put dish detergent on them , let them dry and we have disposable wipes for cleaning our mugs.
2. Also take a handful and soak them with Lysol with bleach. This is to use for disinfecting the room, or a table that needs to be wiped before eating.
3. Put Purell on a 3rd set and use those for wiping dirty hands, particularly in the parks.
4. Take another handful of wipes in a zip lock add ice and have a cool wipe for skin on a hot day in the park.

I use a sharpie to label bags before leaving home so there is no mistaking with wipe is in the bags.
A generic bag of wipes cost around 5 dollars, for that price, you can't go wrong.

The best tip I've ever gotten from The Dis is to pack pillowcases. I always find the ones in hotels to be scratchy, yet it had never occurred to me that I could just bring my own!

The best tip I've ever gotten from The Dis is to pack pillowcases. I always find the ones in hotels to be scratchy, yet it had never occurred to me that I could just bring my own!

Yes! I have also brought a t-shirt from home and then slip that over the pillow.

Baby wipes, they are good for everything.
1. I take a handful out put dish detergent on them , let them dry and we have disposable wipes for cleaning our mugs.
2. Also take a handful and soak them with Lysol with bleach. This is to use for disinfecting the room, or a table that needs to be wiped before eating.
3. Put Purell on a 3rd set and use those for wiping dirty hands, particularly in the parks.
4. Take another handful of wipes in a zip lock add ice and have a cool wipe for skin on a hot day in the park.

I use a sharpie to label bags before leaving home so there is no mistaking with wipe is in the bags.
A generic bag of wipes cost around 5 dollars, for that price, you can't go wrong.

What a great idea!!

Spray misting bottle for ice water to spray on us in the parks.
Hand sanitizer
Baby wipes
Lots of ziplock bags all sizes. A large one is great to put a wet rain poncho in or anything you don't want wet when it rains.

They are like stiff and feel like plastic lol

I didn't go back and read all 8 pages, so if this is a repeat, I apologize! We've found bringing disposable hot cups a good idea. I don't drink coffee, but my DD's do. They like making a pot in the room and having coffee to go on our way out in the mornings. They can then just toss the cups out when we get to the Park. Very convenient and helps stave off the Starbucks temptation!

What is the most helpful item you pack, that isn't a staple item?? I like to hear what people pack that I wouldn't necessarily think of on my own.

We pack our own individually wrapped plastic silverware. do you want to pull a fork out of the same bin as little johnny with the runny nose who doesn't wash his hands in the bathroom? I don't. Disney is the happiest place on Earth but its also the germiest. Even traveling with someone with a compromised immune system, we made it through the last trip without either of us getting sick. not an easy thing to do lol

We pack our own individually wrapped plastic silverware. do you want to pull a fork out of the same bin as little johnny with the runny nose who doesn't wash his hands in the bathroom? I don't. Disney is the happiest place on Earth but its also the germiest. Even traveling with someone with a compromised immune system, we made it through the last trip without either of us getting sick. not an easy thing to do lol
Eek! Something I never thought to worrying about before, thanks!

I pack a paper towel wrapped kitchen knife in my checked luggage.

Knife comes in handy for cutting leftovers. Or cutting tags off souvenirs. I can use the tip as a screwdriver too.

I bring a (nylon-type) shopping bag that folds very small and fits in its own pouch. Hate carrying around those plastic park souvenir bags -- especially when it's hot. Easier to throw into this lightweight bag and just carry that around. Also great for carry-out goodies from the bakery or candy shop!

They have the dispensers now that spit out one at a time. I just use a napkin to push the lever down. If I had someone who was at-risk, I'd pack my own, but otherwise, I think it's ok.

Great tips everyone!
I am not a fan of those mini bars of soap, so I always pack a pump soap for the bathroom sink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter